Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANTS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
dutchj16 said:
Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

He's figured it out again. Cain has been more consistent and better this year, but I'd still say Lincecum is their 2nd best pitcher this year.

Who has figured it out again? Lincecum? Can't really agree with this either, his fastball command is been appalling and he leaves that changeup up a lot as well. Watching the Diamondbacks game, I was disgusted by the inability of hitters to hit him. I mean he leaves 91 up and struck out Laroche on an 0-2 changeup middle up. Yet, people still think he is absolutely amazing.

Please look at the numbers, sub 2.00 ERA in September and a 5-1 record plus averaging 8-10K's a game, what would it take to be turned around a couple of no-hitters and throwing 105 mph?

I'm sorry but you are still missing my point. Lincecum has gotten away with leaving his now barely above average fastball up in the zone. I mean, his fastball lacks any movement. Furthermore, he leaves both his changeup and curveball up in the zone, but he hasn't gotten hit lately and it bewilders me. Also for his September starts, he has faced the Diamonbacks twice so does that really count? Also, would like to point out that Kershaw is better than any Giants pitcher, agreed?

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
dutchj16 said:
Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

He's figured it out again. Cain has been more consistent and better this year, but I'd still say Lincecum is their 2nd best pitcher this year.

Who has figured it out again? Lincecum? Can't really agree with this either, his fastball command is been appalling and he leaves that changeup up a lot as well. Watching the Diamondbacks game, I was disgusted by the inability of hitters to hit him. I mean he leaves 91 up and struck out Laroche on an 0-2 changeup middle up. Yet, people still think he is absolutely amazing.

Please look at the numbers, sub 2.00 ERA in September and a 5-1 record plus averaging 8-10K's a game, what would it take to be turned around a couple of no-hitters and throwing 105 mph?

I'm sorry but you are still missing my point. Lincecum has gotten away with leaving his now barely above average fastball up in the zone. I mean, his fastball lacks any movement. Furthermore, he leaves both his changeup and curveball up in the zone, but he hasn't gotten hit lately and it bewilders me. Also for his September starts, he has faced the Diamonbacks twice so does that really count? Also, would like to point out that Kershaw is better than any Giants pitcher, agreed?

I guess you have only seen this game...also Kershaw being better than any Giants pitcher is laughable. Has Kershaw won 2 Cy Youngs? Lead the NL in strikeouts 3 years in a row? I think not! Plus how many ASGs has Kershaw been in? Cain would also dominate Kershaw.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
dutchj16 said:

So embarassing the Rockies in Colorado means nothing? Tulo was hitting everything in site yet Lincecum just "gets away" with leaving stuff up so Tulo couldn't hit anything off him? You're high if you think Kershaw is better than Cain and Lincecum.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
[quote="dutchj16":1077v8s4]Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

I guess you have only seen this game...also Kershaw being better than any Giants pitcher is laughable. Has Kershaw won 2 Cy Youngs? Lead the NL in strikeouts 3 years in a row? I think not! Plus how many ASGs has Kershaw been in? Cain would also dominate Kershaw.[/quote:1077v8s4]

Kershaw leads Cain in strikeouts and ERA. Kershaw leads Lincecum in ERA by half a run and is not that far behind in strikeouts. So we are basing past performance in deciding who is better now this year? I mean I'm sorry but Lincecum has obviously regressed so you cannot use his past performance to indicate his superiority. Also, when does ASGs decided a players worth? We both know fans just vote in their favorite players as evident with Griffey's nod a few years back.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
lisu said:
[quote="dutchj16":n1ptukcv]Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

So embarassing the Rockies in Colorado means nothing? Tulo was hitting everything in site yet Lincecum just "gets away" with leaving stuff up so Tulo couldn't hit anything off him? You're high if you think Kershaw is better than Cain and Lincecum.[/quote:n1ptukcv]

If you have any knowledge of baseball and have a tiny sense of impartiality, you know Lincecum has been getting away with stuff as of late. Furthermore, Tulo has only one dinger in his last ten games including the Giants series so I wouldn't say Tulo was still as hot as we was. And no I'm not high, just tired.

