Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Im I wrong for leaving this kind of EBAY feedback on a card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
sportscardtheory said:
So, it seems that most people here are HAPPY overpaying for shipments received in bubble mailers rather than receiving the same shipment in the same condition in a PWE... lol. Whatever floats your boat. I just want the card I payed for in the condition stated... that's IT. eBay is a giant garage sale, so I find it absolutely ridiculous to hold every seller to the same standards as say, Dave and Adam's.

I've had two cards for my player collections damaged from PWE's and I haven't seen another copy on ebay since. This is why I do not consider it overpaying for a bubble mailer.

The idea of accepting poor standards is only furthering the stupidity and laziness of America. If someone offers a service they should make every effort to offer the best service they can. These people aren't using PWE's because they don't know better, it's just a way for them to pocket and extra $1+ for each sale.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
So, it seems that most people here are HAPPY overpaying for shipments received in bubble mailers rather than receiving the same shipment in the same condition in a PWE... lol. Whatever floats your boat. I just want the card I payed for in the condition stated... that's IT. eBay is a giant garage sale, so I find it absolutely ridiculous to hold every seller to the same standards as say, Dave and Adam's.

After you receive a few $30+ cards damaged in PWE's and then have to fight with cheap sellers and Paypal you'll change your tune.

I've been through it all on eBay, but I will never take past problems out on current transactions/sellers. Oh well, everyone handles things differently... just like every seller sells differently and deserves reasonable doubt

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Tomlinson21RB said:
sportscardtheory said:

I've had two cards for my player collections damaged from PWE's and I haven't seen another copy on ebay since. This is why I do not consider it overpaying for a bubble mailer.

The idea of accepting poor standards is only furthering the stupidity and laziness of America. If someone offers a service they should make every effort to offer the best service they can. These people aren't using PWE's because they don't know better, it's just a way for them to pocket and extra $1+ for each sale.

What you are talking about is an issue you have with people in general... maybe you shouldn't be taking your societal frustrations out on eBay sellers. :?

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Wait wait wait. I am confused now. So it is ok to leave low dsrs for how you feel a seller should package something but it is not ok to leave low dsrs for not mentioning creases in a card? This makes no sense.
sportscardtheory said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
How does someone learn to have better standards if they never receive honest feedback?

Low DSRs. I'm talking about leaving neutral and negative feedback for receiving undamaged cards not shipped "how you wanted them to be shipped". Obviously, the DSRs should be used for what they are intended.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
sportscardtheory said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
sportscardtheory said:

What you are talking about is an issue you have with people in general... maybe you shouldn't be taking your societal frustrations out on eBay sellers. :?

Yes, ebay sellers are people in general too. If one guy makes an extra $1.50 on each transaction because he ships in PWE but receives all positive feedback, what is to stop the guy who sends the "correct" way and breaks even or maybe even loses slightly on shipping to start sending via PWE. I guess it makes sense in my head that if you allow one person to get away with poor service then others will not have any reason to offer the better service. Obviously I'm not explaining it right since you aren't following my logic.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Musial Collector said:
Wait wait wait. I am confused now. So it is ok to leave low dsrs for how you feel a seller should package something but it is not ok to leave low dsrs for not mentioning creases in a card? This makes no sense.
sportscardtheory said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
How does someone learn to have better standards if they never receive honest feedback?

Low DSRs. I'm talking about leaving neutral and negative feedback for receiving undamaged cards not shipped "how you wanted them to be shipped". Obviously, the DSRs should be used for what they are intended.

Dude, seriously? I am so done "discussing" (receiving insults) that with you.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Tomlinson21RB said:
sportscardtheory said:

Yes, ebay sellers are people in general too. If one guy makes an extra $1.50 on each transaction because he ships in PWE but receives all positive feedback, what is to stop the guy who sends the "correct" way and breaks even or maybe even loses slightly on shipping to start sending via PWE. I guess it makes sense in my head that if you allow one person to get away with poor service then others will not have any reason to offer the better service. Obviously I'm not explaining it right since you aren't following my logic.

Levels... LEVELS, people. This can be handled with the DSRs and/or a mention in the feedback, there is no need to leave neutral/negative feedback if you receive a card with no complaint other than "It came in an envelope." That is my point.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
sportscardtheory said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
sportscardtheory said:

Levels... LEVELS, people. This can be handled with the DSRs, there is no need to leave neutral/negative feedback if you receive a card with no complaint other than "It came in an envelope." That is my point.

