Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Giants actively shopping Cain for a bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miles.ngo

Aug 17, 2008
blitzerlover said:
I want the Braves to go after Holliday.

I've heard that a lot as an A's fan...but I keep hearing that Heyward, Freeman, Hanson, and Schafer are all unavailable if we were to move Holliday to you guys. So I have no idea how a deal would get put into place; Beane gave up a top prospect in Carlos Gonzalez, and I'm sure he'd want to get a top prospect in return.

Reyes7tulo2

Aug 8, 2008
aw00d05 said:
RANGERS25 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
bigalexx said:
To the Mets for Beltran?

That lineup without Beltran isnt a major league lineup.

FMart plus another bat for Cain maybe(hopefully).
I would like to see jon daniels and the rangers pull the trigger ob this one and put the KID (holland) back in the bullpen until next year. Next year, padilla or millwood is gone with the big contract, and i think that the rangers have plenty of bats to spare.
I say Davis, Blalock and Murphy for Cain, like you said Millwood and Padilla will be FA's, I think we'll sign Millwood, and next year we'll have Holland and Feliz in the rotation and if Feldman, Harrison and Mccarthy pitch like they have we'll be well off.

Davis, Blalock, AND Murphy just for Cain? Wow...

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
reyes7castillo1 said:
aw00d05 said:
RANGERS25 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
bigalexx said:
To the Mets for Beltran?

That lineup without Beltran isnt a major league lineup.

FMart plus another bat for Cain maybe(hopefully).
I would like to see jon daniels and the rangers pull the trigger ob this one and put the KID (holland) back in the bullpen until next year. Next year, padilla or millwood is gone with the big contract, and i think that the rangers have plenty of bats to spare.
I say Davis, Blalock and Murphy for Cain, like you said Millwood and Padilla will be FA's, I think we'll sign Millwood, and next year we'll have Holland and Feliz in the rotation and if Feldman, Harrison and Mccarthy pitch like they have we'll be well off.

Davis, Blalock, AND Murphy just for Cain? Wow...
Cain is better than anything they have now, and Davis is just a liability and I've never liked Blalock or Murphy, bats are not an issue, we have 6 regular outfielders and Smoak will just take Davis' spot at first next year and Blalock just DH's but can play third for SF.

johnny rook

Aug 10, 2008
CA
blitzerlover and hive17 - Thanked for posting the link to SFGate.com
But the fact is, he [Andrew Baggerly] wrote a rather jarring paragraph that said the Giants are dangling Matt Cain to other teams to gauge his trade value. I ran that by a very high-level source with the Giants, and he said, "Absolutely false."

And this quote was from July of last season.
We keep hearing people speculate about the Giants trading Matt Cain. But we can't find a team that has gotten anywhere in its attempts to even get the Giants to discuss him. "I don't know who got that rumor rolling," said an official of one club. "But they told us, emphatically, no."

So everyone exclude Matt Cain from your mind when you rosterbate.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Jurgy25 said:
I'm surprised that the Giants said they aren't even interested in Matt Holliday. Who cares if he is having a slow start. Everybody knows what he can do, and in that lineup, it's not hard to have a tough time hitting.

Also I'm not sure on the value/contract on Adam Dunn, but I wouldn't mind seeing him in Giants orange. Him and Ishikawa both strike out every 3 ab's. So it's not like we are getting power for K's, with Ishikawa we are getting K's with no contact. Man I would love seeing Dunn get them splash hits too!

Dunn signed a 2 yr/$20 M deal earlier this year, but not sure if he would be available. Thoughts?

Eric
Why would we trade cain for dunn if we had a chance of getting him in the FA? Cain is way to valuable and a team favorite to be let go for dunn.

Members online

Latest posts