Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB questfort206wagner Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I have no idea. If no one wants to sell anything to me on FCB, I will just look for deals/steals on eBay. The games will go on.

It's a game I was more than willing to help with as I have a Honus Wagner 1/1 Topps Sterling relic card in my bucket I have no use for anymore so I was willing to let you make a profit but after the attitude you gave you bet you won't get business on FCB. Steals on eBay are that much tougher you're lucky if you find an $80 card for $50 and after that with shipping and fees you'll make like $20 bucks on the deal. Maybe once you'll flip it for $80-$100 bucks. How many times can you do that? 2-3? Doesn't really make sense to be a jerk to the people that are actually helping you.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
It's a game I was more than willing to help with as I have a Honus Wagner 1/1 Topps Sterling relic card in my bucket I have no use for anymore so I was willing to let you make a profit but after the attitude you gave you bet you won't get business on FCB. Steals on eBay are that much tougher you're lucky if you find an $80 card for $50 and after that with shipping and fees you'll make like $20 bucks on the deal. Maybe once you'll flip it for $80-$100 bucks. How many times can you do that? 2-3? Doesn't really make sense to be a jerk to the people that are actually helping you.

I wasn't being a jerk. Your perception is askew. All I did was explain why it took so long to start. Again, I apologize for being honest and truthful.

A_Pharis

"Syd finally got the chance to get the cards to me.." = explaining.
"Took him WAY too long to get... " = putting it on Syd as though he did something wrong.

You said it, at least have the balls to admit you were being a ********* about something you got for (nearly) free.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
"Syd finally got the chance to get the cards to me.." = explaining.
"Took him WAY too long to get... " = putting it on Syd as though he did something wrong.

You said it, at least have the balls to admit you were being a ********* about something you got for (nearly) free.

As pertaining to the purpose of the thread (I clearly asked for ASAP shipping to keep things moving along), two and a half weeks to receive the item wasn't efficient or sufficient and I merely stated as such. Along with stating the truth of the situation, I graciously thanked him for what he did TWICE in the same short post. You guys are making such a huge deal out of nothing. Find something else to get upset about... something that actually matters.

Last edited:

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Well, this totally took off. I didn't mean for your post to get totally ostracized, and credit where credit is due, it did take me an exceptionally long time to get the cards in the mail, that's why I added the three other cards (our deal was originally $1 for a Dillon Howard auto from LMD shipped) and shipped them priority once I finally did get them in the mail. This is the last post I will be making on this subject, I wish you the best, sincerely. I am on my own quest of sorts like this, literally this time last year I took $250 from my bank account and have built my collection with that, buying low and selling hi, so this can be done.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Well, this totally took off. I didn't mean for your post to get totally ostracized, and credit where credit is due, it did take me an exceptionally long time to get the cards in the mail, that's why I added the three other cards (our deal was originally $1 for a Dillon Howard auto from LMD shipped) and shipped them priority once I finally did get them in the mail. This is the last post I will be making on this subject, I wish you the best, sincerely. I am on my own quest of sorts like this, literally this time last year I took $250 from my bank account and have built my collection with that, buying low and selling hi, so this can be done.

Again, I thank you for your part. I never meant to insult you or call you out, I was just being honest about the situation. What you sent me is greatly appreciated. I wished they would have been shipped sooner, but it's not personal. I wasn't and am not mad at you about it, it is what it is and I'm the one who took 5 months to get this going. Sorry for any misconception that I was calling you out. I was just trying to let be known why it took so long for me to start. Thanks man.

Last edited:

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011

Did I miss where he thanked you for your VERY VERY VERY generous and unprovoked donation of those additional three cards on top of the one you gifted to him?

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Holy crapzilla, what is this an all girls high school? I think the mob needs to play nice. Theory and syd seem not to have a problem but yet the mob feels the need to get c*nty. Stay classy!!!

Members online