Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Im I wrong for leaving this kind of EBAY feedback on a card?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
sportscardtheory, you obviosuly dont understand the point of feedback.

The point of feedback is to provide your experience to the transaction. If you feel it was a positive experience, you leave positve feedback. Neutral experience, you leave neutral feedback. If you believe it was a bad transaction, you leave negetive feedback. Only one person knows how you feel about the transaction and that is yourself. So obviously only 1 person can leave REAL feedback. Being too scared to leave feedback because of retrubution, becuase of others opinions or because of what the other party might think is not part of the equation and is not real feedback.

You are entitled to leave anytype of feedback you feel is true from your experience with that particular transaction.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Why does the guy even care? You left him a positive. That comment will buried and gone within a couple days i am sure.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
Kutzy said:

The point of feedback is to provide your experience to the transaction. If you feel it was a positive experience, you leave positve feedback. Neutral experience, you leave neutral feedback. If you believe it was a bad transaction, you leave negetive feedback. Only one person knows how you feel about the transaction and that is yourself. So obviously only 1 person can leave REAL feedback. Being too scared to leave feedback because of retrubution, becuase of others opinions or because of what the other party might think is not part of the equation and is not real feedback.

You are entitled to leave anytype of feedback you feel is true from your experience with that particular transaction.

AAAAAjIgV7EAAAAAAQMYSw.png

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Kutzy said:

I understand completely, but maybe you should read this again - "If people want to be petty, nit-picky and judgmental of people they don't even know, about an issue that is so UNBELIEVABLY trite, then I guess that's how it will be. I ship in a bubble mailer every SINGLE time, and I am still not so arrogant as to possibly affect other's eBay standings to prove some trite point about shipping standards. There are FAR worse things going on on eBay to leave negative or neutral feedbacks over, to lump in people that simply don't follow the non-existent shipping guidelines is completely LAME."

I understand what feedback is for, that's why I would never leave neutral or negative feedback for receiving something in the desired condition in an envelope. I reserve neutrals and negatives for people that actually deserve them like the ones that steal from me, or take two months to ship without contact, or sellers who refuse to give a refund when it is warranted and so on. You know, the people who DESERVE to have their eBay accounts compromised???

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
With some of the comments posted I am surprised the "what is your eBay id so I can block you" card has not been played. :lol:

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
sportscardtheory said:
Kutzy said:

I understand completely, but maybe you should read this again - "If people want to be petty, nit-picky and judgmental of people they don't even know, about an issue that is so UNBELIEVABLY trite, then I guess that's how it will be. I ship in a bubble mailer every SINGLE time, and I am still not so arrogant as to possibly affect other's eBay standings to prove some trite point about shipping standards. There are FAR worse things going on on eBay to leave negative or neutral feedbacks over, to lump in people that simply don't follow the non-existent shipping guidelines is completely LAME."

I understand what feedback is for, that's why I would never leave neutral or negative feedback for receiving something in the desired condition in an envelope. I reserve neutrals and negatives for people that actually deserve them like the ones that steal from me, or take two months to ship without contact, or sellers who refuse to give a refund when it is warranted and so on. You know, the people who DESERVE to have their eBay accounts compromised???

Once again, that is YOUR opinion on what a neutral or negative transaction. Unless you can read everyones mind on ebay, theirs may or may not differ from yours.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Kutzy said:
sportscardtheory said:

Once again, that is YOUR opinion on what a neutral or negative transaction. Unless you can read everyones mind on ebay, theirs may or may not differ from yours.

But... we are discussing it right here right now, that is why I am posting my opinions. I know people will do what they will do, but the arrogance of some on these boards is quite entertaining (I'm not talking about you). "I know how to ship correctly, so I will punish all those who don't follow the invisible guidelines I have created." ::facepalm:: lol

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
sportscardtheory said:
But... we are discussing it right here right now, that is why I am posting my opinions. I know people will do what they will do, but the arrogance of some on these boards is quite entertaining (I'm not talking about you). "I know how to ship correctly, so I will punish all those who don't do it like me." ::facepalm:: lol

That there's an understandable difference between "good" shipping and "bad" shipping is even more of a reason to differentiate when leaving positive, neutral, and negative feeback in PWE situations.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Musial Collector said:
Wait wait wait. I am confused now. So it is ok to leave low dsrs for how you feel a seller should package something but it is not ok to leave low dsrs for not mentioning creases in a card? This makes no sense.
sportscardtheory said:
Tomlinson21RB said:
How does someone learn to have better standards if they never receive honest feedback?

