Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I Spoke to Sportflics about 1986 Robin Yount Yankee error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Its no fun when you know they are just trolling for attention.

1jess1 said:
I googled this Yount error and saw that there was a lot of talk about this card on Freedomcard. there were 1879 views and 142 comments posted. i figure that you guys might be interested in what I was told by Sportflics. In 1986 I was a baseball card dealer and sold cards at various card shows across the country. I ordered 8 cases of Sportflics packs. When I received the cases I opened up a few boxes because I wanted to see if i could make a complete set. I found 3 Robin Yount cards with New York Yankees on back. I did not get any Yount cards with Brewers on back. I figured that all the Yount cards had Yankees on back. I called Sportflics in Connecticut to see if they corrected the Yount card. I told the lady on the phone that I had these cards and I was put on hold. A minute later the head guy at Sportflics got on the phone and told me that I did not have the card with Yankees on back and he actually argued with me about having the card. He told me that only a handful were printed and that the error was caught and that none were distributed. I told him that he was wrong because I was holding 3 of the cards with Yankees on the back. I asked him if the card did not exist why would I be calling him. At that point he stopped arguing with me and requested that I send back the 8 cases to him. He offered to send me 12 cases in return. Naturally, I smelled a rat and did not return the 8 cases. I opened up all 8 cases and found a total of 27 Yount cards with Yankees on back and not a single Yount with Brewers on back. Years later I sent all 27 cards to PSA and had them graded. PSA has greded my 27 cards and obviously 3 other cards because PSA has only graded 30 cards in total. Now you guys know everything that I know about this Robin Yount error card.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Why couldn't Sportflics have screwed up that years Al Oliver card instead.

Please leave my favorite player alone... ::facepalm::

Zfcx6LiAtAyDQoi9kpj8jLeqavcodg5irgU9K_gUTv03UYX-axZ7vZko0Fx7mYGuL2C1Um90nVF2zI1g9nTydUQ-TyA5VSCwvTVaeicS3bmFx4lkXpizTQNN1lDcbcMKahqsm6zW9mE2wt5w92SeUTW_8nhrDAeYps_-dK_qNNePGaLjW9kB3Jp-hsxHeRDn8BHtc0Dvd9XaHA

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
epic20fail.jpg

We would also accept, This one time at band camp....

The point is NO ONE F'N CARES OH MY GOD.....can we get 85 threads for the Dale Murphy Rev neg or the Billy Ripken error?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
hive17 said:
Why couldn't Sportflics have screwed up that years Al Oliver card instead.

Please leave my favorite player alone... ::facepalm::

Zfcx6LiAtAyDQoi9kpj8jLeqavcodg5irgU9K_gUTv03UYX-axZ7vZko0Fx7mYGuL2C1Um90nVF2zI1g9nTydUQ-TyA5VSCwvTVaeicS3bmFx4lkXpizTQNN1lDcbcMKahqsm6zW9mE2wt5w92SeUTW_8nhrDAeYps_-dK_qNNePGaLjW9kB3Jp-hsxHeRDn8BHtc0Dvd9XaHA
Your favorite player stole his look and thus dividends from one of my favorites (Vuckovich).

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
This is very interesting first hand information. Thank you for shedding light on this mysterious issue that has been keeping all of us up at night. I will sleep easier tonight.

Please feel free to update us with any additional recalled information. Also, you may want to register www.sportflicsyounterroristhegreatestca ... toknow.com, as it is currently still available but probably will be registered soon if you don't jump on it.

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
I spoke to the printer of 1986 Sportsflics. He swore me to secrecy, but I think its ok to bring it up now. Apparently the Bucky Dent card can be found with either a size 5 or 5.5 font period ending the third sentence in his biography. The 5.5's are a little rarer.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
gracecollector said:
This is very interesting first hand information. Thank you for shedding light on this mysterious issue that has been keeping all of us up at night. I will sleep easier tonight.

Please feel free to update us with any additional recalled information. Also, you may want to register http://www.sportflicsyounterroristhegre ... toknow.com, as it is currently still available but probably will be registered soon if you don't jump on it.

I think we are all on the FBI watch list now, because that link has "terrorist" in it.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Moonlight Graham said:
I spoke to the printer of 1986 Sportsflics. He swore me to secrecy, but I think its ok to bring it up now. Apparently the Bucky Dent card can be found with either a size 5 or 5.5 font period ending the third sentence in his biography. The 5.5's are a little rarer.

Really now.

I spoke to Sportflics about the pack crimp- er they used. They had to switch 3/4ths of the way into production. The crimped packs used with the new machine are 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.666 rarer than then the others.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
mudflap02 said:
gracecollector said:

Please feel free to update us with any additional recalled information. Also, you may want to register http://www.sportflicsyounterroristhegre ... toknow.com, as it is currently still available but probably will be registered soon if you don't jump on it.

I think we are all on the FBI watch list now, because that link has "terrorist" in it.

that's so funny, that's the first word i saw too....

Members online

Latest posts