Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hot List Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
hagausaf said:
bricewaynebisel said:
braden said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
sportscardtheory said:
Does anyone else think about the strangeness of having a hot list for cards that are already hot? I believe a hot list should be of hot players and not based on sales at all. It would be the best way to let people knows who is hot, not what cards are selling for. It would wake people up to players who might be "hot" but who's cards aren't being noticed yet, instead of just saying "this card is hot because people are buying it" which is basically useless information. JMO

Yet, from a different perspective, this also wakes people up who own those cards and want to capitalize on the price spikes. I personally LOVE this list and find it to be the exact OPPOSITE of useless.

I must agree. I spend about five minutes a week on eBay so have no knowledge whatsoever of cards I own that may be hot. I read this thread and the eventual list and have sold at least a dozen cards that I would have otherwise never known to list.

+1. The FCB hotlist is the perfect compliment to BA's hot list. The BA hot list clues in to possible price spikes due to performance, while the FCB hotlist provides actual market spikes. I think the FCB list is even more helpful in that it will also provide market updates for players who do not make the BA list for various reasons (non prospect status, etc).
+2

My Mike Olt collection thanks these kinds of threads.

+3 This list has help many people follow sales trends. If I wanted to know how a specific player is doing I can just look that up and see the stats. This list is for marketing purposes, actual sales history, rather than a speculatory list of players that MIGHT increase in value.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jumbojohnny said:
hagausaf said:
bricewaynebisel said:
braden said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":bzztjogn]Does anyone else think about the strangeness of having a hot list for cards that are already hot? I believe a hot list should be of hot players and not based on sales at all. It would be the best way to let people knows who is hot, not what cards are selling for. It would wake people up to players who might be "hot" but who's cards aren't being noticed yet, instead of just saying "this card is hot because people are buying it" which is basically useless information. JMO

Yet, from a different perspective, this also wakes people up who own those cards and want to capitalize on the price spikes. I personally LOVE this list and find it to be the exact OPPOSITE of useless.

I must agree. I spend about five minutes a week on eBay so have no knowledge whatsoever of cards I own that may be hot. I read this thread and the eventual list and have sold at least a dozen cards that I would have otherwise never known to list.

+1. The FCB hotlist is the perfect compliment to BA's hot list. The BA hot list clues in to possible price spikes due to performance, while the FCB hotlist provides actual market spikes. I think the FCB list is even more helpful in that it will also provide market updates for players who do not make the BA list for various reasons (non prospect status, etc).
+2

+3 This list has help many people follow sales trends. If I wanted to know how a specific player is doing I can just look that up and see the stats. This list is for marketing purposes, actual sales history, rather than a speculatory list of players that MIGHT increase in value.[/quote:bzztjogn]

haha, thanks guys!

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
hail2thevictors said:
Russ S. said:
Same 'ol same 'ol.

HARVEY
Machado
Goldschmidt

Manny Machado is far from hot-if hot means price increases.
Really?

Ref. Auto BGS 9.5
$139.50
$139.50
$140
$160

Base Auto 9.5
$140
Numerous BIN of $119 failed to sell the week prior.

Base Blue Ref.
$40
$40
Was selling $20-$25 the week prior

Sig. Stars SP Auto
$100 BO
Last one sold for $79 week prior

I could be wrong, but looks like he's selling decently.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
jumbojohnny said:
hagausaf said:
bricewaynebisel said:
braden said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
[quote="sportscardtheory":qqpr3z3d]Does anyone else think about the strangeness of having a hot list for cards that are already hot? I believe a hot list should be of hot players and not based on sales at all. It would be the best way to let people knows who is hot, not what cards are selling for. It would wake people up to players who might be "hot" but who's cards aren't being noticed yet, instead of just saying "this card is hot because people are buying it" which is basically useless information. JMO

+2

+3 This list has help many people follow sales trends. If I wanted to know how a specific player is doing I can just look that up and see the stats. This list is for marketing purposes, actual sales history, rather than a speculatory list of players that MIGHT increase in value.[/quote:qqpr3z3d]

I concur with the above sentiments, I find the FCB Hotlist to be extremely beneficial.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Superhuskiefan1 said:
Justin Smoak Today-[ebay:158hb3hp]160462231755[/ebay:158hb3hp], 2 Days ago-[ebay:158hb3hp]390307389819[/ebay:158hb3hp]. Hes been on a tear the past 2 games since his return
Michael Pineda 5 Days ago-[ebay:158hb3hp]160576499781[/ebay:158hb3hp] enough said that sold for more then the superrefractor wow

My Pineda Sterling Refractor sold for $49.99 which is up from a high of $38. Sterling base sell close to $20 now. Even base Bowman RC's will sell.

Honestly, I never really noticed Chapman stuff because I didnt have any but I bought a few autos recently and listed them on Sunday. When I looked that day, the Bowman Chrome Ref Au's were averaging $47-51. Since then they have sold as high as $60. The other auto I have is a Sterling and I saw they were going at $25-27 on average on Sunday. Last straight auction hit $36.

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
aaron41984 said:
Superhuskiefan1 said:
Justin Smoak Today-[ebay:21oazvgw]160462231755[/ebay:21oazvgw], 2 Days ago-[ebay:21oazvgw]390307389819[/ebay:21oazvgw]. Hes been on a tear the past 2 games since his return
Michael Pineda 5 Days ago-[ebay:21oazvgw]160576499781[/ebay:21oazvgw] enough said that sold for more then the superrefractor wow

My Pineda Sterling Refractor sold for $49.99 which is up from a high of $38. Sterling base sell close to $20 now. Even base Bowman RC's will sell.

Honestly, I never really noticed Chapman stuff because I didnt have any but I bought a few autos recently and listed them on Sunday. When I looked that day, the Bowman Chrome Ref Au's were averaging $47-51. Since then they have sold as high as $60. The other auto I have is a Sterling and I saw they were going at $25-27 on average on Sunday. Last straight auction hit $36.

+1

Just sold 4 Pineda chromes for $30, and Pineda Xfractor for $100

Also gotta go with James Darnell. Two weeks ago base autos were $5.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
2005 BC Matt Kemp autos.

Were selling around $40 and then with his recent hot streak, they have sold for close $60 on a regular basis.

Also, many Matt Kemp autos are seeing surges. His 2006 Topps 52 autos are hitting $17, $20 and higher. Could have bought these for $10 or less at the beginning of the season.

All that being said, basically Matt Kemp autos.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jurgy25 said:
aaron41984 said:
Superhuskiefan1 said:
Justin Smoak Today-[ebay:1au6wpdo]160462231755[/ebay:1au6wpdo], 2 Days ago-[ebay:1au6wpdo]390307389819[/ebay:1au6wpdo]. Hes been on a tear the past 2 games since his return
Michael Pineda 5 Days ago-[ebay:1au6wpdo]160576499781[/ebay:1au6wpdo] enough said that sold for more then the superrefractor wow

+1

Just sold 4 Pineda chromes for $30, and Pineda Xfractor for $100

Also gotta go with James Darnell. Two weeks ago base autos were $5.

Holy wow-nice sale on the Pineda X.

I sold mine for $40 around when he made his 1st start for Seattle. I thought that was a decent, not great, sale. To think they are getting $100 now is just crazy.

Members online

Latest posts