Low DSRs. I'm talking about leaving neutral and negative feedback for receiving undamaged cards not shipped "how you wanted them to be shipped". Obviously, the DSRs should be used for what they are intended.

If the seller had a clear photo of a PWE showing how he was going to ship it, just like there was a clear photo of the card creased in question, then the buyer would be just as ignorant as the last one.

I'm still baffled as to how this is beyond your comprehention and how you fruitlessly are STILL trying to fight this..

:lol:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Kutzy said:
I will never leave positive feedback for someone who ships in a PWE unless I knew about it before I purchased the card.

Plain and Simple.

So if someone ships for free-$1.50, and sends WELL PROTECTED in a PWE, you automatically leave a Neg or Neutral?
That seems really short-sighted to me.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
chashawk said:
Kutzy said:
I will never leave positive feedback for someone who ships in a PWE unless I knew about it before I purchased the card.

Plain and Simple.

So if someone ships for free-$1.50, and sends WELL PROTECTED in a PWE, you automatically leave a Neg or Neutral?

I never said I left them neutral or negative. I simply wont leave feedback. If they push me to leave feedback I would leave neutral however I will tell them before I actually do.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Kutzy said:
chashawk said:
Kutzy said:

Plain and Simple.

I never said I left them neutral or negative. I simply wont leave feedback. If they push me to leave feedback I would leave neutral however I will tell them before I actually do.

Seriously? Someone ships for FREE, and you wouldn't leave them any feedback at all?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Seems like I say this every month: Feedback is meaningless.

My most sincere apologies to sellers who take extra care to treat their customers right, but the protection offered by a good reputation has been replaced by protection by Paypal.

Ebay is not the community some would like it to be or what Ebay would like you to think it is.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008
chashawk said:
Kutzy said:
chashawk said:
Kutzy said:

Plain and Simple.

Seriously? Someone ships for FREE, and you wouldn't leave them any feedback at all?
If they send in a PWE, that is correct. I was never given the option to accept the card is a much safer manner then they failed as far as I am concerned. IF they mentioned they were shipping free in a PWE then thats a different story. When I see someone selling a card with free shipping its to promote their card via ebay and to get a bigger discount on the FVF, its not because they are shipping via PWE.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
flightposite said:
A. Shipping and handling is an agreed upon amount at the time you place your bid.

B. If the item arrives safely and in good condition, the method of shipment matters not at all.

Bubble mailers are the standard now. The PWE will get you appropriate feedback. The PWE is an invite to damaged cards.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Musial Collector said:
With some of the comments posted I am surprised the "what is your eBay id so I can block you" card has not been played. :lol:

Here...just block me and it will make everyone feel better!

Seriously though...the point is if you do feel you have been wronged in some way or are not happy about something then you mention it.I don't like going to HEB because they never have the kind of skoal I want.I will mention it to my neighbors or friends who dip as well but I still have an overall positive experience so I really don't worry about it.Now if I go and they are out of everything I like or everybody who works there is a ****** bag...yeah I will not go back and I will spread the word.

Feedback on ebay is the same exact thing in my opinion.I just had two cards that came in a pwe and a bubble mailer.Both were broke.I am upset.But in both cases its because a toploader was not used.Granted it was sportlots but in any case...if I receive what I paid for I leave a positive and then go to the star ratings for the rest.I never worry about shipping charges unless I get charged what I feel is over and beyond what it should take.I understand a lot of sellers are pocketing money on every shipping charge no matter what but the point is they still have to go find the card, package it and get it out and it does take time away from them and I understand I am paying for that time so I am not going to hash it over that.But if I get charged $5 to ship and the thing is not quick getting to me and I see it is not protected properly I just leave a low star rating and call it a day.Really...neutrals and negs should be left for things that go wrong.Stars are for when you received what you wanted in the right condition but the service could have been a little better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts