Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Spoke to Sportflics about 1986 Robin Yount Yankee error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1jess1

Apr 19, 2011
I googled this Yount error and saw that there was a lot of talk about this card on Freedomcard. there were 1879 views and 142 comments posted. i figure that you guys might be interested in what I was told by Sportflics. In 1986 I was a baseball card dealer and sold cards at various card shows across the country. I ordered 8 cases of Sportflics packs. When I received the cases I opened up a few boxes because I wanted to see if i could make a complete set. I found 3 Robin Yount cards with New York Yankees on back. I did not get any Yount cards with Brewers on back. I figured that all the Yount cards had Yankees on back. I called Sportflics in Connecticut to see if they corrected the Yount card. I told the lady on the phone that I had these cards and I was put on hold. A minute later the head guy at Sportflics got on the phone and told me that I did not have the card with Yankees on back and he actually argued with me about having the card. He told me that only a handful were printed and that the error was caught and that none were distributed. I told him that he was wrong because I was holding 3 of the cards with Yankees on the back. I asked him if the card did not exist why would I be calling him. At that point he stopped arguing with me and requested that I send back the 8 cases to him. He offered to send me 12 cases in return. Naturally, I smelled a rat and did not return the 8 cases. I opened up all 8 cases and found a total of 27 Yount cards with Yankees on back and not a single Yount with Brewers on back. Years later I sent all 27 cards to PSA and had them graded. PSA has greded my 27 cards and obviously 3 other cards because PSA has only graded 30 cards in total. Now you guys know everything that I know about this Robin Yount error card.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
You may want to get in touch with this one putz on here. He's got one for $10k. Shouldn't be tough finding him- he's the guy inside your mirror.

rehmus

Mar 10, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
schmidlak-Facepalm.gif

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Please don't lock this thread. It can be nothing but epic especially if 'factz' plays along and I'd love some new reading material.

Members online

Latest posts