Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does this look like shill bidding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
HAHA!! Yup!

He is getting smarter though... he use to bid even values over and over again like $4.00... $4.50... $5.00... etc.

Now he is just entering in random bids... still SHILL

Came across a big Kobe lot this morning that I thought about bidding on, until I saw the seller was bigboyd...when it's him or cardboardpimpin', I back away and look for something else.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Received the two cards I purchased. Wish it would have been 1 more. Oh well. :)

Trying to decide if I should be a dick about the shilling and leave it in the feedback with a neutral.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
Received the two cards I purchased. Wish it would have been 1 more. Oh well. :)

Trying to decide if I should be a dick about the shilling and leave it in the feedback with a neutral.

leave it in the feedback with a negative.

shilling equates to stealing money, why would that warrant a neutral?

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
To be honest, this one doesn't look shilled to me.
Highest bidder has 1% bid activity with the seller.
The only other bidder has 7% bid activity out of 56 items bid on.
Am I missing something?

I have to agree, this one doesn't look like shilling to me.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I also like how BigBoyd has several different seller accounts, so often times you will see bidders on his auctions that have 25-33% bidding activity on that account. Hmmmmmm, wanna guess what sellers they have the other 66-75% bidding activity with?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Well, it can be argued whether this is shill bidding or not, but when was the last time you bid 4 or 5 straight times on an auction within a few minutes? Only increasing your bid by a buck or two each time? Then come back another day or two later to do it again a few times and all through never be the top bidder?

Disagree all you want but that is very strange activity and it happens to be a BigBoyd auction! WEIRD!

bigboydsportscards3

Jan 21, 2010
I also like how BigBoyd has several different seller accounts, so often times you will see bidders on his auctions that have 25-33% bidding activity on that account. Hmmmmmm, wanna guess what sellers they have the other 66-75% bidding activity with?

FYI, we have one selling account.. So not sure where your info is coming from. We had a couple selling accounts we used about 2 years ago, been one account every since. As for the shilling, we responded to that in a thread on here a while back and can look it up if you want.. We have never and will never shill bid an auction. This will be my only response in this thread. Happy Holidays everyone.

westerngac

Aug 1, 2011
Reno, NV
FYI, we have one selling account.. So not sure where your info is coming from. We had a couple selling accounts we used about 2 years ago, been one account every since. As for the shilling, we responded to that in a thread on here a while back and can look it up if you want.. We have never and will never shill bid an auction. This will be my only response in this thread. Happy Holidays everyone.

"I am not a crook.....really.....I'm not....never would, nev....stop laughing, dammit! Thats it, I'm going home!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts