Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebay question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
chuckbartowski said:
LLWesMan said:
chuckbartowski said:
Sweetness said:
Leaving less than five stars is bad feeback. If you buy a nice card and receive a nice card, why penalize the seller. I just don't get the logic.

I don't see it as penalizing the seller. I see it as giving my opinion of the seller. I'll tell you what...pm me your eBay ID, and I'll add you to my block bidder and seller list, and we will never have to worry about each other.

Then you don't understand the way ebay works. Anything less than five stars penalizes the seller by hurting DSR's. When your DSRs are below certain levels you lose powerseller status, when they go lower you can't even sell items in some cases. So YES it penalizes the seller.

I understand that it does penalizes the seller, but that's not the intent...the intent is to give my opinion. It's what the ratings are there for.

To be honest, I don't want someone who charges $3 and ships in a PWE selling on eBay.

Use the feedback to give your opinion. That's what that is for.

Wes

OG
Administrator
chuckbartowski said:
LLWesMan said:
chuckbartowski said:
LLWesMan said:
Rickzcards said:
[quote="Sweetness":2bxpb839][quote="chuckbartowski":2bxpb839]If you charge $3 for S&H, and ship in a PWE you deserve one star for shipping cost period. There are no if, and or buts in this regard. It is silly to argue otherwise. This is even if it is stated in the auction.

That is down right stupid. Why buy if you intend to leave bad feedback for not being satisfied? Just stupid!
I'm pretty sure he didn't buy the card with the intention of leaving bad feedback. The seller should have sent in a better manner. Had he done so then this wouldn't even be a discussion. And the stars are a matter of opinion, he felt he didn't get what he paid for so he is expressing his opinion by giving the seller 1 star, and rightfully so in my opinion. You have your opinion and he has his.

This type of pretentious sentiment is outrageous. Better? Better how? He received the card in perfect condition. PERIOD. It shouldn't matter how the seller got it to you, hand delivery, carrier pidgeon, who cares - you got the card you paid for for the cost you paid for in perfect condition. If all transactions went like that I'd be a happy to the extent of FIVE STARS. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

LaneyB said:
It's all fun and games until YOU receive a pwe.

I can only assume that no one on these boards ships in pwe's.

I've received PWE's - card in perfect condition. Positive feedback five stars.

I'm sorry, but this is just not true. The ratings are there for a reason. I don't just automatically put in five stars for everything. I actually think about how long the card takes to get to me, and how much shipping was. The only one I don't put a ton of thought in to is Communication and that's because 99% of deals don't require much. To me if a seller charges more than twice the amount it cost for him to ship he doesn't deserve 5 stars. I also take his stated handling time and add a week to it (for US shipping, two weeks for international shipping), and if I don't get it in that time frame I leave less than 5 stars unless he communicates with me that shipping was delayed.

I was speaking only to the condition - if they take two months to get me the card their shipping time rating is going down.[/quote:2bxpb839]

But why...you got the card in perfect condition. Why does it matter how long it took to get to you? You see how ridiculous that argument is???[/quote:2bxpb839]

Do you really not get it? A rating for shipping time is of course dependent on how long it takes. Shipping charges are a completely different issue.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
LLWesMan said:
chuckbartowski said:
LLWesMan said:
chuckbartowski said:
LLWesMan said:
[quote="Rickzcards":2tjluywv][quote="Sweetness":2tjluywv][quote="chuckbartowski":2tjluywv]If you charge $3 for S&H, and ship in a PWE you deserve one star for shipping cost period. There are no if, and or buts in this regard. It is silly to argue otherwise. This is even if it is stated in the auction.

That is down right stupid. Why buy if you intend to leave bad feedback for not being satisfied? Just stupid!
I'm pretty sure he didn't buy the card with the intention of leaving bad feedback. The seller should have sent in a better manner. Had he done so then this wouldn't even be a discussion. And the stars are a matter of opinion, he felt he didn't get what he paid for so he is expressing his opinion by giving the seller 1 star, and rightfully so in my opinion. You have your opinion and he has his.

This type of pretentious sentiment is outrageous. Better? Better how? He received the card in perfect condition. PERIOD. It shouldn't matter how the seller got it to you, hand delivery, carrier pidgeon, who cares - you got the card you paid for for the cost you paid for in perfect condition. If all transactions went like that I'd be a happy to the extent of FIVE STARS. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

LaneyB said:

I'm sorry, but this is just not true. The ratings are there for a reason. I don't just automatically put in five stars for everything. I actually think about how long the card takes to get to me, and how much shipping was. The only one I don't put a ton of thought in to is Communication and that's because 99% of deals don't require much. To me if a seller charges more than twice the amount it cost for him to ship he doesn't deserve 5 stars. I also take his stated handling time and add a week to it (for US shipping, two weeks for international shipping), and if I don't get it in that time frame I leave less than 5 stars unless he communicates with me that shipping was delayed.

I was speaking only to the condition - if they take two months to get me the card their shipping time rating is going down.[/quote:2tjluywv]

But why...you got the card in perfect condition. Why does it matter how long it took to get to you? You see how ridiculous that argument is???[/quote:2tjluywv]

Do you really not get it? A rating for shipping time is of course dependent on how long it takes. Shipping charges are a completely different issue.[/quote:2tjluywv]

You really just said that? Shipping time is dependent on how long it takes, but shipping charges are not dependent on how much they charged to ship? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: :lol: :lol:

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
By the way.. I have been dinged on my shipping costs when I sent it for free...

I ship cards the way I want them shipped to me.. Timely and well packaged..

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Wes, I'm sorry man. You just lost ALL credibility with that last statement.
Every time one of these threads comes up, there is always 1 or 2 guys who
beat the "you got the card in good condition" drum.

$3 for a PWE is absolutely unacceptable and unreasonable. That's what
the damn rating is there for! Plain and simple, sellers who do this are trying
to cheat the system and make a little extra $$ that eBay doesn't deduct from.

The very 1st thing I think about the people who defend this in threads is:
That guy prolly ships in PWE's, and I hope I never buy anything from him.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Chuck :lol: Sarcasm is the best way to argue when you can't come up with an valid point.

Of course you knock down a seller if something takes two months to arrive. Right in every listing the seller must say how quickly they ship so if the don't then they deserve less than a five.

I will concede that if a seller says they use bubble mailers and top loaders for 3.00 and then use a PWE then I'd because they are advertising something and not following through.

The only other time i can see knocking a seller for shipping cost is if they advertise priority express or fedex and then send first class.

Wes

OG
Administrator
chuckbartowski said:
LLWesMan said:
chuckbartowski said:
LLWesMan said:
chuckbartowski said:
[quote="LLWesMan":32y50lf4][quote="Rickzcards":32y50lf4][quote="Sweetness":32y50lf4][quote="chuckbartowski":32y50lf4]If you charge $3 for S&H, and ship in a PWE you deserve one star for shipping cost period. There are no if, and or buts in this regard. It is silly to argue otherwise. This is even if it is stated in the auction.

LaneyB said:

I was speaking only to the condition - if they take two months to get me the card their shipping time rating is going down.[/quote:32y50lf4]

But why...you got the card in perfect condition. Why does it matter how long it took to get to you? You see how ridiculous that argument is???[/quote:32y50lf4]

Do you really not get it? A rating for shipping time is of course dependent on how long it takes. Shipping charges are a completely different issue.[/quote:32y50lf4]

You really just said that? Shipping time is dependent on how long it takes, but shipping charges are not dependent on how much they charged to ship? ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: :lol: :lol:[/quote:32y50lf4]

Take your facepalms elsewhere. It's already been established that the same $3 charge is acceptable and is not what is being debated.

What I am saying is a shipping charges rating is not based on what kind of envelope it came in.

Wes

OG
Administrator
chashawk said:

That guy prolly ships in PWE's, and I hope I never buy anything from him.

I ship bubblemailers everytime with DC. The point is that I am not willing to take the risk of sending with PWE's. But that is MY choice. If I send PWE and the card is damaged, the buyer can file a claim and I would lose. If it's worth $1.50 or whatever savings to send PWE for me to risk that claim then fine. To me it isn't, to others, it is.

