Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FBI at the National?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
Sweetness said:
I hope that they really do go after Burge. I checked out his booth at the national and it was hilarious. Every single patch card was obviously fake. He was cracking jsa and bgs cases like they were peanuts. I saw with my own eyes him pulling cards out and handing off to his crew and saying "work on this one." He was so blaytant about it was insulting.

I hung around his booth for a while and drove away customers with my "FARTS OF DEATH." When a customer would walk up I walked over and dropped a bomb. :lol: a couple times I could tell his posse was hurting, they had that, "what the F is that smell" look on there face. It was so hard not to laugh but I kept the poker face for the good of the hobby. CHEMICAL WARFARE!!! Through out the day when ever I walked by I gassed 'em. Seriously, they were horrible farts.

So you're "THAT" guy.. :lol: I swear to God any card convention I've been to there are always a few dudes that smell like a bag of slapped ass. What is that all about? At least you were intentional and painted your targets. Nice.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Sweetness said:
I hope that they really do go after Burge. I checked out his booth at the national and it was hilarious. Every single patch card was obviously fake. He was cracking jsa and bgs cases like they were peanuts. I saw with my own eyes him pulling cards out and handing off to his crew and saying "work on this one." He was so blaytant about it was insulting.

I hung around his booth for a while and drove away customers with my "FARTS OF DEATH." When a customer would walk up I walked over and dropped a bomb. :lol: a couple times I could tell his posse was hurting, they had that, "what the F is that smell" look on there face. It was so hard not to laugh but I kept the poker face for the good of the hobby. CHEMICAL WARFARE!!! Through out the day when ever I walked by I gassed 'em. Seriously, they were horrible farts.

Suddenly we have a new favorite for "post of the year." Thanked for a helluva post and brutal honesty.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Sweetness said:

All that comes to mind is "Wow!". Well, at least you take pride in your work. BTW, are you going to Baltimore next year, and if so, what days?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
gt2590 said:
Sweetness said:

All that comes to mind is "Wow!". Well, at least you take pride in your work. BTW, are you going to Baltimore next year, and if so, what days?

Hopefully I'll be able go for the whole show. I wasn't planning on Cleveland this year but I ended up going for the day on friday.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not the type to drop the whole I told you so, but I did in fact tell you so in the days leading up to the National in the Burge bashing thread. One of the things they did in the past at large shows was confiscate autographed and non autographed jerseys of players. We all know there are numerous companies out there faking jerseys and not paying the rights to the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB. These leagues are realizing the money they are missing and are wanting their take. In regards to the auction houses, this will have a fall out affect on cards in my opinion. Don't the card companies buy from these auction houses for their cut autos? And in the NYT article they had PSA listed, didn't someone see Burge busting a PSA case and telling someone to "work on that" for him? I think there is more to come to this story and I hope alot of these guys with shady business practices go down!

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
goldenegg1 said:
I'm not the type to drop the whole I told you so, but I did in fact tell you so in the days leading up to the National in the Burge bashing thread. One of the things they did in the past at large shows was confiscate autographed and non autographed jerseys of players. We all know there are numerous companies out there faking jerseys and not paying the rights to the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB. These leagues are realizing the money they are missing and are wanting their take. In regards to the auction houses, this will have a fall out affect on cards in my opinion. Don't the card companies buy from these auction houses for their cut autos? And in the NYT article they had PSA listed, didn't someone see Burge busting a PSA case and telling someone to "work on that" for him? I think there is more to come to this story and I hope alot of these guys with shady business practices go down!

Burge busts legit JSA and BGS cases and puts em in psa cases. I dont know how he gets the psa cases but psa should investigate him b/c they will catch some fall out if he goes down. The JSA case I saw him bust had a jersey card inside with a big white patch. After it is "worked on" im sure the patch will be a little more flashy.

The thing I worry about the most is burge b/c he can obviously fake psa's. It would be catistrophic for the hobby if he got busted with a large amount of fake psa slabbed stuff and large national news adgency ran a story.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Sweetness said:
goldenegg1 said:

Burge busts legit JSA and BGS cases and puts em in psa cases. I dont know how he gets the psa cases but psa should investigate him b/c they will catch some fall out if he goes down. The JSA case I saw him bust had a jersey card inside with a big white patch. After it is "worked on" im sure the patch will be a little more flashy.

The thing I worry about the most is burge b/c he can obviously fake psa's. It would be catistrophic for the hobby if he got busted with a large amount of fake psa slabbed stuff and large national news adgency ran a story.

Wiwag did the same thing and got busted by the fbi.

Members online

Latest posts