Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Drinking and cards: Bad combo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I've seen photos and videos of card "sorting" areas where people are drinking anything (beer, coffee, water, etc.). Liquid and paper don't go well together, so why even take the chance, but people do all the time.

I'll admit i have consumed liquids while sorting cards, but I am also ultra careful and aware at all times. Its also not around anything good.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've spilled champagne on cards twice. Only a couple valuable ones, and they were MTG and they were still sleeve-playable.

What's really dangerous are intoxicants and ebay. I've EWI'd a few times but never really gotten myself in trouble.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Oh man. EWI. Good thing that's not against the law. But it is dangerous. The other day I was bidding on a card after a couple beers, and decided to up my max bid from $15 to $16. Pretty harmless, right?

Well, only harmless if you actually hit those keystrokes right. Instead of deleting the 5 and typing in a 6, I missed the delete key and just typed in the 6, making my max bid $156. Now the card itself was nothing much, probably not worth even $15. But you never know when an auction is being shilled...so I was happy to see the auction end at something like $12.

I've spilled champagne on cards twice. Only a couple valuable ones, and they were MTG and they were still sleeve-playable.

What's really dangerous are intoxicants and ebay. I've EWI'd a few times but never really gotten myself in trouble.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
I have never in my life been drunk enough to even take a $100 card out of the one-touch to "admire it." And I've been pretty drunk.

Members online

Latest posts