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
[quote="lisu":163xkvw1][quote="dutchj16":163xkvw1]Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

I guess you have only seen this game...also Kershaw being better than any Giants pitcher is laughable. Has Kershaw won 2 Cy Youngs? Lead the NL in strikeouts 3 years in a row? I think not! Plus how many ASGs has Kershaw been in? Cain would also dominate Kershaw.[/quote:163xkvw1]

Kershaw leads Cain in strikeouts and ERA. Kershaw leads Lincecum in ERA by half a run and is not that far behind in strikeouts. So we are basing past performance in deciding who is better now this year? I mean I'm sorry but Lincecum has obviously regressed so you cannot use his past performance to indicate his superiority. Also, when does ASGs decided a players worth? We both know fans just vote in their favorite players as evident with Griffey's nod a few years back.[/quote:163xkvw1]
Head to head Licnecum and Cain will beat Kershaw. You just said Kershaw is better than any Giants pitcher, you never said this year.

If you have any knowledge of baseball and have a tiny sense of impartiality, you know Lincecum has been getting away with stuff as of late. Furthermore, Tulo has only one dinger in his last ten games including the Giants series so I wouldn't say Tulo was still as hot as we was. And no I'm not high, just tired.
Hahahaha, Tulo was on a complete tear at that time. Lincecum cooled him off.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009

It's no use haters gonna hate. It's ok though he'll be watching the playoffs from the same place as Kershaw: His couch.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
[quote="dutchj16":13sifymo][quote="lisu":13sifymo][quote="dutchj16":13sifymo]Can't say I'm too pleased about that. Just one small criticism about the Giants, it really bothers me that everyone still refers to Lincecum as the ace when he has been there third or fourth best pitcher this year.

I guess you have only seen this game...also Kershaw being better than any Giants pitcher is laughable. Has Kershaw won 2 Cy Youngs? Lead the NL in strikeouts 3 years in a row? I think not! Plus how many ASGs has Kershaw been in? Cain would also dominate Kershaw.[/quote:13sifymo]

Kershaw leads Cain in strikeouts and ERA. Kershaw leads Lincecum in ERA by half a run and is not that far behind in strikeouts. So we are basing past performance in deciding who is better now this year? I mean I'm sorry but Lincecum has obviously regressed so you cannot use his past performance to indicate his superiority. Also, when does ASGs decided a players worth? We both know fans just vote in their favorite players as evident with Griffey's nod a few years back.[/quote:13sifymo]
Head to head Licnecum and Cain will beat Kershaw. You just said Kershaw is better than any Giants pitcher, you never said this year.

Hahahaha, Tulo was on a complete tear at that time. Lincecum cooled him off.[/quote:13sifymo]

So you agree Kershaw has been better than both this year? Also, I stand by that Kershaw will better than either ones for the next 10 years. If my may add, Kershaw is 22 and in his first two full seasons (this year being his second) he has had an ERA under 3.00. Finally, the Giants series was in the middle of that 10 game stretch so Tulo hadn't homered for at least 5 or 7 games so can't really say Lincecum cooled him off.

Jan 15, 2009
kdailey4315 said:

It's no use haters gonna hate. It's ok though he'll be watching the playoffs from the same place as Kershaw: His couch.
Hahah sooo true, just like schmidtfan20 don't know what is going on in their heads.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
kdailey4315 said:

Do you realize that even if your team does well, that doesn't reflect at all on you? I'm tired of people like you living their fantasies through baseball teams and then using that team's success to feel superior over other people. You are not or never will be a member of the Giants, sorry.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:

Do you realize that even if your team does well, that doesn't reflect at all on you? I'm tired of people like you living their fantasies through baseball teams and then using that team's success to feel superior over other people. You are not or never will be a member of the Giants, sorry.

