Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM - Astros Fail to Sign #1 Pick Brady Aiken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Soooooo, no injury to elbow.???
Apparently the UCL was smaller than normal. Wut? Were they using Baltimore's doctors for the analysis?

Yeah, that's the stupid part. They screwed the deal up based on the probability he would get hurt. Not that he actually was. They probably figured that if they signed him, he would need surgery while still in the minors. And that would set them back. Now they are set back anyways, and even more so. And Aiken not taking the money was just stupid. Now I'm more interested to hear what the NCAA says about him using an agent. But this whole situation is dumb and could have easily been taken care of by both or even one party.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
MLBPA going to file a grievance claiming the Astros manipulated the draft system.

I'm not surprised - the union has to make smoke where there is no fire. Astros wanted to pay less dollar because aiken was damaged goods and Aiken didn't want to sign a lower value contract.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
I couldn't find it anywhere, is Aiken still NCAA eligible? Kinda confused...

the articles I've found in the last week just say his NCAA eligibility is "at risk". I suppose if the NCAA rules him ineligible to play, he could petition to become eligible if he can make a good case.

I suppose this whole thing will end with him having to play indy ball to stay in baseball shape until he can be signed by a big league club.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
the articles I've found in the last week just say his NCAA eligibility is "at risk". I suppose if the NCAA rules him ineligible to play, he could petition to become eligible if he can make a good case.

I suppose this whole thing will end with him having to play indy ball to stay in baseball shape until he can be signed by a big league club.

That's my guess as well. He should have just taken the five million. Now other teams are going to hold his UCL against him. Not fair but it'll happen. And if goes further back in the draft, he's really screwed.

Members online

Latest posts