Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you rank these 5 prospect pitchers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Just so happens to be alphabetical for me....

Bauer
Bradley
Bundy
Cole
Hultzen

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
justwar said:

Bauer
Bradley
Bundy
Cole
Hultzen

You're the 2nd or 3rd person I have seen on FCB that puts Bradley over Bundy, yet I can't find a single scout that says Bradley does a single thing better than Bundy, other than size. Do you have an argument other than size?

justwar

Aug 7, 2008
Keyser Soze said:
justwar said:

Bauer
Bradley
Bundy
Cole
Hultzen

You're the 2nd or 3rd person I have seen on FCB that puts Bradley over Bundy, yet I can't find a single scout that says Bradley does a single thing better than Bundy, other than size. Do you have an argument other than size?

Absolutely not :) To me, Bradley's edge, his very slight edge, comes from his size alone. He has the ideal pitcher frame for durability, but Bundy looks so controlled when he pitches.... I don't know now.... man, why'd ya make me have to think about it :) I'd rather have Bundy on my team though, if that makes any sense.

Justin

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
I'm not informed enough to list all of these pitchers, but I hope Bradley works out. I've got some dough invested in him. That being said, I'm thinking now might be the time to sell because his sales are going WAY up. Pitchers seem to be more volatile, so I think selling while the market is hot is better than waiting until he makes a mark in the majors. I'm still undecided......bleh...

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Zymco said:
I love how hultzen is near or at the bottom of everyone's list so far. When he probably has the lowest floor and might be the safest bet of the group to be a solid big league pitcher. Also he should be the first to the big leagues. Bauer could beat him, but just kind of surprised to see hultzen so low. I really like him. I know some people discount Arizona fall league stats, but for him to come right out of college and dominat the fall league was impressive. Saw him pitch in person and was very impressed.
Not sure what you mean by "lowest floor" (as you seem to be indicating a positive, but having the lowest floor would seem to be a negative.) Hultzen is the only guy on that list who I have not seen once viewed as a potential ace. He seems to be a very safe pick, but the projections I've heard are mostly a very solid #3-type pitcher, albeit almost immediately.

If he ends up as a solid #3 or a #2 he'll almost definitely have a better career than a couple of the other guys on the list, simply because so many prospects do not pan out. That said, at the moment, taking peak into consideration, I would definitely list him last or second to last in the group of 5.

That said, my list (which is not based on anything other than other's scouting reports and the like so take it for what it is worth) is:

1. Bundy
2a and 2b Bauer and Cole
4a and 4b Bradley and Hultzen

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
exigussrex said:
I'm not informed enough to list all of these pitchers, but I hope Bradley works out. I've got some dough invested in him. That being said, I'm thinking now might be the time to sell because his sales are going WAY up. Pitchers seem to be more volatile, so I think selling while the market is hot is better than waiting until he makes a mark in the majors. I'm still undecided......bleh...

Bradley's sales aren't going way up. They're mostly the same that they've been for the last month plus. Unless you're talking about his high end autos. His base and refractor autos are staying pretty steady.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
For me, the order is as follows:

Bundy
Cole
Bauer
Bradley
Hultzen

As for Hultzen, I believe him to be the safest bet on the list to have a "solid" career and based on future stats / performance, he'll most likely end up being number two or three on the list but I also believe his ceiling to be the lowest out of this group.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
justwar said:
Keyser Soze said:
justwar said:

Bauer
Bradley
Bundy
Cole
Hultzen

Absolutely not :) To me, Bradley's edge, his very slight edge, comes from his size alone. He has the ideal pitcher frame for durability, but Bundy looks so controlled when he pitches.... I don't know now.... man, why'd ya make me have to think about it :) I'd rather have Bundy on my team though, if that makes any sense.

Justin

Oh and I might add, i'd trust the Arizona Organization over Baltimore's. Have the O's developed a good pitcher in the last 10 years.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
mwashuc06 said:
Oh and I might add, i'd trust the Arizona Organization over Baltimore's. Have the O's developed a good pitcher in the last 10 years.

This is absolutely true, unfortunately. Look at the O's recent prospect pitchers, granted they still have some time to get there, but Tillman, Arrieta, and Matusz have been really bad thusfar. And it's still way too early on Britton.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Keyser Soze said:
mwashuc06 said:

This is absolutely true, unfortunately. Look at the O's recent prospect pitchers, granted they still have some time to get there, but Tillman, Arrieta, and Matusz have been really bad thusfar. And it's still way too early on Britton.
Was there anything in their failures that indicate it was the team and not simply that they were either not as good as initially thought or simply never reached their potential? I'm always a bit hesitant to assume the team is a major factor...

Members online

Latest posts