Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How to collect Robbie Alomar card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OtisHenry

Aug 2, 2021
What To Look For In A Coverstitch And How To Solve Common Issues

Coverstitch machines come in a few different models so when you pick one, your job is a bit easier than with a sewing machine.

How To Choose A Coverstitch Machine

Each model of coverstitch machine does not have much of a difference from another, but you still need to be aware of the following things. When you have known what you need, the next step is to pick a good machine from the meV1J1gaJpwZWZnZWyZZW2WaWmVl2pjlMuUlsnFksrDn4-gzck.gif coverstitch machine reviews so that you can choose the best one.

1 - The number of threads:

Most coverstitch machines can sew with up to three needles. However, if you do not really need all of the three, save yourself a bit by the “three thread” model, which only uses two needles and a looper underneath.

y4ED6V9.jpg

You get to choose the number of threads you want to use

2 - Threading:

A coverstitch machine does not require a complicated threading process, but if you can stretch your budget and want to save time, opt for a model with an automatic threading function.

3 - Tension

You can adjust a coverstitch machine’s tension like you would do on a sewing machine, but there are a few models that allow you to change more than others. So if you have to deal with difficult fabrics often, consider buying one that gives you more control.

4 - Changing presser foot pressure

This function allows you to change the distance between the foot and the machine bed, which is handy when you have to sew projects with different thicknesses.

❖❖❖ Picked For You: hI7cOdk.gif Best Coverstitch Machine For Home Use

5 - Differential feed

You can use this feature to lower the impact of the feed dog so that it does not stretch the fabrics too much.

6 - Free Arm

All coverstitch machines can hem tubes but the ones with the free arm will make the job even easier. A similar part can accompany the sewing machine for beginners and you will have the best combo for free-motion quilting.

zvyz9Rs.jpg

How To Solve Common Problems of Coverstitch Machines

Problem 1
: Tunneling comes in the form of small hills in between two rows of stitches.

To fix this, adjust the tension of the looper until the tunnel becomes flat. It is best to test on a piece of scrap that has a similar or the same texture as what you are sewing.

Problem 2: Run out of thread

In case you do not have another spool of thread for the second needle, take out the bobbin of your sewing machine and use it for the other needle. For the looper, use a cone of thread that has a color that is not too bright.

✺✺✺ See Also: Top Coverstitch Sewing Machine Reviews 9ME3lZU.gif

Problem 3: Wavy hems

This problem happens when you sew thick or slippery fabrics. The presser foot stretches it too much, creating the wavy hems. To solve this issue, try to adjust the foot pressure, use interfacing tape on the wrong side, or you may baste the hems first and then use the coverstitch machine.

A similar issue can happen even if you are not using a coverstitch machine but a computerized sewing machine for beginners. In this case, you can also set up to create automatic rolled hems, seams, and other common sewing chores that need to be accomplished.

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Alright, which one of you guys is trolling me here. Obviously not Mr. Met. Who could it be? The smart money is on @JVHaste, but if it were me, I would take the field. Maybe @bstanwood is on a mischevious streak. Or @mrmopar? I think he has a sense of humor which might lend itself to this. Same for @finestkind and @nosterbor, and definitely @Dilferules. Maybe it's @cgilmo making a triumphant return :)

Last edited:

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yes.

But read the OP again. It's pretty screwy. I choose to believe that it's a member of this board just stirring the pot! :)

Last edited:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Not me! Although I like that Otis connection. Assuming there is nothing funny going on, one very possible situation is that it could be someone who uses English as a 2nd language. That would not be a stretch. I know there is a lot of shorthand/slang/abbreviations in online communications these days (not a fan personally, I'd rather just type it out than to use something like LOL or BRB or similar), but that looks very much like someone looking for the right words, but maybe not having them flow freely.

@OtisHenry, tell us more about you and your collecting origins. Maybe we can be a bit more helpful that way. MrMet kind of nailed it at the simplest level possible, although there are plenty of folks here and on other sites that would likely trade and/or give away cards, especially to a newer collector.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts