Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Hey guys take a look at these pics. I dd a double take on my recent auto and it just looks a little off. I think it might be trimmed, or at the very least miscut. The top right corner isn't flush with my magnetic. Am I Wrong in thinking most if not all current cards should be flush with a magnetic edge? Seller has a 30 day return policy so I might just return it anyway.ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1363259544.894402.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1363259592.805870.jpgImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1363259622.039287.jpg

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
That actually doesn't look that bad. I had one of the Sr/Jr dual autos from 09 ultimate that was miscut so badly it was almost diamond shaped. Stinks, but i think it was fairly common with that set.

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
Thanks Friar. Honestly it's not. I just wanted a second opinion. It has what would seem like the official seal for each edge when looking under light.
Appreciate the help

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
12_Topps_Museum_Collection_SignatureSwatchesTripleRelicAutographsPatches5_KG_zps888bb493.jpg

How is it that Topps can't even put actual patches in their "patch" cards?!!! Still a nice card, but honestly I expected real patches with this product! Had the same thing with a Duke Snider /5. Weak.

Whats worse is they have patches in 2013 Series 1,Looks like they have a Reds jersey..But if the redemption said PATCH auto,and I recieved bat pieces-Id be ticked.Patches will always sell for a higher premium.

Sorry man. :-/

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
12_Topps_Museum_Collection_SignatureSwatchesTripleRelicAutographsPatches5_KG_zps888bb493.jpg

How is it that Topps can't even put actual patches in their "patch" cards?!!! Still a nice card, but honestly I expected real patches with this product! Had the same thing with a Duke Snider /5. Weak.
Yeah, I saw that as well! Very surprised! Those should definitely be patches and not bat pieces! What a shame!:eek:
P.S. U get my message about the national treasures cards? Just wondering what you think of them? Thanks!:)

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
P.S. U get my message about the national treasures cards? Just wondering what you think of them? Thanks!:)
Sorry, Tom - got your message just haven't had time to respond. I think the Nat'l Treasures stuff looks really nice in general, but not for Griffey. Love some of the unique old time GU in the set, but I just don't get up in the morning for sticker autos on cards with no Uni's. I had the same issue with Prime cuts - some nice looking patch cards (although the NT ones are Reds Uni's from what I've seen), but nothing I'd really spring for unless the prices came down....a lot. My 2 cents.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
Sorry, Tom - got your message just haven't had time to respond. I think the Nat'l Treasures stuff looks really nice in general, but not for Griffey. Love some of the unique old time GU in the set, but I just don't get up in the morning for sticker autos on cards with no Uni's. I had the same issue with Prime cuts - some nice looking patch cards (although the NT ones are Reds Uni's from what I've seen), but nothing I'd really spring for unless the prices came down....a lot. My 2 cents.
Gotcha! I agree that the Griffey ones aren't that great in the Nat'l Treasures so far. I remember you said to me that you liked the Griffey Prime Cuts cards so I'm surprised you seem to think otherwise now? I think the Prime Cuts ones I got from you and a few others were definitely worth it as those cards are sweet especially together! To me, the true value of the card is the patches with the autos even if they are sticker autos. I guess it doesn't bother me as much without the players wearing the uniforms on the cards. I guess that is what makes collecting fun as everyone thinks differently about collecting and what they like! Thanks again for getting back to me!:D

Last edited:

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
A guy that has a pretty nice 90's collection just listed a ton of nice stuff last night.

Ebay Seller: K_Griffey_Jr_2430

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
A guy that has a pretty nice 90's collection just listed a ton of nice stuff last night.

Ebay Seller: K_Griffey_Jr_2430
Yeah, I have talked to him a little on the BO forum and it's a shame that he is letting go of his whole PC! Obviously he has other plans and he also mentioned the paypal tax that is for selling. Can't blame him for those reasons!:)

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
I actually like the national treasures stuff. Not necessarily the autos because if I'm going to pay a hefty dollar for a high end auto, I want it to be in a mariners uniform. Just personal preference. As far as the patch cards, I think they are really cool. The laundry tags are nice. I also have started collecting Roy Halladay. I like the way his stuff looks in NT.

Tpm2780

Dec 27, 2012
Illinois
I actually like the national treasures stuff. Not necessarily the autos because if I'm going to pay a hefty dollar for a high end auto, I want it to be in a mariners uniform. Just personal preference. As far as the patch cards, I think they are really cool. The laundry tags are nice. I also have started collecting Roy Halladay. I like the way his stuff looks in NT.
Yeah, I guess I don't really mind it either. I go with his Reds or Mariners stuff as I don't really have too much of a preference either way. As long as it's Griffey on the card I really don't mind which uni he is wearing. I mentioned that I really like his Prime Cuts cards which is where I ended up stopping with my PC at the moment! I don't mind that Panini couldn't use the uniforms on the cards as the patches really make up for that! Here are all of my Prime Cuts cards. They are pretty sick!:)

00114.jpg
[/IMG]
00116.jpg
[/IMG]
00115.jpg
[/IMG]
00113.jpg
[/IMG]
00126.jpg
[/IMG]
0018.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Just about everything he has listed, he has bought from me within the past month. I'm not sure why he bought it all just now and is immediately selling it. I know the 90's Griffey market and sold my cards to him around those prices. So, he will be lucky to make back his money after ebay and paypal fees. Seems odd to me.

Yeah, I have talked to him a little on the BO forum and it's a shame that he is letting go of his whole PC! Obviously he has other plans and he also mentioned the paypal tax that is for selling. Can't blame him for those reasons!:)

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
Picked up the following Griffey's from Joey_Peapod. These are 3 of the top 4 Griffey inserts on my want list.

file_zps51285d70.jpg

file_zps08241fa9.jpg

file_zpsa78a8c17.jpg

Members online

Latest posts