Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

GIANTS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
GiantsSuperCollector said:
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="dutchj16":33ue5ayg][quote="kdailey4315":33ue5ayg][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":33ue5ayg]
Hahahaha, Tulo was on a complete tear at that time. Lincecum cooled him off.

It's no use haters gonna hate. It's ok though he'll be watching the playoffs from the same place as Kershaw: His couch.

Do you realize that even if your team does well, that doesn't reflect at all on you? I'm tired of people like you living their fantasies through baseball teams and then using that team's success to feel superior over other people. You are not or never will be a member of the Giants, sorry.

I realized when I was 12 years old I wouldn't play for the Giants. Just admit it. You don't like the Giants or Lincecum.

That's good for you, good to realize your limits when you are young. I admit it, I do not like the Giants because of fans like you guys who are so biased and impartial, that you cannot even admit when your "ace" is not as talented as he used to be.
Oh, ok so an athlete isn't allowed to have a bad "year" or month? If that is the truth then all star players must suck since everyone has a bad month or bad year. Look at Roy Halladay's 2007 season.[/quote:33ue5ayg]

First off, there is a huge difference between a bad "year" and a bad month. Second of all, Lincecum's velocity has dropped quite a bit. No longer does his fastball sit at 94, its now 91 or so and I have seen it at 87 quite a bit in the last month or two.[/quote:33ue5ayg]
Ummm what are you watching? It has been sitting within 91-94 consistently in September. Plus Oswalt said that it was just a conditioning problem[/quote:33ue5ayg]

Baseball, are you saying he hasn't been at 88 or so at all in the last two months?

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
So using adjectives like biased and partial to describe an annoying group of fans is equivalent of name calling? Wow, you must have been quite the tattle-tale as a 12 year old if you consider that name calling. You miss my point which is that it seems that Lincecum is the exact same pitcher as in August, just getting away with pitches against worst teams. If you disagree, fine, just don't attack my view as I promise I am not alone with that view.

An annoying group of fans? Upset Dodger fan? Too bad Torre and the Manny experiment didn't work out, should have spent that divorce money on a pitching staff and competed this year.

I'm not a Dodgers fan either, Phillies fan to be exact. Real mature response though, sort of proved my point.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="GiantsSuperCollector":1b40iha2]

It's no use haters gonna hate. It's ok though he'll be watching the playoffs from the same place as Kershaw: His couch.

Do you realize that even if your team does well, that doesn't reflect at all on you? I'm tired of people like you living their fantasies through baseball teams and then using that team's success to feel superior over other people. You are not or never will be a member of the Giants, sorry.

I realized when I was 12 years old I wouldn't play for the Giants. Just admit it. You don't like the Giants or Lincecum.
of pitching

That's good for you, good to realize your limits when you are young. I admit it, I do not like the Giants because of fans like you guys who are so biased and impartial, that you cannot even admit when your "ace" is not as talented as he used to be.

Sorry, so the rest of the league is just letting Lincecum strike them out and win games, part of pitching is getting guys out when you're not at your best. Ball up in the zone and no one hits it, pitchers are still great because no one hits it, that's the game to get guys out.

Did Kershaw win a CY Young in his first two full seasons? No he lost out to Lincecum, so until he reaches that level of play he cannot be considered better than Lincecum. What is Kershaw's best month this season? Is it close to Lincecum's September? Ball up, slower pitches or not Lincecum is doing what an ACE does, gets outs, wins games and sends his team to the playoffs.......[/quote:1b40iha2]

So with that knowledge, Lincecum is better than Felix because Felix doesn't have a CY young? Also, Felix isn't an ace because he doesn't win games and he doesn't get his team to the playoffs?

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?conte ... 0&c_id=mlb[/url]

His fastball was 91 on the one fastball he saw.

http://www.fangraphs.com/pitchfx.aspx?p ... position=P

Fasball velocity average is 91 this year, not 88.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:

Fasball velocity average is 91 this year, not 88.[/quote:38di0418]

If you read what I posted, I said his fastball is at 91 or so. Thank you for putting in the work to prove my point which is that his average fastball velocity seems down from the last of couple years.

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
[quote="kdailey4315":fn2pmt73][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":fn2pmt73]

of pitching

Sorry, so the rest of the league is just letting Lincecum strike them out and win games, part of pitching is getting guys out when you're not at your best. Ball up in the zone and no one hits it, pitchers are still great because no one hits it, that's the game to get guys out.

Did Kershaw win a CY Young in his first two full seasons? No he lost out to Lincecum, so until he reaches that level of play he cannot be considered better than Lincecum. What is Kershaw's best month this season? Is it close to Lincecum's September? Ball up, slower pitches or not Lincecum is doing what an ACE does, gets outs, wins games and sends his team to the playoffs.......[/quote:fn2pmt73]

So with that knowledge, Lincecum is better than Felix because Felix doesn't have a CY young? Also, Felix isn't an ace because he doesn't win games and he doesn't get his team to the playoffs?[/quote:fn2pmt73]
Maybe not this year, but for the past few years Lincecum has been better. Also, Felix couldn't pitch his team into the playoffs because they suck the Dodgers were supposed to be good until Torre screwed up, same with Manny and you needed to have a divorce.

