Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I am having trouble selling cards lately

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I am having trouble selling cards lately

1. Too many cards to all keep organized. Player gets hot I have a small window to sell and can't find card in time.
2. Card are not worth enough. If I sell I card for a buck or two eBay and Paypal would get most of my money so why bother.
3. Cards are worth too much. My mindset is that I need to try to not sell my most valuable card as they would be hardest to replace.
4. I enjoy the cards too much. It like drug dealer getting high on there own supply. I have been unable to sell because as a collector it would be nice to keep them all.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Ditto, BUT, right now I have some things that are more important, so I have to move some stuff. I definately feel your pain though. Getting ready to list a Mantle G/U w/stripe. Nobody here wanted it, so off to the bay with it.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I am having the opposite problem.  I am having problems finding cards that I want to buy.  Since I've lost interest in all things after 1989, my list of "needs" is pretty small, and gets smaller each time I pick something up.

I'm also having a really hard time picking a new focus, which I'd like to have in place BEFORE heading to the national.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
ThoseBackPages said:
I am having the opposite problem.  I am having problems finding cards that I want to buy.  Since I've lost interest in all things after 1989, my list of "needs" is pretty small, and gets smaller each time I pick something up.

I'm also having a really hard time picking a new focus, which I'd like to have in place BEFORE heading to the national.

I agree, there's too much "junk" on ebay.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
js0000001 said:
Basically I like to rip. And to fund any kind of rip I need to sell.

There are buyers out there for virtually anything that they can make a flip on.

You're not trying hard enough.

I essentially sell cards as quickly as I rip them if I don't want to keep them.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Just because a card is valuable doesn't mean it's difficult to replace. I have plenty of patch cards with hard-to-find patch pieces that are only worth $30-50 each. On the other hand, if you have a Bowman Chrome refractor autograph of David Wright, it's way more valuable, but not difficult to replace because each one is essentially the same. Even gold refractor autographs can be replaced without too much difficulty.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
mrwhitesox30 said:
Just because a card is valuable doesn't mean it's difficult to replace. I have plenty of patch cards with hard-to-find patch pieces that are only worth $30-50 each. On the other hand, if you have a Bowman Chrome refractor autograph of David Wright, it's way more valuable, but not difficult to replace because each one is essentially the same. Even gold refractor autographs can be replaced without too much difficulty.

Agreed, which is why there will *always* be copies of these cards available. Maybe not every day, but within a reasonable time frame.

It will take time for the hobby to fully understand all of this, and when that happens prices will dip.

Card Geeks Blog

Jun 2, 2011
ThoseBackPages said:

That's not a bad problem to have IMO.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
js0000001 said:
4. I enjoy the cards too much. It like drug dealer getting high on there own supply. I have been unable to sell because as a collector it would be nice to keep them all.

haha, this is my big one. I just love all cards too much and just hate getting rid of any of them. The only time i really get rid of cards and it doesn't bother me, is if i get a card, that goes to a big player collector of that player.

I also have the mind set that i need to keep at least one autograph of every player in every single sport.

If i bust a box of something and pull an autograph of player "X" and i don't already own an autograph of this player it immediately becomes PC whether i like the player or not.