Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Sports Card Hot List for Late January

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I agree - Contenders makes my head spin. I can't believe they release a Collegiate Contenders and then put College variations into regular Contenders.

It's a constant reminder that Panini doesn't care about collectors or the hobby, just their bottom line.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Except that now there are a bazillion parallels.

Panini has ruined that series.

I was just about to point that out. Not to undermine what Chris wrote as I do consider it to be legit info. I've always seen them be "the card". Just never knew why. Even prior to all this parallel silliness. I know with the last couple of years there also appears to be more than one version too(different photo). I was trying to buy a few cheapies of Texas guys(Goodwin comes to mind) and was wondering why. I believe one was sp'd over the other? I tend to like playbook, finest, TC, TTT, and inception over the others. I remember SPA autos being the card to have too even though I believe exquisite was way better. If I remember correctly, Exquisite commanded higher prices but SPA was more sought after?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
It's a constant reminder that Panini doesn't care about collectors or the hobby, just their bottom line.

Eh, I'll take Panini for what they are. I love their designs. But just not Contenders. I think the coolest thing is that you can now get a lot of different rookie autos for pretty cheap. Just doesn't seem to be as much of a consensus on what is currently the card to have. Although you could argue Immaculate is it. The one thing I did hate was the Clear Vision autos. Great design IMO, terrible execution. Half the autos I've seen pulled were not even fully visible as the window cuts them off.