Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you ever pulled the ONE card you were looking for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
I have never pulled a specific card, but twice I "called" my shot. Once in basketball and once in baseball.

97-98 Flair basketball. Traded a Tim Duncan 97-98 Ex rookie for 3 packs hoping to pull a Jordan. I pulled the Row 0 Legacy #/100.

Playoff Prime Cuts I back in 2001 or 2002. I called the shop owner while I was at work and asked who the bigger GU were and he said that Williams, Cobb, Robinson, Clemente were in there. We joked about pulling one of them and I said Ill just get Ted. I asked him to set back pack with the last 2 #'s 41. I worked as a security officer at Caterpillar and that was my number. Anyways I get off work and go in there and bust #41 and it was a Ted Williams Dual 2 color patch / bat #5/9. The owner just looked at me a started laughing.

~AJ

jswaykos

Dec 10, 2009
San Diego, CA
leatherman said:
jswaykos said:
Only card that comes to mind is the Billy Ripken "Rick Face" from 89 Fleer. Except I pulled it from a box in 2010.

"My name is Joe, and I'm addicted to junk wax."

Me too. I've been known to bust 1988 Fleer for Jefferies rookie cards. I have about 6 boxes in the garage right now, as a matter of fact. There are Edgar Martinez RCs in there too. I also recently busted a box of 1991 Leaf looking for a Van Poppel Leaf Gold Rookie, but didn't get one. I did get a Mo Vaughn, Jeff Bagwell, Luis Gonzalez, and Mike Mussina, so it wasn't a bad box (for $4).

David

Don't think I haven't busted 1994 Stadium Club in the past six months... in search of Strawberry parallels. Pulled one of the rainbow foil variations or whatever they're called.

JobaSoxFan

Apr 8, 2010
Standish, Maine
Just yesterday I went to my local shop and picked up 4 packs of '07 UD Prospects and pulled a Ryan Braun auto. So I guess that counts.. I knew there were Braun and Lincecum autos in that product.. I just want either, or..

AK11

May 24, 2010
I did pull the card I wanted at least four times in my 17 years of collecting. In 1994 (I was 9), Griffey was my favorite player and I wanted to get my first Griffey card so bad. I was at Wal-Mart and I picked up a couple packs of 1994 Topps. I knew about the Gold parallels 1 per pack, so when a Griffey Gold popped out of the second pack, I was stoked! On a second occassion, when 05-06 SP Authentic basketball came out, the only rookie I wanted was Chris Paul, so I bought 2 boxes and out of the second box was a nice Paul Auto RC. In 1996, I busted loads of Ultra Baseball, primarily series 2, and I pulled a Griffey Thunderclap Gold Medallion which at the time was my most valuable card and favorite card to stare at. I believe also in 96 I pulled a Metal Universe Platinum Parallel of Griffey as well, so as you can see from the 90s, any Griffey pull made my day since I bought only packs in the 90s.

fitefansho

May 26, 2010
A couple years ago I was bustin various 2001 packs lookin for Puj rooks and I bought a few packs of UD Evolution, on the very outside chance I might land one and so two or three packs later, there it was staring back at me. Ended up selling it online some time later but I felt like I beat the odds on that one...

Pulled a Griffey UD rookie out of a pack back in like 1992 when packs were like $5, I bough two packs, there he was.

And back when Shaq mania was in full swing, the day 92-93 Stadium Club came out, I bought ONE pack and not only was his RC in there but the Members Choice card was in the same pack..booYA!! :mrgreen:

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Yes,

1987 Fleer Kevin Seitzer out of five packs
1988 Gregg Jeffries out of four packs
1989 Fleer Billy Ripken out of a box
1990 Upper Deck Kevin Maas out of a box

kobechromecom

Jun 18, 2010
miguelcabrera said:
first of all, are you under 14?

2nd of all, whats "the favre card" lol. im sure he had a lot of cards in the product, but then again i dont know football too well so maybe im wrong

LOL

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Only a couple of times....

This winter I bought one of those Sweet Spot Tins at target - Bam Strasburg Auto, that was the ONLY card I was trying to hit

Twice last year I went in to buy a box of 2008 BCDP aiming for a Heyward Aflac and hit it twice.

skrip

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Couple times:

Years ago I bought one box of Topps American Pie and thought how cool it would be to pull the Marilyn Monroe costume card. Sure enough, got it! That was the only box I bought of that product.

Then, recently, I won a slot in a Bowman multi-case break. During the team draft, I was hoping for either the Angels or Giants and nailed the Giants. Then, I thought, I would love to get a Posey auto. Sure enough! :)

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Once.

I wanted one card from 2006 Leaf Limited, the Vince Young Limited Cuts patch/auto. And I wanted serial # 10/30.

Bought one pack/box, pulled the card, numbered 10/30

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Twice.
2001 Topps to find the Soriano "Rookie" and the Ichiro Rookie. I busted quite a large amount of packs, and I eventually pulled both. In the SAME pack.

2007 Topps: I did the same thing to find the Derek Jeter card. I eventually found it after spending over $150 on packs and blasters :lol:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Kind of wanted a Jeter SP Buyback. Knew I would never get one unless I pulled it.

Wasn't expecting to get one from two packs of retail :shock:

massey

Jun 3, 2010
I just recently walk in to my LCS and bought a 2007 Bowman Chrome box. I thought it was a long shot but I pulled it!!!

Tim Lincecum Refractor Auto!

Holy. That was a good day.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
the only pulls Ive had worth mentioning were 89 UD Griffey Rc's back when they were absolute king of cards.. Ive never even pulled a card better than base of the player I collect. I don't even bother to buy wax other than a blaster here or there to cure the itch and haven't pulled anything but a few crap gu'ed or auto's from those.

Members online

Latest posts