Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Espn Arod Used Roids With Yankees And IN High School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
js0000001 said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
Who cares

Just hit the ball ARod

Yeah who cares about the integrity of the game.

I don't think roids violate the integrity of the game.

So destroying the record books doesn't violate the integrity of the game.

Cheating is cheating no matter how it is accomplished, and there is no integrity in cheating whatsoever.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
I agree there is no proof, but look at this guys track record, its only a matter of time until the proof comes out.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
sportscardtheory said:
gregbara said:
Maybe you guys missed this in the first post:

A-Rod "pitch tipped" when he played for the Rangers by letting opponents at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games. A-Rod expected players he helped would reciprocate when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up.

How can you say this is not intentional, also explains why he does like crap in playoffs when no one is willing to tip the pitches.

You believe this is true because this writer is saying it is? I would like some proof before I throw Rodriguez under the bus.

Isn't this what everyone was saying when the writer first broke the story about Arod failing the drug test. Right now the writer is more credible in my opinion than Arod is.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Tomlinson21RB said:
sportscardtheory said:
You believe this is true because this writer is saying it is? I would like some proof before I throw Rodriguez under the bus.

Isn't this what everyone was saying when the writer first broke the story about Arod failing the drug test. Right now the writer is more credible in my opinion than Arod is.

I agree, but I'm not going to take everything she says as absolute truth.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
sportscardtheory said:
js0000001 said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
gregbara said:
[quote="cgilmo":1aeoenpf]Who cares

Just hit the ball ARod

Yeah who cares about the integrity of the game.

I don't think roids violate the integrity of the game.

So destroying the record books doesn't violate the integrity of the game.

Cheating is cheating no matter how it is accomplished, and there is no integrity in cheating whatsoever.[/quote:1aeoenpf]

And they all cheated.

From Ty Cobb to modern players.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Actually, this is a very smart move on her part. You uncover a truth you can prove... now everyone is hooked. You use that truth to get a book deal. Now you can say whatever you want, because people will believe you. You throw out all this "hear-say" and "hidden" testimony to tarnish this person even more, and people accept it as truth. Genius way to "create" book sales.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
cgilmo said:
quote]

And they all cheated.

Bold statement. Amazing that players used steroids before they were invented. Incredible. Someone should give Cobb the credit for inventing steroids, as he had them years ahead of the inventors.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
cgilmo said:
sportscardtheory said:
Cheating is cheating no matter how it is accomplished, and there is no integrity in cheating whatsoever.

And they all cheated.

Since you are under the assumption that every single athlete to ever play a sport is a cheater (which I don't believe and you can not prove, by the way), there is not much more I can say. I guess there are levels of cheating, but that is most likely the closest we will come to agreeing on this subject.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
And they all cheated.

Bold statement. Amazing that players used steroids before they were invented. Incredible. Someone should give Cobb the credit for inventing steroids, as he had them years ahead of the inventors.

This made me laugh, and not in a good way.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Kutzy said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
And they all cheated.

This made me laugh, and not in a good way.

Seriously :D

Yes, I said Cobb used roids ::facepalm::

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
quote]

And they all cheated.

John McGraw was a Hall of Fame great who had a reputation for holding base runners by their belt loops and would even go as far as blocking and tripping runners. He was not afraid to try this stunt with runners larger than his 155lb frame.

Gaylord Perry, Hall of Fame inductee, had the infamous "spitter" ball or "Vaseline ball". While compiling his 314-265 record, this pitcher would stand on his mound and touch his sleeve or cap. At these times, he would "load up" his ball, or appear to "load up" his ball in order to psych out the batter at the plate, enhancing the hopes for a strikeout. Because of this naughty habit, this great athlete was one of the few pitchers in the sport to get reprimanded. In 1982 he was suspended from baseball for doctoring the ball.

Ty Cobb, or otherwise known as the "Georgia Peach", was not a Hall of Famer, but held dozens of the league’s records. However, despite the records, the major reason that this athlete was able to steal bases on occasion without fail was because fielders would fear the wrath of his sharpened spikes. Cobb had a nasty habit of using his pointed spikes as weapons on the base paths.

Mike Scott, also a holder of dozens of major league statistics, had a habit of using emery boards not for the nails on his hands but to shave a little bit here and there on the ball. Altering the ball in this way allowed many of the hitters to be potential strikeout victims.

Kent Hrbek was a charismatic player who helped his team reach two World Series. In 1991, his charisma was not enough to save him when in a play, a member of the opposing team landed on his base. Lo and behold, Hrbek in an orchestrated maneuver he thought to be covert bumped the fellow off the base. He tagged the guy out. What Hrbek did not know, was that there were cameras running at certain angles poised to catch him in the act. Hrbek himself found out what it was like to be OUT!