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:
dutchj16 said:

Fasball velocity average is 91 this year, not 88.[/quote:2dvrxf95]

If you read what I posted, I said his fastball is at 91 or so. Thank you for putting in the work to prove my point which is that his average fastball velocity seems down from the last of couple years.[/quote:2dvrxf95]
All it is, is conditioning; Oswalt said it as well

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
[quote="kdailey4315":eek:642gvi1][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":eek:642gvi1]

of pitching

Did Kershaw win a CY Young in his first two full seasons? No he lost out to Lincecum, so until he reaches that level of play he cannot be considered better than Lincecum. What is Kershaw's best month this season? Is it close to Lincecum's September? Ball up, slower pitches or not Lincecum is doing what an ACE does, gets outs, wins games and sends his team to the playoffs.......[/quote:eek:642gvi1]

So with that knowledge, Lincecum is better than Felix because Felix doesn't have a CY young? So with your argument, Felix isn't an ace because he doesn't win games and he doesn't get his team to the playoffs?[/quote:eek:642gvi1]

Yes Lincecum is better than Felix, I would take the Freak in a game I needed to win, back to back Cy Youngs, sub 3.00 ERA high K total year in and year out.....if you don't get guys out and win games at a consistant rate you aren't an ace. But I'm not talking about aces, I'm talking about top tier pitchers and YOUR comparison to Kershaw. Which is also the inference you're a Dodger fan trying to stir it up in a Giants thread, where it stands to reason you will get a ton of back lash for outlandish comments that a pitcher having one of the best months in all of baseball has somehow lost his abilities. Good luck to the Rays, would love to see how they'd fair against Cain and Lincecum in a best of 7.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
dutchj16 said:
ronfromfresno said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
[quote="dutchj16":kbkhwe7a][quote="kdailey4315":kbkhwe7a][quote="GiantsSuperCollector":kbkhwe7a]

of pitching

Did Kershaw win a CY Young in his first two full seasons? No he lost out to Lincecum, so until he reaches that level of play he cannot be considered better than Lincecum. What is Kershaw's best month this season? Is it close to Lincecum's September? Ball up, slower pitches or not Lincecum is doing what an ACE does, gets outs, wins games and sends his team to the playoffs.......[/quote:kbkhwe7a]

So with that knowledge, Lincecum is better than Felix because Felix doesn't have a CY young? Also, Felix isn't an ace because he doesn't win games and he doesn't get his team to the playoffs?[/quote:kbkhwe7a]
Maybe not this year, but for the past few years Lincecum has been better. Also, Felix couldn't pitch his team into the playoffs because they suck the Dodgers were supposed to be good until Torre screwed up, same with Manny and you needed to have a divorce.[/quote:kbkhwe7a]

"same with manny and you needed to have a divorce" I'm not married so I can't have a divorce. The dodgers have been terrible this year due to their bullpen and terrible offense. Please stop using Lincecum's past achievements to vindicate his current performance.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
dutchj16 said:
So with that knowledge, Lincecum is better than Felix because Felix doesn't have a CY young? Also, Felix isn't an ace because he doesn't win games and he doesn't get his team to the playoffs?

I'll be the first person to admit that Felix has had an amazing season and probably should get the CY Young. However you can't knock Lincecum for facing the D-Bags twice in Sept. and then holding up a pitcher that plays in the worse division in baseball as an example.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:

I'll be the first person to admit that Felix has had an amazing season and probably should get the CY Young. However you can't knock Lincecum for facing the D-Bags twice in Sept. and then holding up a pitcher that plays in the worse division in baseball as an example.

Fine then what about Kershaw? Sub 3.00 ERA, 200+ innings, 200+ strikeouts, plays in same division as Lincecum yet he is 13-10.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:

Fine then what about Kershaw? Sub 3.00 ERA, 200+ innings, 200+ strikeouts, plays in same division as Lincecum yet he is 13-10.

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
2.91 13-10 212 1.18 .214

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
3.43 16-10 231 1.27 .242

Kershaw is slightly better this year but you can't say that he's a better pitcher than Lincecum. Lincecum has done so much more the last 3 years.

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
2.91 13-10 212 1.18 .214

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
3.43 16-10 231 1.27 .242

Kershaw is slightly better this year but you can't say that he's a better pitcher than Lincecum. Lincecum has done so much more the last 3 years.

Slightly better? Cmon, man. Also, this is only Kershaw's second full year.

Jan 15, 2009
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:
kdailey4315 said:
dutchj16 said:

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
2.91 13-10 212 1.18 .214

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
3.43 16-10 231 1.27 .242

Slightly better? Cmon, man. Also, this is only Kershaw's second full year.
Let's compare apple to apples then

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
2.91 13-10 212 1.18 .214

ERA W-L SO WHIP BAA
2.48 15-7 261 1.05 .206

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Wow, this thread got out of control with the baiting of Lincecum. Facts are facts - even if Lincecum hung a few pitches up 2 days ago, the Dbacks couldn't hit them. If you think hitting a changeup when you were expecting a fastball is that easy, then you should be in the majors too and facing Lincecum.

Anyways, I'm going to every game this weekend, but I think that Cain is going to help the Giants clinch tonight! Go Giants!

Jan 15, 2009
lisu said:
Wow, this thread got out of control with the baiting of Lincecum. Facts are facts - even if Lincecum hung a few pitches up 2 days ago, the Dbacks couldn't hit them. If you think hitting a changeup when you were expecting a fastball is that easy, then you should be in the majors too and facing Lincecum.

Anyways, I'm going to every game this weekend, but I think that Cain is going to help the Giants clinch tonight! Go Giants!
At the game, he left too many things up on 2 strike counts

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
lisu said:

At the game, he left too many things up on 2 strike counts

Yes, Cain was too hittable last night too. :( I'm hoping Zito can do the job today!!!

Members online

Latest posts