So then "in your theory" what is the point of feedback? If I'm not happy with the way the transaction went why should I leave positive feedback?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Why are people bringing up the cost of shipping? That has nothing to do with this thread. I don't care if the package was delivered for $3.00, $2.50, $1,00, or for free, if the seller did not take the time to carefully package the cards that I bought in a bubble mailer, thus greatly increasing the chances that the cards could be damaged, I am not going to reward him with a possitive feedback. If you issue a possitive feedback in this instance, you are essentially condoning that shipping practice, by saying that it is okay since you recieved your card(s) in the described condition. Just my $.02

If you want to talk about cost of shipping, that is another topic.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
sportscardtheory said:

Levels... LEVELS, people. This can be handled with the DSRs, there is no need to leave neutral/negative feedback if you receive a card with no complaint other than "It came in an envelope." That is my point.

So then "in your theory" what is the point of feedback? If I'm not happy with the way the transaction went why should I leave positive feedback?

Are you serious? DSRs and a mention in the feedback is perfect. What you are implying, is that it would be okay for me to leave negative feedback if the card was not in a team bag inside a top-loader... because I think it is the best way to ship. Riiight.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
bballcardkid said:
Why are people bringing up the cost of shipping? That has nothing to do with this thread. I don't care if the package was delivered for $3.00, $2.50, $1,00, or for free, if the seller did not take the time to carefully package the cards that I bought in a bubble mailer, thus greatly increasing the chances that the cards could be damaged, I am not going to reward him with a possitive feedback. If you issue a possitive feedback in this instance, you are essentially condoning that shipping practice, by saying that it is okay since you recieved your card(s) in the described condition. Just my $.02

If you want to talk about cost of shipping, that is another topic.

The bottom line is without calling out sellers for improperly packaging a card it'll continue to happen.

You can't really "punish" a seller either solely on their stars unless they loose power seller status.

On eBay, shipping sports cards in bubble mailers should be the absolute minimum as far as I'm concerned.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:

Are you serious? DSRs and a mention in the feedback is perfect. What you are implying, is that it would be okay for me to leave negative feedback if the card was not in a team bag inside a top-loader... because I think it is the best way to ship. Riiight.

Once again, who reads positive feedback? Leaving a neutral is justified if a seller gouges you and jeopardizes the card you bought with cheap shipping. Oh yeah, I would ding their DSRs as well. At this point, with the lengths you've gone to arguing for sellers shipping in PWEs leads me to believe you're one of them.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:

Once again, who reads positive feedback? Leaving a neutral is justified if a seller gouges you and jeopardizes the card you bought with cheap shipping. Oh yeah, I would ding their DSRs as well. At this point, with the lengths you've gone to arguing for sellers shipping in PWEs leads me to believe you're one of them.

Wrong, again.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:

Wrong, again.

Again? I didn't realize I was wrong a first time.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
I will never leave positive feedback for someone who ships in a PWE unless I knew about it before I purchased the card.

Plain and Simple.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
You can attempt to justify it any number of ways, but it's my humble opinion that there is absolutely no excuse for charging over $2 for shipping and not sending in a bubble mailer.

If I can ship in a BRAND NEW penny sleeve, toploader, teambag, 2 pieces of cardboard, and bubble mailer with delivery confirmation for $2.49: then the people charging me $3-5 for s&h damn well better be able to do something similar.

I also don't want to hear anything about time, gas, work, family problems, etc. If you are selling sports cards on eBay, you should know what you are doing, period. I highly doubt most sellers go to the P.O. with 1 envelope every time somebody buys something.

The OP was completely in the right to do what he did. I don't think a neg or neutral is called for if the card arrives safely, but mentioning it in feedback and leaving a low DSR for s&h is completely justified.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:
sportscardtheory said:
ru4scuba said:

Wrong, again.

Again? I didn't realize I was wrong a first time.

If people want to be petty, nit-picky and judgmental of people they don't even know, about an issue that is so UNBELIEVABLY trite, then I guess that's how it will be. I ship in a bubble mailer every SINGLE time, and I am still not so arrogant as to possibly affect other's eBay standings to prove some trite point about shipping standards. There are FAR worse things going on on eBay to leave negative or neautral feedbacks over, to lump in people that simply don't follow the non-existent shipping guidelines is completely LAME.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
chashawk said:
You can attempt to justify it any number of ways, but it's my humble opinion that there is absolutely no excuse for charging over $2 for shipping and not sending in a bubble mailer.

If I can ship in a BRAND NEW penny sleeve, toploader, teambag, 2 pieces of cardboard, and bubble mailer with delivery confirmation for $2.49: then the people charging me $3-5 for s&h damn well better be able to do something similar.

I also don't want to hear anything about time, gas, work, family problems, etc. If you are selling sports cards on eBay, you should know what you are doing, period. I highly doubt most sellers go to the P.O. with 1 envelope every time somebody buys something.

The OP was completely in the right to do what he did. I don't think a neg or neutral is called for if the card arrives safely, but mentioning it in feedback and leaving a low DSR for s&h is completely justified.

I agree, and this is my entire point.

Members online

Latest posts