I realized when I was 12 years old I wouldn't play for the Giants. Just admit it. You don't like the Giants or Lincecum.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:

I realized when I was 12 years old I wouldn't play for the Giants. Just admit it. You don't like the Giants or Lincecum.

That's good for you, good to realize your limits when you are young. I admit it, I do not like the Giants because of fans like you guys who are so biased and impartial, that you cannot even admit when your "ace" is not as talented as he used to be.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
dutchj16 said:
That's good for you, good to realize your limits when you are young. I admit it, I do not like the Giants because of fans like you guys who are so biased and impartial, that you cannot even admit when your "ace" is not as talented as he used to be.

No one is saying he is as good as last year. He's not winning the Cy Young so it's pretty obvious. We're saying that he clearly has regained what he lost in August. You on the other hand have just resorted to name calling like a school child.

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:

Oh, ok so an athlete isn't allowed to have a bad "year" or month? If that is the truth then all star players must suck since everyone has a bad month or bad year. Look at Roy Halladay's 2007 season.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:

No one is saying he is as good as last year. He's not winning the Cy Young so it's pretty obvious. We're saying that he clearly has regained what he lost in August. You on the other hand have just resorted to name calling like a school child.

So using adjectives like biased and partial to describe an annoying group of fans is equivalent of name calling? Wow, you must have been quite the tattle-tale as a 12 year old if you consider that name calling. You miss my point which is that it seems that Lincecum is the exact same pitcher as in August, just getting away with pitches against worst teams. If you disagree, fine, just don't attack my view as I promise I am not alone with that view.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="GiantsSuperCollector":38mxw2gv]

Oh, ok so an athlete isn't allowed to have a bad "year" or month? If that is the truth then all star players must suck since everyone has a bad month or bad year. Look at Roy Halladay's 2007 season.[/quote:38mxw2gv]

First off, there is a huge difference between a bad "year" and a bad month. Second of all, Lincecum's velocity has dropped quite a bit. No longer does his fastball sit at 94, its now 91 or so and I have seen it at 87 quite a bit in the last month or two.

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
[quote="kdailey4315":spxm68nw][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":spxm68nw]

Oh, ok so an athlete isn't allowed to have a bad "year" or month? If that is the truth then all star players must suck since everyone has a bad month or bad year. Look at Roy Halladay's 2007 season.[/quote:spxm68nw]

First off, there is a huge difference between a bad "year" and a bad month. Second of all, Lincecum's velocity has dropped quite a bit. No longer does his fastball sit at 94, its now 91 or so and I have seen it at 87 quite a bit in the last month or two.[/quote:spxm68nw]
Ummm what are you watching? It has been sitting within 91-94 consistently in September. Plus Oswalt said that it was just a conditioning problem

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:

of pitching

Sorry, so the rest of the league is just letting Lincecum strike them out and win games, part of pitching is getting guys out when you're not at your best. Ball up in the zone and no one hits it, pitchers are still great because no one hits it, that's the game to get guys out.

Did Kershaw win a CY Young in his first two full seasons? No he lost out to Lincecum, so until he reaches that level of play he cannot be considered better than Lincecum. What is Kershaw's best month this season? Is it close to Lincecum's September? Ball up, slower pitches or not Lincecum is doing what an ACE does, gets outs, wins games and sends his team to the playoffs.......

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
dutchj16 said:
So using adjectives like biased and partial to describe an annoying group of fans is equivalent of name calling? Wow, you must have been quite the tattle-tale as a 12 year old if you consider that name calling. You miss my point which is that it seems that Lincecum is the exact same pitcher as in August, just getting away with pitches against worst teams. If you disagree, fine, just don't attack my view as I promise I am not alone with that view.

An annoying group of fans? Upset Dodger fan? Too bad Torre and the Manny experiment didn't work out, should have spent that divorce money on a pitching staff and competed this year.

Members online

Latest posts