Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Funny ebay story (kind of long)

should I remove the neg feedback

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
***edited to correct dates***

Poll added I will do whatever the poll results say to do

So about 45 days ago I won a coin, (I know it's not a baseball card but I thought it's a funny story) for $3.25 plus $3.00 shipping. It's coming from Canada and with there strike I knew it might take a while so I wait a couple of weeks and then write the seller. He says he mailed it and to be patient. Ok no problem, I wait 30 + days and then write again saying if I don't receive the coin by July. 6th I'm opening a case with the resolution center. He says ok you'll get your coin I mailed it. Aug 6th comes and still no coin so on July 8 I open a case. He provides a tracking number of "Hey I mailed your card" for evidence of mailing it, so of course ebay finds in my favor. I figure the case is closed so I leave negative feedback and get this e-mail:

Why did you left a negative feedback to me ???? I told you that I mailed your item on June 9th 2011. The post office in Canada went on strike !!! Is this my fault !!!! I always answered you !!! The post office is working now but there is a lot of mail that has to be deliver. It will take time. I did not received any mail since the post office resume it work. I am sure that you are going to received your coin !!!! Why you left me this negative feedback ? do you think I wanted to steal 2 dollars from you ???? come on sir. I have 9500 positive feedbacks. If I tell you I mailed the coin is because I mailed !!!! and if for any reason your coin was lost I will have sent a full refund to you. I think it is not just what you did and I let you know. I am very frustated with the situation. I hope that if you receive the coin you will be honest enough to call Ebay and tell them to remove this negative feedback. You can keep the coin and the money. I give more than 5$ a day to charities !!!

So this was my response:

I left negative feedback because it is 42 days since I paid and I have not received the coin, and you did not offer a refund. I believe I have been very patient, I wrote you and said that I was going to open a case with ebay, the resolution center found in my favor and issued a refund. So I left the feedback I felt was appropriate for the transaction. I don't believe you are trying to steal from me and I am not trying to steal from you or tarnish your reputation but this was a negative transaction for me. I had to write multiple times, wait 30 days, then file a dispute with ebay then I had to follow up with ebay to get my money back, plus I did not receive an item that I would like to have. That is exactly how I would describe a negative transaction. If I receive the coin I will pay you for it but I still feel this is a negative transaction and my feedback will stand. Providing better customer service and quicker/better resolutions for your customers will ensure that you do not receive any more negative feedbacks in the future. Thank you for supporting charities of your choice with more than $5.00 a day, that is very kind of you.

Anyway I thought it was funny that this guy could lose a case in the resolution center, not deliver merchandise, and expect to get a positive feedback out of the whole situation. Plus he feels the need to share that he donates to charity, that was the icing on the cake. I mean seriously what was I supposed to do lol.

Voices

Feb 5, 2011
You knew it was gonna take awhile with the strike and you leave negative feedback.I don't see anyway how it was his fault.He said he mailed it, you should have been more patient.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I think that with the situation with the Canadian Post, you shouldn't have given him any feedback.

Yes, this was a "negative" experience for you, but the strike started RIGHT AROUND the time you won the auction.

Did you ask the seller "Please refund my money?" or did you just file a claim?

I just feel this could have been handled a little different.

Just my opinion.

Superhuskiefan1

Jan 26, 2010
UW Huskies
tonsofcommons said:
I think that with the situation with the Canadian Post, you shouldn't have given him any feedback.

Yes, this was a "negative" experience for you, but the strike started RIGHT AROUND the time you won the auction.

Just my opinion.
I agree with this as well

mlbfan10

Feb 1, 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
If you get the coin why would the feedback still stand? If I end gettin what I ordered I would change the feedback back to positive. Do you sell? If not guess you don't understand how easy one can have selling privileges taken away.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
Superhuskiefan1 said:
tonsofcommons said:

Just my opinion.
I agree with this as well

same here. they were on strike for two or three weeks. it takes two or three weeks to get things across the border to begin with. that's 4 to 6 weeks of waiting plus it would take them a few days to catch back up after the strike. the OP is 100% in the wrong.

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
You obviously have never dealt with Canadian post. I sent a card to Canada in May and it just got there a week or so ago. I definitely would not have left him and negative feedback, if anything I would've asked for a refund or waited.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
I'd side with the seller here. He has NO control of the Canada Strike and no control over the delay. I would have told him, "If the coin doesnt come by X date, I will email you back. I will give you 48 hours to refund my money or I will have to leave negative feedback."

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
I agree with everyone else, money back but the feedback was a low blow. Was there a chance he didn't send it? Probably, but if he did then it was clearly not his fault with the strike. I had/have 2-4 packages stuck up there right now, if there is any issues I will gladly refund the money but I have receipts and everything that have the dates I sent so I hope I don't run into a ******* like you and get a negative feedback for doing all that I could.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I think I am clear on this, but lets see:
You buy an item from Canada and you know that the PO is on strike
You contact the seller twice from what I can tell in your post and he responds both times
Tracking from Canada to the US is not like from the US to US, if you wanted tracking on a $3.25, it would be significantly higher than the $3 you paid
You never requested a refund
As a seller I wouldnt have offered one either when I know the PO is/was on strike, so your item is in limbo
You state you havent received the item that you would like too, ummm...thats because it is still in transit
You state "Providing better customer service and quicker/better resolutions for your customers" what the **** do you want the seller to do? Hand ******* deliver the coin cause the PO is on strike? Unreal

You are the reason that eBay needs to reinstate the ability for sellers to leave negatives for ********* buyers like yourself!!!

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Not really funny, at all, but certainly pretty lame on your part. You knew there was a strike, should have known that it takes awhile anyway to get mail that is sent from Canada, get a refund, and leave negative? Pretty weak.

Not that it's THAT huge of a deal at this point, but you tacked on about a week and a half from when the auction ended as well, which was June 6th. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0570893596

In any event, I see that you sell as well which makes it seem all the more lame on your part. Eh, I'll just put you on my blocked bidder list too. May as well.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
Thats a terrible story, not funny at all. Its buyers like the op, who leave unwarranted negatives and laugh/ brag about it on message boards, who make sellers miserable on ebay.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
I am from Canada and I also sell on ebay. Obviously, most of the items I sent out in June and July have been delayed because of the lockout. Fortunately, most buyers have understood the situation, which returns to normal step.

A buyer was not indulgent, and he did the same thing as you did even though I asked to be patient because the item is going to show up one day or another. All of this for a mere $5...

I think my buyer in question is stupid, and I think the same about you. You have to be a ***** to ruin the reputation of a person for $6.25.

Oh and by the way the only way to track an item between our countries is using Registeered Mail or Xpresspost and it costs over $10.

I'm still wondering what's funny on that story... what a punk. You should go right away in the Wall of Shame with this post.

jeff_bichel

Nov 4, 2010
Houston, Texas
Please, what is your ebay name. I want to add you to my blocked list. What a jerk. Wow.
Do the right thing here. Change the feedback immediately. Did you know that just a few of those can get a seller blocked? And with 9500 feedback,
he is a big time seller and maybe he may be trying hard just to feed his family. Have a heart - CHANGE THE FEEDBACK!!!!!

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
jeff_bichel said:
Please, what is your ebay name. I want to add you to my blocked list. What a jerk. Wow.
Do the right thing here. Change the feedback immediately. Did you know that just a few of those can get a seller blocked? And with 9500 feedback,
he is a big time seller and maybe he may be trying hard just to feed his family. Have a heart - CHANGE THE FEEDBACK!!!!!

It's the same as his username here.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... tForOthers

Superhuskiefan1

Jan 26, 2010
UW Huskies
RiceLynnEvans75 said:
jeff_bichel said:

It's the same as his username here.
Yep mmier118

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
Musial Collector said:
I think I am clear on this, but lets see:
You buy an item from Canada and you know that the PO is on strike
You contact the seller twice from what I can tell in your post and he responds both times
Tracking from Canada to the US is not like from the US to US, if you wanted tracking on a $3.25, it would be significantly higher than the $3 you paid
You never requested a refund
As a seller I wouldnt have offered one either when I know the PO is/was on strike, so your item is in limbo
You state you havent received the item that you would like too, ummm...thats because it is still in transit
You state "Providing better customer service and quicker/better resolutions for your customers" what the **** do you want the seller to do? Hand ******* deliver the coin cause the PO is on strike? Unreal

You are the reason that eBay needs to reinstate the ability for sellers to leave negatives for ********* buyers like yourself!!!

Agree 100%.

To the OP, real ****** move.

Members online