Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Im I wrong for leaving this kind of EBAY feedback on a card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
rico08 said:
EricInCT said:
rico08 said:
flightposite said:
A. Shipping and handling is an agreed upon amount at the time you place your bid.

B. If the item arrives safely and in good condition, the method of shipment matters not at all.

Most buyers expect a little more than a PWE for $2+ S&H charges. I don't think its unreasonable to mention delivery method and leave a positive if the item arrives safely.
I must be in the minority.

It is a hypocritcal stance : Say for example someone offers FREE shipping and you buy the card you always wanted, a Longoria 2006 auto for example. It comes in a bubble mailer and it is off-centered and dinged on the back. For the same price of the card the seller charged $3.50 but it came in a PWE, perfect and in gem mint condition. You going to leave neutral feedback then?

Hypocritcal? You just said you don't even know what card comes from which envelope.

It isn't my fault I care about what sellers charge for shipping a card. You should too.

I know. I also said that was for people who would leave a neutral for a PWE, that would exclude me.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
rico08 said:
ru4scuba said:
rico08 said:
Most buyers expect a little more than a PWE for $2+ S&H charges. I don't think its unreasonable to mention delivery method and leave a positive if the item arrives safely.

Does it matter what you say in a positive? How many people read positive feedback?

You're pushing for a neutral in this situation?

I know what it costs (to be a smart seller) and buy packaging in bulk or reuse envelopes.
If I pay more than $2 and a card comes in a PWE I'll leave a neutral. That's my personal cutoff.

I would leave a neutral in this case. I don't appreciate being overcharged for shipping. If I pay $2.50+ I expect proper packaging. Mentioning that it came in a PWE in a positive comment doesn't do anything to the seller who just ripped you off and gambled that your card will arrive safely.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
ru4scuba said:
rico08 said:
ru4scuba said:
rico08 said:

Does it matter what you say in a positive? How many people read positive feedback?

I know what it costs (to be a smart seller) and buy packaging in bulk or reuse envelopes.
If I pay more than $2 and a card comes in a PWE I'll leave a neutral. That's my personal cutoff.

I would leave a neutral in this case. I don't appreciate being overcharged for shipping. If I pay $2.50+ I expect proper packaging. Mentioning that it came in a PWE in a positive comment doesn't do anything to the seller who just ripped you off and gambled that your card will arrive safely.

Agreed.

The bottom line should not be "did my card arrive undamaged." Sellers should be called out for the benefit of the eBay community.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ru4scuba said:

How is it completely impossible for the seller in this case to spend $1.86 on handling charges? You would seriously leave neutral feedback for less than a dollar difference on a shipping charge???

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
rico08 said:
ru4scuba said:
rico08 said:
ru4scuba said:
rico08 said:

Agreed.

The bottom line should not be "did my card arrive undamaged." Sellers should be called out for the benefit of the eBay community.

Funny reading all your posts about shipping practices after you tried to charge me $10 to ship a couple cards that weren't even worth what you were trying to charge for shipping.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:

How is it completely impossible for the seller in this case to spend $1.86 on handling charges? You would seriously leave neutral feedback for less than a dollar difference on a shipping charge???

I would leave a neutral because the card was improperly packaged. I've received way too many high end cards damaged in PWE's and I'm sick of cheap sellers gambling that my cards will arrive safely.

Now I'm going to get a bunch of comments saying "if the description doesn't say bubble mailer I shouldn't expect one" and "you should ask how it is being mailed." The status quo on eBay is to ship in a bubble mailer if you're paying above $2.00 for S&H. If a seller under performs they should be dinged in their feedback.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Cobra29svt said:
Funny reading all your posts about shipping practices after you tried to charge me $10 to ship a couple cards that weren't even worth what you were trying to charge for shipping.

It was $5 to ship a couple cards on Collector Revolution.
$2.50 for the first and $.50 for each addition with a $5 cap. VERY clearly stated before you purchased. I'm pretty sure I still have the PMs.

Now go to the Frank Thomas thread and be quiet.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:

I would leave a neutral because the card was improperly packaged. I've received way too many high end cards damaged in PWE's and I'm sick of cheap sellers gambling that my cards will arrive safely.

Now I'm going to get a bunch of comments saying "if the description doesn't say bubble mailer I shouldn't expect one" and "you should ask how it is being mailed." The status quo on eBay is to ship in a bubble mailer if you're paying above $2.00 for S&H. If a seller under performs they should be dinged in their feedback.

I guess I just don't expect everyone on eBay to know what they are doing, so I am lenient with shipping charges, as long as I get the card/cards in the desired condition. Most sellers on eBay are not businesses and don't always know to do the best thing to protect cards during shipment. I guess your problem is, you lump all sellers into the same high standards as you would expect from a professional business.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:

I guess I just don't expect everyone on eBay to know what they are doing, so I am lenient with shipping charges, as long as I get the card/cards in the desired condition. Most sellers on eBay are not businesses and don't always know to do the best thing to protect cards during shipment. I guess your problem is, you lump all sellers into the same high standards as you would expect from a professional business.

How does someone learn to have better standards if they never receive honest feedback?

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
sportscardtheory said:

Chances are that if someone is selling sports cards on eBay, they have bought them off eBay as well and know what the standard way to ship a card is.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:

Chances are that if someone is selling sports cards on eBay, they have bought them off eBay as well and know what the standard way to ship a card is.

I don't expect high shipping standards from every single person on eBay. Like many have stated, eBay is basically an internet garage sale.

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
rico08 said:
Cobra29svt said:

It was $5 to ship a couple cards on Collector Revolution.
$2.50 for the first and $.50 for each addition with a $5 cap. VERY clearly stated before you purchased. I'm pretty sure I still have the PMs.

Now go to the Frank Thomas thread and be quiet.

:lol: at $5.
1: There was no cap. You might have a "cap" now, but you sure didn't then.
2: Ummm...NO. It was not clearly stated. In fact, your combined shipping rates weren't stated at all. But that is my fault for assuming a seller would be practical and use common sence when it comes to shipping.
3: Great, i'm very happy you have the PM's.
4: Yes sir. I'm back off to the Thomas thread where I will remain quite. Not really my style to argue on the internet with stupid little kids, or adults who are still trying to grow up. I'll leave you here to run your mouth about poor shipping practices while you don't practice what you preach. Done.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Ok....let's play devil's advocate:

I received 2 packages today. 1st package received today in a bubble mailer. Acutally 2 cards. I paid $3.50 plus $1 for the additional card. $4.50. The envelope has postage of $1.24.

2nd package received were 2 cards in a PWE in a sleeve and toploader. I paid $2.50 for delivery and the evelope had .84 cents slapped on the front.

The guy who pocketed $3.00 of my hard earned money gets 20 stars for being so great and the guy who pocketed $1.66 gets blasted even though the same result took place ~ two packages with perfect content?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Tomlinson21RB said:
How does someone learn to have better standards if they never receive honest feedback?

Low DSRs. I'm talking about leaving neutral and negative feedback for receiving undamaged cards not shipped "how you wanted them to be shipped". Obviously, the DSRs should be used for what they are intended.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
ru4scuba said:

Agree. Most buyer only read Neg Or Neutral. But some seller get irate if they DSR point get low because they lose out in ebay feeds.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
EricInCT said:
Ok....let's play devil's advocate:

I received 2 packages today. 1st package received today in a bubble mailer. Acutally 2 cards. I paid $3.50 plus $1 for the additional card. $4.50. The envelope has postage of $1.24.

2nd package received were 2 cards in a PWE in a sleeve and toploader. I paid $2.50 for delivery and the evelope had .84 cents slapped on the front.

The guy who pocketed $3.00 of my hard earned money gets 20 stars for being so great and the guy who pocketed $1.66 gets blasted even though the same result took place ~ two packages with perfect content?

At least you aren't going to leave neutral or negative feedback... which, in my opinion, would be unwarranted.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Cobra29svt said:
2: Ummm...NO. It was not clearly stated. In fact, your combined shipping rates weren't stated at all. But that is my fault for assuming a seller would be practical and use common sence when it comes to shipping.
4: Yes sir. I'm back off to the Thomas thread where I will remain quite. Not really my style to argue on the internet with stupid little kids, or adults who are still trying to grow up. I'll leave you here to run your mouth about poor shipping practices while you don't practice what you preach. Done.

I'm very happy I have the PM's too. I can read how you refused to pay $5 for shipping, not $10.

Speaking of stupid little kids who are still trying to grow up. Sheesh. This happened in January, get over it!

Banished back to the Big Hurt thread, fool!

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
rico08 said:
Cobra29svt said:

I'm very happy I have the PM's too. I can read how you refused to pay $5 for shipping, not $10.

Speaking of stupid little kids who are still trying to grow up. Sheesh. This happened in January, get over it!

Banished back to the Big Hurt thread, fool!

Completely uncalled for.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
So, it seems that most people here are HAPPY overpaying for shipments received in bubble mailers rather than receiving the same shipment in the same condition in a PWE... lol. Whatever floats your boat. I just want the card I payed for in the condition stated... that's IT. eBay is a giant garage sale, so I find it absolutely ridiculous to hold every seller to the same standards as say, Dave and Adam's.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
sportscardtheory said:
So, it seems that most people here are HAPPY overpaying for shipments received in bubble mailers rather than receiving the same shipment in the same condition in a PWE... lol. Whatever floats your boat. I just want the card I payed for in the condition stated... that's IT. eBay is a giant garage sale, so I find it absolutely ridiculous to hold every seller to the same standards as say, Dave and Adam's.

After you receive a few $30+ cards damaged in PWE's and then have to fight with cheap sellers and Paypal you'll change your tune.

Members online