Is a shipping charge rating a rating of envelopes!? I think not.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
Sweetness said:
Chuck :lol: Sarcasm is the best way to argue when you can't come up with an valid point.

Of course you knock down a seller if something takes two months to arrive. Right in every listing the seller must say how quickly they ship so if the don't then they deserve less than a five.

I will concede that if a seller says they use bubble mailers and top loaders for 3.00 and then use a PWE then I'd because they are advertising something and not following through.

The only other time i can see knocking a seller for shipping cost is if they advertise priority express or fedex and then send first class.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was pointing out that the argument that you got the card in perfect condition is ridiculous.

And if the shipping time rating is dependent on how fast they ship the cards why wouldn't how much they charge for shipping affect the shipping charge rating?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
chashawk said:

That guy prolly ships in PWE's, and I hope I never buy anything from him

1. Talking about credibility. You assume because i don't care about receiving a pwe means i use them is a little off. I use NEW sleeves NEW loaders NEW team bags and bubble mailers. I use all new material because I scan in new loaders and because I advertise a new loader in a scan i send in new loaders. Do you? If you dont you are not being honest about your product for sale.

2. Talking about credibility. Do you always assume something w/o any basis for your assumption? Easiest way to lose credibility in any subject is to spout off about something you have no idea about.

Wes

OG
Administrator
chuckbartowski said:
Sweetness said:

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was pointing out that the argument that you got the card in perfect condition is ridiculous.

And if the shipping time rating is dependent on how fast they ship the cards why wouldn't how much they charge for shipping affect the shipping charge rating?

If you are going on the side of the debate that says $3 is reasonable for a bubblemailer but not a PWE than your argument is FULL of fallacies.

NO WHERE is it said that a card needs to be sent in a certain type of envelope.

Rating for Shipping Speed - Based on Shipping Speed
Rating for Shipping Charge - Based on Shipping Charge - The cost to you to get the item. PERIOD. Not the cost to get it in a certain type of case, envelope, origami folded design, or anything else. The cost to you to get in this case the card. $3 is very reasonable to get a card in perfect condition delivered to you.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Sweetness said:
chashawk said:

That guy prolly ships in PWE's, and I hope I never buy anything from him

1. Talking about credibility. You assume because i don't care about receiving a pwe means i use them is a little off. I use NEW sleeves NEW loaders NEW team bags and bubble mailers. I use all new material because I scan in new loaders and because I advertise a new loader in a scan i send in new loaders. Do you? If you dont you are not being honest about your product for sale.

2. Talking about credibility. Do you always assume something w/o any basis for your assumption? Easiest way to lose credibility in any subject is to spout off about something you have no idea about.
Sleeve, loader, teambag, 2 pcs. of cardboard, brand new bubble mailer.
EVERY time. $2.49

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Wes - the rating for shipping charge has nothing to do with
what condition you received the card in. There is an entirely
seperate rating for that.

Obviously you aren't going to get it, and you and sweetness
aren't going to change your minds. Therefore I am done posting
in this effing retarded thread, and chuck should stop wasting his
time as well.

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
chuckbartowski said:
Sweetness said:

Because I am agreeing to pay a price to SHIP me a card, the price is not dependent on the envelope. Like I said before if the seller charges a price and says he will ship in a bubble mailer and then sends a pwe then a less than perfect feedback is needed. Same a buying a mint card and receiving a dinged up card.
I can understand the differnece in opinion here but I cant understand why you would knock a seller for sending a pwe if they advertise a pwe. You are fully aware that the seller is going to send a pwe but yet you agree to pay the shipping price a then complain about it after the fact. How does that seem rational?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
chashawk said:

time as well.

AKA... I WIN :D

Wes

OG
Administrator
chashawk said:

time as well.

You're making my point even better. All I have said is that the rating for shipping charge is based on the charge itself. No stipulations. If $3 is too much to get a 5 star rating, then I feel bad from the sellers that you buy from.

Additionally - I ship all my items with bubblemailers, DC, cardboard, team bags, etc etc for FREE.

Members online

Latest posts