Joe Niekro was no stranger to the emery board, ball-shaving fix. Even though Niekro claimed the emery board in his pocket was to file his fingernails so he could keep his knuckleball skills in check, it wasn’t until 1987 he was caught cheating. An umps’ eye caught an emery board flying out of Niekro’s pocket and Niekro got suspended for 10 days, no doubt giving the pitcher sufficient time to keep a neat set of nails.

In the unholy name of baseball cheating, there was Albert Belle. He was known to have "his own kind" of special bat; one that could have been known to hold more cork than a million bottles of champagne. In 1994, Belle was suspended for seven games in an occurrence where Albert’s bat was confiscated by an umpire after suspicions of bat tampering were made known to him.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Baseballs-Gre ... &id=196593

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
It's well documented that Cobb did 'roids........

..... and he used Preparation H for them, I hear. Ok bad joke. :)

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Another, in a long line of "I'm not surprised" moments...

Most smart people realized he was lying after being caught last time after his story was changing from one day to another. If you are taking roids in Texas because you were worried about living up to the pressure of the contract, like he's going to go off of them when moving to the Yankees, the most pressure filled place in sports.

ARod is a losing of a human being, good thing I only care about what he does on the diamond.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Eh, I don't care anymore about A-Rod. It wouldn't surprise me if he did the things stated in the book, and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
RL24 said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
quote]

And they all cheated.

John McGraw was a Hall of Fame great who had a reputation for holding base runners by their belt loops and would even go as far as blocking and tripping runners. He was not afraid to try this stunt with runners larger than his 155lb frame.

Gaylord Perry, Hall of Fame inductee, had the infamous "spitter" ball or "Vaseline ball". While compiling his 314-265 record, this pitcher would stand on his mound and touch his sleeve or cap. At these times, he would "load up" his ball, or appear to "load up" his ball in order to psych out the batter at the plate, enhancing the hopes for a strikeout. Because of this naughty habit, this great athlete was one of the few pitchers in the sport to get reprimanded. In 1982 he was suspended from baseball for doctoring the ball.

Ty Cobb, or otherwise known as the "Georgia Peach", was not a Hall of Famer, but held dozens of the league’s records. However, despite the records, the major reason that this athlete was able to steal bases on occasion without fail was because fielders would fear the wrath of his sharpened spikes. Cobb had a nasty habit of using his pointed spikes as weapons on the base paths.

Mike Scott, also a holder of dozens of major league statistics, had a habit of using emery boards not for the nails on his hands but to shave a little bit here and there on the ball. Altering the ball in this way allowed many of the hitters to be potential strikeout victims.

Kent Hrbek was a charismatic player who helped his team reach two World Series. In 1991, his charisma was not enough to save him when in a play, a member of the opposing team landed on his base. Lo and behold, Hrbek in an orchestrated maneuver he thought to be covert bumped the fellow off the base. He tagged the guy out. What Hrbek did not know, was that there were cameras running at certain angles poised to catch him in the act. Hrbek himself found out what it was like to be OUT!

Joe Niekro was no stranger to the emery board, ball-shaving fix. Even though Niekro claimed the emery board in his pocket was to file his fingernails so he could keep his knuckleball skills in check, it wasn’t until 1987 he was caught cheating. An umps’ eye caught an emery board flying out of Niekro’s pocket and Niekro got suspended for 10 days, no doubt giving the pitcher sufficient time to keep a neat set of nails.

In the unholy name of baseball cheating, there was Albert Belle. He was known to have "his own kind" of special bat; one that could have been known to hold more cork than a million bottles of champagne. In 1994, Belle was suspended for seven games in an occurrence where Albert’s bat was confiscated by an umpire after suspicions of bat tampering were made known to him.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Baseballs-Gre ... &id=196593

And none of this is deemed "legal" or allowed in baseball right now (or maybe even then), and neither is steroid use. So what is the point?

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
honestly who cares. he admitted using before the yankess. im sure he gets tested regularly like every other player. if he is still juicing eventually he will get caught. and when he does he will get hammered.

what does it really matter if he juiced in high school 10+ years ago.

Wes

OG
Administrator
RL24 said:
gregbara said:
cgilmo said:
quote]

And they all cheated.

Wouldn't put too much faith in that article.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
abncollectsautos said:
honestly who cares. he admitted using before the yankess. im sure he gets tested regularly like every other player. if he is still juicing eventually he will get caught. and when he does he will get hammered.

It's quite obvious that some people judge a person based on character. Players put themselves in a position to be judged... thus people "caring" about what said players do and have done in their playing careers.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
sportscardtheory said:
abncollectsautos said:

It's quite obvious that some people judge a person based on character. Players put themselves in a position to be judged... thus people "caring" about what said players do and have done in their playing careers.

i completely agree. but should people really care what players did in high school? i bet most pro baseball players and football players juiced in high school, should we write books about all of them? i can see while as a pro, but high school, really?

Members online

Latest posts