Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRIDAY MORNING THREAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Morning Kiddies.
Dustin. I can't imagine there can possibly be any Dawson cards left you don't have :eek::p
And for those that missed it from last night. I hit this little diddy.
It's a winner for 1k. The odds are 1 in 3249 in winning that much.
.View attachment 43580

Also busted a box of Royals Football retail for 40 bucks and hit a pink numbered card. They are numbered to 10.View attachment 43581
The rest of the 4 pack break is over in the box breaks.

I should be getting my cases today.
Topps high Tek and Topps inception baseball too.
Going to see if the luck continues for sure lol

There is still tons of Dawson cards I don't have, I'm currently only around 63% on my Dawson checklist and that includes some post cards and cameos, I'm going to go in and clean that up this weekend and get everything separated, but still lots of Dawson cards out there that I need.

Can't wait to see that Tek! Man those cards are beautiful!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning. Had a fun evening last night decorating a Christmas with my sons' Cub Scout Pack. Our theme was "Cub Scouts Always Lend a Hand." The boys made mitten ornaments at a den meeting, and collected real gloves and mittens to donate to the Illinois Governor's "Keep Kids Safe and Warm" program. The tree is also on display at our town's Municipal building and people vote on their favorite tree by putting change in a box by the tree, and that money goes to the local food pantry. So two good deeds done! Ours might not be the most professional looking tree - but the kids did it all themselves.

10407185_10205588583733076_1698616381256519030_n.jpg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Got to get going to the dentist
I couldnt resist open a couple of boxes of the Inception Baseball
Case is dead now
I got a card numbered to5in the first one of someone from the Indians? not home to remember who it was prospect and hit a Javier Baiz/99 and a Jorge Solar base back to back in that box :p

More to come later

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning. Had a fun evening last night decorating a Christmas with my sons' Cub Scout Pack. Our theme was "Cub Scouts Always Lend a Hand." The boys made mitten ornaments at a den meeting, and collected real gloves and mittens to donate to the Illinois Governor's "Keep Kids Safe and Warm" program. The tree is also on display at our town's Municipal building and people vote on their favorite tree by putting change in a box by the tree, and that money goes to the local food pantry. So two good deeds done! Ours might not be the most professional looking tree - but the kids did it all themselves.

10407185_10205588583733076_1698616381256519030_n.jpg

Very cool

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Got to get going to the dentist
I couldnt resist open a couple of boxes of the Inception Baseball
Case is dead now
I got a card numbered to5in the first one of someone from the Indians? not home to remember who it was prospect and hit a Javier Baiz/99 and a Jorge Solar base back to back in that box :p

More to come later

Oh, my future star Cubbies

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning all. One class this afternoon and then its a three day weekend. Even though I have the long weekend, it will be full of doing homework and going out of town tomorrow. My mom and sister want to go Christmas shopping, and since I'm on the way I figured I might as well tag along.
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] Some great looking Dawson cards being posted today Dustin! [MENTION=3132]Pine Tar[/MENTION] was it Francisco Lindor that you hit from the Indians? Either way, I'm jealous that you get to break all of that today :lol: [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] Looks like the kids had a lot of fun with the tree! It makes me miss living up in Pierre, SD. They always had business, groups, and organizations from the city and around the state decorate trees in the capital building. When I was little I hated going since it seemed like we were there forever, but after not being there for 5-6 Christmases, I realize how much I miss it

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Good morning guys. Jen took Alie to school after a little begging from me, which allowed Avery to sleep in. Technically, i should have been able to sleep in too, but once i was awake my mind was racing and i couldnt get back to sleep.

Avery woke up as they were leaving, so instead of racing to get her dressed and out the door, we are chilling and im on here while shes next to me playing lego star wars. She doesnt really know what shes doing (cuz shes three), but shes enjoying herself.

im thinking of hitting the thrift stores later. Its been a while, and i gotta find out when the next dollar tshirt day is.

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
G'morning fellas. Would've posted earlier, but took a couple hours to scroll through Dustin's scans. Just kidding Dustin. Have a stomach bug, and off work, so slept in. Big PC card arriving today. Excited to get it. Outside of that, not much going on. Going to sort some cards today. Try to clear some lowend autos out. Mostly of the prospect variety. Will try them on a thread here, before I take them elsewhere.

Hope y'all have a great day.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Afternoon all, my parents are here putting the finishing touches on the paint in the baby's room, and I'm cleaning/organizing my garage...actually having more fun than it sounds

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1417799342.327016.jpg

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS
I think it is time to bust out photoshop and try to replace images in my banner. No need for Butler in there anymore, and I have some nice stuff to replace blah stuff.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I think it is time to bust out photoshop and try to replace images in my banner. No need for Butler in there anymore, and I have some nice stuff to replace blah stuff.

I think that a booklet card of somebody would look great in the middle ;)

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Good morning all. One class this afternoon and then its a three day weekend. Even though I have the long weekend, it will be full of doing homework and going out of town tomorrow. My mom and sister want to go Christmas shopping, and since I'm on the way I figured I might as well tag along.
[MENTION=10405]Hawk8[/MENTION] Some great looking Dawson cards being posted today Dustin! [MENTION=3132]Pine Tar[/MENTION] was it Francisco Lindor that you hit from the Indians? Either way, I'm jealous that you get to break all of that today :lol: [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION] Looks like the kids had a lot of fun with the tree! It makes me miss living up in Pierre, SD. They always had business, groups, and organizations from the city and around the state decorate trees in the capital building. When I was little I hated going since it seemed like we were there forever, but after not being there for 5-6 Christmases, I realize how much I miss it

While you are shopping be sure to hit up a LCS.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
G'morning fellas. Would've posted earlier, but took a couple hours to scroll through Dustin's scans. Just kidding Dustin. Have a stomach bug, and off work, so slept in. Big PC card arriving today. Excited to get it. Outside of that, not much going on. Going to sort some cards today. Try to clear some lowend autos out. Mostly of the prospect variety. Will try them on a thread here, before I take them elsewhere.

Hope y'all have a great day.

It takes me awhile to look at all of those beautiful Dawson cards also lol. We need a scan of the booklet and the new PC Card!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Original artwork by noted author and sports cartoonist Murray Olderman, from the 1960's. His syndicated column ran in over 750 newspapers, and his artwork hung above the busts of all the inductees of the NFL HOF. A giant in the world of sports journalism. Bought this 6"x8" drawing for my Don Zimmer collection. Would love to know when and where it was published (probably 1962 or 1965). Murray is now 92 years old.

http://www.mediabistro.com/So-What-...-Sports-Journalist-and-Cartoonist-a12102.html

$(KGrHqNHJBkE+OMofz8PBPz2d7o(LQ~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Original artwork by noted author and sports cartoonist Murray Olderman, from the 1960's. His syndicated column ran in over 750 newspapers, and his artwork hung above the busts of all the inductees of the NFL HOF. A giant in the world of sports journalism. Bought this 6"x8" drawing for my Don Zimmer collection. Would love to know when and where it was published (probably 1962 or 1965). Murray is now 92 years old.

http://www.mediabistro.com/So-What-...-Sports-Journalist-and-Cartoonist-a12102.html

$(KGrHqNHJBkE+OMofz8PBPz2d7o(LQ~~60_57.JPG

Very cool, let us know if you find out when it was published. I have been picking up some Zimmer cards lately for my Dawson mention collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts