Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting way for a seller to leave negative feedback.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Couple things

1. 33 posts were made and apparent opinions formed before ANYONE besides the OP got to see the auction in question. There was a lot of aggrandizing of people's own opinoins.

2. I looked at the auction, and I can't see where the card's picture was doctored. It may well have been, but until we see visual proof of a hidden defect, again, there's a lot of baseless claims and opinions being tossed about.

3. The seller's actions after he was informed he would be hit with a less-than-positive were scummy, but he was clearly never offered a chance to rectify the situation (again, this assumes that the photo fraud did actually occur, which hasn't been proven yet).

The seller certainly screwed the pooch on the listing. Auto in the title and description and putting GEM MINT 10 in the description. But Jeff knew EXACTLY what he was getting. Giving the guy neutral feedback, without letting him remedy the situation, because of an imperfection on the card, when he knew it wasn't even supposed to be mint, seems ridiculous to me. I mean is he seriously so mad that GMA might have under-graded the card by a grade that he is going to "take it out" on the seller. That's just my opinion. I don't know why everyone gets so upset when people state their opinions on here. I wasn't attacking anyone like some were attacking me.

Last edited:

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
The seller certainly screwed the pooch on the listing. Auto in the title and description and putting GEM MINT 10 in the description. But Jeff knew EXACTLY what he was getting. Giving the guy neutral feedback, without letting him remedy the situation, because of an imperfection on the card, when he knew it wasn't even supposed to be mint, seems ridiculous to me. I mean is he seriously so mad that GMA might have under-graded the card by a grade that he is going to "take it out" on the seller. That's just my opinion. I don't know why everyone gets so upset when people state their opinions on here. I wasn't attacking anyone like some were attacking me.

Heard of "it must have flew over your head". But how does stuff fly over your head when it's hitting you right on the forehead?

He wasn't expecting a mint or gem card. He just wanted THE card as pictured. Shouldn't have mentioned anything about feedback in his replies though.

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
From looking at the scan in the auction it looks like maybe the top left corner is creased, but I certainly can't say for sure. Thats' just a guess.
Jeff, when are you putting up a scan to show that the picture was doctored?
I (and others I assume) understand the point you're trying to make regarding feedback, but surely you had to know that the entire transaction was going to be scrutinized.
I'm of the opinion that there were way too many red flags with this particular auction to bid without asking for clarification to begin with.
If you don't want to get dirty, stay out of the mud.
I look forward to seeing the proof of doctoring.
David

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
1. I don't know why I'm doing this.
2. I don't give a flying XXXX whether you think I was going to leave the right feedback as neutral FB or not.
3. I didn't leave any feedback due to the point I made, when I posted this message, trying to help YOU.
4. The original:

origin_zps845f4863.jpg

Notice that across the top of the picture, there is an interesting shading thing going on.

5. In hand:

20130117_233935_zpsec5d3d67.jpg

Top border, right hand side, above bat. It's worse than it is in the picture. It's an obvious defect and should have been mentioned.

6. The seller is an ******* for retaliatory purchasing and implied threats.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I do agree with you that it should have been mentioned in the auction. The other side of me is agreeing with the seller because the card appears to be an 8.5

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
I do agree with you that it should have been mentioned in the auction. The other side of me is agreeing with the seller because the card appears to be an 8.5

With all due respect, no one asked you. Or anyone. Whether I left a negative, positive, or neutral was my decision; I don't want anyone's advice, nor did I ask for anyone's advice. If you think I'm wrong for wanting to leave a neutral for a deceptive listing, I really don't care! It's my decision - I wasted my $10 on this POS card I have that right. So long as it is not in retaliation, not slanderous, and truthful, I can leave whatever feedback I damn well please.

If you'll excuse me, I need to see a man about a fishtank.

Last edited:

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
Might as well take the guy to small claims court for all he's worth since you were obviously misled and now he's bought something so you can face off, if and when you neg him.

The guy may not still be aware he's getting ripped a new one because he didn't do dilligence in checking to see if a $10 card was in perfect, super duper condition in the off chance someone might actually want it.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
With all due respect, no one asked you. Or anyone. Whether I left a negative, positive, or neutral was my decision; I don't want anyone's advice, nor did I ask for anyone's advice. If you think I'm wrong for wanting to leave a neutral for a deceptive listing, I really don't care! It's my decision - I wasted my $10 on this POS card I have that right. So long as it is not in retaliation, not slanderous, and truthful, I can leave whatever feedback I damn well please.

Jeff man take a lude, I have not said a frickin word about feedback in this thread. It looks like a XXXXing 8.5 to me. I don't know why your ******* are in a bind.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Might as well take the guy to small claims court for all he's worth since you were obviously misled and now he's bought something so you can face off, if and when you neg him.

The guy may not still be aware he's getting ripped a new one because he didn't do dilligence in checking to see if a $10 card was in perfect, super duper condition in the off chance someone might actually want it.

He's getting ripped a new one because he purchased an item from me with the direct intent to leave me a negative if I did the same to him.

I don't give a XXXX about the condition of the card. It's a $10 card. Don't really care. It's a beer and a tip; it's not going to make or break me. It's rather immature to say what you said, and I expected better of you.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Buying another card for "protection" is not something I would consider doing as it involves deceit, but I know I'd be really annoyed if I was in the seller's shoes. The card that you bought was graded, and the condition it is in fits what can reasonably be expected for an off-brand 8.5. Still, he offered you a complete refund because you were unhappy, but because you decided you preferred the card, you chose to decline it. Further, I am not convinced the scan was touched up. The picture shows no "refractoring" so it could be the way the picture was taken. I know you don't care about my opinion on this issue, but enough people have expressed the other side of the story, so I wanted to share a different perspective.

Edit: Knowing the grade, would you have preferred some other form of damage (dinged corner, rough edges etc.) because as an off-brand 8.5 you had to know that there was something pretty imperfect about the card...

Last edited:

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Don't go see a man about a fishtank, I think you should see your wife about maybe giving you some secks because that ^^^ right there is some pent up frustration lol

hive17

Aug 7, 2008

You know how you can avoid people advice and input that you don't want? Don't post stuff on an open message board.

I'm on your side about the eBay transaction for the most part (I might not have been so quick to leave the feedback you were going to for just this reason). But you're losing everyone by getting upset that there are contrary opinions to yours that you tacticly asked for by starting this thread.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
origin_zps845f4863.jpg

Notice that across the top of the picture, there is an interesting shading thing going on.

In my experience, 8 times out of 10, when a seller shows a scan this way instead of head-on, he or she has something to hide. It's not that difficult to show off a card front and center.

Last edited:

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
A guy I bought several cards from last year made a new user name just in order to buy a card from me and leave me a neg because I left him negs last year. Is there a way I can contact Ebay to have the negative removed from my account?

Latest posts