Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Espn Arod Used Roids With Yankees And IN High School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
thefasterblade said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
Who cares

Just hit the ball ARod

Yeah who cares about the integrity of the game.

Don't be mad just because a hurt A-Rod can hit the ball better than a healthy David Wright right now.

Yeah in the minors, let him come back to the rants of New Yorkers, yelling out AROID, and see what he hits.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
cgilmo said:
Who cares

Just hit the ball ARod

I agree. Why do we all care about this crap? I know I don't.

Who cares if he took them in Little League, High School, with the Mariners, Rangers, Yankees...etc? It's not right but it doesn't bother me at all.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I don't understand the "who cares" stance. Obviously many MANY people care. Just because you don't, doesn't mean it's not a valid discussion. I also find it funny that almost all the info that is supposedly "new", is merely speculation and has no evidence or merit. This is clearly a money making effort on her part. Tell us the names and show us the evidence.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Lack of evidence = witch hunt

The only thing I am really concerned about is the "pitch tipping". This is a far bigger story than steroids IMO.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Kutzy said:

The only thing I am really concerned about is the "pitch tipping". This is a far bigger story than steroids IMO.

and explains how he does so well in blowouts.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
beefycheddar said:
Kutzy said:

Doesn't every team pitch tip? If a pitcher is exposing his pitches, is the other team supposed to ignore it? I always thought that was common practice in baseball.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
beefycheddar said:
Kutzy said:

Doesn't every team pitch tip? If a pitcher is exposing his pitches, is the other team supposed to ignore it? I always thought that was common practice in baseball.

If I am reading correctly, A-Rod would give out pitches to the OTHER team while playing SS. He would be in position, looking at the catcher and giving the hitter the pitch coming his way.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Kutzy said:
If I am reading correctly, A-Rod would give out pitches to the OTHER team while playing SS. He would be in position, looking at the catcher and giving the hitter the pitch coming his way.

If that is what is being implied, I don't believe it for one second and this book is a farce.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Kutzy said:

If that is what is being implied, I don't believe it for one second and this book is a farce.

The other option is a non-story IMO.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
sportscardtheory said:
Kutzy said:

I don't think they are saying it was intentional.

I haven't read the book, but they could be saying that if the catcher sat up inside, Rodriguez would anticipate the batter to pull the ball and shade twards third base. If the catcher set up outside he would shade towards the middle.

That isn't a big deal at all, and every mlb player should do it to some degree if only mentally to know what to anticipate.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
sportscardtheory said:
Kutzy said:

Is AROD doing anything really that unbelievable? If someone had told you 6 months ago that he'd agree to a magazine picture with him kissing himself in the mirror would you believe that?

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
sportscardtheory said:
Kutzy said:

Is AROD doing anything really that unbelievable? If someone had told you 6 months ago that he'd agree to a magazine picture with him kissing himself in the mirror would you believe that?

Yes

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Maybe you guys missed this in the first post:

A-Rod "pitch tipped" when he played for the Rangers by letting opponents at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games. A-Rod expected players he helped would reciprocate when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up.

How can you say this is not intentional, also explains why he does like crap in playoffs when no one is willing to tip the pitches.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
Who cares

Just hit the ball ARod

Yeah who cares about the integrity of the game.

I don't think roids violate the integrity of the game.

So using a banned substance to help you do better than the next guy doesn't hurt the game. Come on. If you don't think it does, then why has MLB banned it, and setup testing for it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
gregbara said:
Maybe you guys missed this in the first post:

A-Rod "pitch tipped" when he played for the Rangers by letting opponents at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games. A-Rod expected players he helped would reciprocate when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up.

How can you say this is not intentional, also explains why he does like crap in playoffs when no one is willing to tip the pitches.

You believe this is true because this writer is saying it is? I would like some proof before I throw Rodriguez under the bus.

Members online

Latest posts