Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Feb Night Crew . . . Spring Training?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think there's little doubt that Arenado is the greatest active thirdbaseman. Which makes me think about another list. Going into 2020 who is your "greatest" at each position. I mean this in a historical sense not a "Bowman prospect, who can I make money off of" sense, if someone puts wander Franco at short stop I'm gonna bust a ***!

C-Yadier Molina
1b-Albert Pujols
2b-Robinson Cano
3b-Nolan Arenado
SS-Xander Bogaerts
OF-Mike Trout
OF-Andrew McCutcheon
OF-Mookie Betts
P-Justin Verlander
P-Clayton Kershaw

Posey v Molina is tight, Posey has the ROY, an MVP, 3 rings, which is a ton, but Molina is so crazy good behind the plate I just can't go against him, this was my hardest position.
I wanted Miguel Cabrera to make the list but say what you want about the megadeal Pujols got in LA he has aged better than Cabrera.
Shortstop is tough, everyone is so young no one has a giant historical feel like lots of the positions do. Many people are in this conversation but Bogaerts has good individual numbers to go along with two rings so I don't have a problem.making him a "homer" pick
Outfield has a ton of options after Trout. I picked Cutch and Mookie. Cutch has lost a step, and his injury last year notwithstanding he has aged semi gracefully by modern standards. If it weren't for Ryan Braun's PED issues the Hebrew Hammer may have made the list but Mookie already has an MVP and a WS ring so he takes the spot.
Pitchers, I think Verlander and Kershaw are easy picks. Scherzer and maybe Grienke have arguments but by my eye JV and Kershaw are above the rest.

Good idea, maybe make a March thread with this as the topic . . .because this thread is about to be buried by the sands of time! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts