Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants actively shopping Cain for a bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
ryanhoward06 said:
JoshB. said:
ryanhoward06 said:
I'm hoping for a three way deal with the Nationals. The Giants like Nick Johnson a lot so they could trade him for Cain then the Phils trade an assortment of prospects and a reliever or two(Taschner, maybe even Park) for Cain.

There's no way the Giants would trade Matt Cain for Nick Johnson. Not even close...

Per MLBtraderumor-

"The Giants G.M. is seeking a bat with Nick Johnson atop his list"

Doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be willing to trade Cain for Johnson straight up.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
There is no way that Sabean is stupid enough to trade Cain for Nick Johnson straight up. Yes Sabean has made some questionable trades the last few years (Nathan and Lariano for AJ come to mind) but please. If they want Johnson that bad then offer Sanchez. He's at least a No. 3 SP on that rotation.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
hive17 said:
Prince for Cain. I might even say Prince and an outfield prospect (Cole Gillespie/Lorenzo Cain/Logan Schafer) for Cain.

I would love that trade also. You guys need Starting Pitchers worse than we need a bat. I would love Prince and Gillespie. Is Gillespie fast enough though to cover ground at Pac Bell Park?

that's why I brought up LoCain and Schafer. Mike Brantley would have been ideal. Besides, the Giants already have one of the fastest guys in the minors and they got him from us for Ray (I'm speaking of Darren Ford).

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
kdailey4315 said:
There is no way that Sabean is stupid enough to trade Cain for Nick Johnson straight up. Yes Sabean has made some questionable trades the last few years (Nathan and Lariano for AJ come to mind) but please. If they want Johnson that bad then offer Sanchez. He's at least a No. 3 SP on that rotation.

You're underestimating Saben. He'll probably give up Cain and another player for Johnson.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
JVC said:
ryanhoward06 said:
JoshB. said:
ryanhoward06 said:
I'm hoping for a three way deal with the Nationals. The Giants like Nick Johnson a lot so they could trade him for Cain then the Phils trade an assortment of prospects and a reliever or two(Taschner, maybe even Park) for Cain.

There's no way the Giants would trade Matt Cain for Nick Johnson. Not even close...

Per MLBtraderumor-

Doesn't necessarily mean that they'd be willing to trade Cain for Johnson straight up.

Of course not. I should have clarified.

I think the Phillies will be after him hard, but they don't have what they are looking for so they might try a three way trade.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
ryanhoward06 said:
JVC said:
ryanhoward06 said:
JoshB. said:
ryanhoward06 said:

Per MLBtraderumor-

Of course not. I should have clarified.

I think the Phillies will be after him hard, but they don't have what they are looking for so they might try a three way trade.

What are you talking about. Howard for Cain is fair IMO. :D I can watch Howard put them in the bay all day long and the strike out 200 times.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
vetsgt02 said:
kdailey4315 said:
vetsgt02 said:
you can have Manny :)

we already have a left fielder that can't catch a fly ball. No thanks.

LOL just trying to help a brother out :)

Thanks :lol: The only thing worse than Manny trying to play LF is playing LF at Pac Bell Park. I can just imagine him trying to run down a gapper if the CF is shaded towards RF. That would be funny.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
ryanhoward06 said:
JoshB. said:
ryanhoward06 said:

Per MLBtraderumor-

Nick Johnson is on everyones list. Last I heard the sox landing him for Delcarman.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
If the Yankees are even going to be mentioned in this trade it would have to involve a current bat Swisher/Matsui and a top tier prospect bat Montero/Jackson etc to land Cain. Personally I think Jackson is overrated and would love to see Swisher/Matsui and Jackson for Cain

southeastjerome

Aug 8, 2008
Just off the top of my head what about

Cain for Gordon Beckham after they just missed out on peavy.

Or

Cain for Dom Brown and Michael Taylor

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
thenumberonemetfan said:
bigalexx said:
To the Mets for Beltran?

That lineup without Beltran isnt a major league lineup.

FMart plus another bat for Cain maybe(hopefully).

It's barely one WITH Mr Softie in it.

i realize that he's your man crush, but he'll be better off when he leaves NYC

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
I do not see the Giants trading Cain away for minor league bats...The way he's pitching he better be in some package with a player like beltran or fielder coming in...

Members online