Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is eBay seller esthelyn29 a member on here? What an $@$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
jdacunha said:
Just got this from him:

Q: are you threat me?i dont have 100% ++feedback because a buyer like you,you never contact me.....the auction is clear payment in 24 hours is been 3 days go ahead i will fight the feedback and i will leave you a strike.....you dont contact me and when i ask you you threat me......looser......

First off the auction ended Sunday night...24 hours would have been last night. At the earliest he would have been able to ship it out now. I just paid him...so he can't give me a strike can he?

No way. The only way you would get a strike is if after 14 days you don't pay for the item. I would just pay right now, expect him to issue a refund and leave appropriate feedback after he does. eBay looks out for buyers, not the other way around.

Not true.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
wideright said:
sportscardtheory said:
wideright said:
Wait, so you guys think you can dictate the seller's terms post-sale? Or set your own if you think the end price isn't very much or you didn't read the terms close enough? Really? You fail to follow through on your contractual agreement and THEY are wrong for being impatient for their money that you agreed to pay?? Wow. ::facepalm::

Actually, every seller is under eBay's guidelines. Those are the ones I follow, because they are the only ones that matter in the end. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
Right, right. That makes it all better. I get it. Not your responsibility, it's the seller's fault for not following ebay guidelines.

Well I'm glad you see the reality of it. If you sell on eBay, you are under their blanket. You can't just make up your own rules. I'm not even saying it's right, but it's simply a fact that that's how it is.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
jdacunha said:
Just got this from him:

Q: are you threat me?i dont have 100% ++feedback because a buyer like you,you never contact me.....the auction is clear payment in 24 hours is been 3 days go ahead i will fight the feedback and i will leave you a strike.....you dont contact me and when i ask you you threat me......looser......

First off the auction ended Sunday night...24 hours would have been last night. At the earliest he would have been able to ship it out now. I just paid him...so he can't give me a strike can he?

it just some stupid kid look at his grammar. he says that you cant pay and if you dont pay he leaves a strike ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: . I think he is the looser

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:
jdacunha said:
Just got this from him:

No way. The only way you would get a strike is if after 14 days you don't pay for the item. I would just pay right now, expect him to issue a refund and leave appropriate feedback after he does. eBay looks out for buyers, not the other way around.

Not true.

They have to prove that you didn't pay to be able to give a strike, and if you payed with PayPal, there's your proof. I have been in similar situations. You must not have shown eBay that you payed. How could you get a non-payer strike if you did in fact pay? It doesn't make sense.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
wideright said:
Wait, so you guys think you can dictate the seller's terms post-sale? Or set your own if you think the end price isn't very much or you didn't read the terms close enough? Really? You fail to follow through on your contractual agreement and THEY are wrong for being impatient for their money that you agreed to pay?? Wow. ::facepalm::

i don't have a problem paying him. I didn't even read the 24 hour thing. it's been 36-40 hours since auction end...give me a break
You can't justify it because its your own fault. Call me old fashioned but I believe in accepting responsibility rather than pointing the finger at everyone else.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
He just refunded my money lol:

eBay Jun-23-09 at 07:34:36 PDT

This case has been opened by the seller with the following reason: We were unable to resolve a disagreement over terms.
Additional information provided by the seller: the auction was loud and clear 24 hours to make payment,...no payment no contact for 3 days,then
threat me

What should I do?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:
jdacunha said:
Just got this from him:

Not true.

They have to prove that you didn't pay to be able to give a strike, and if you payed with PayPal, there's your proof. I have been in similar situations. You must not have shown eBay that you payed. How could you get a non-payer strike if you did in fact pay? It doesn't make sense.

Not in the alotted time denoted by the auctions details.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
jdacunha said:
He just refunded my money lol:

eBay Jun-23-09 at 07:34:36 PDT

This case has been opened by the seller with the following reason: We were unable to resolve a disagreement over terms.
Additional information provided by the seller: the auction was loud and clear 24 hours to make payment,...no payment no contact for 3 days,then
threat me

What should I do?

Nothing, you can't receive the item now. But you can leave feedback... just explain the situation without being rude or vulgar. This exact situation JUST happened to me and I left feedback stating the seller was very impatient and has terrible communication.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:
wideright said:
sportscardtheory said:
wideright said:

Actually, every seller is under eBay's guidelines. Those are the ones I follow, because they are the only ones that matter in the end. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
Right, right. That makes it all better. I get it. Not your responsibility, it's the seller's fault for not following ebay guidelines.

I hope you don't fall off that high horse you rode in on.
Oh brother.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
wideright said:
jdacunha said:
wideright said:

i don't have a problem paying him. I didn't even read the 24 hour thing. it's been 36-40 hours since auction end...give me a break
You can't justify it because its your own fault. Call me old fashioned but I believe in accepting responsibility rather than pointing the finger at everyone else.

The MLB has a set of rules that govern all teams. The Red Sox can't just make their own rules to only allow the other team to have 2 outs per inning when the MLB says 3 outs are allowed.

Ebay has a set of rules that govern all sellers. This seller can't just make their own rules that only allow 24 hours to pay for their auctions when Ebay says 7 days are allowed.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

But you paid. In the Resolution, it asks you to provide payment info, if you provide it, you can't get a strike. How long ago did this happen?

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Hate to tell you this, but you will get a strike for this. Ebay has somewhat of a new policy on this.....

If the seller clearly states that he expects payment within 24 hours or 3 days or 7 days, and you win the auction and dont abide by those terms then ebay will rule in favor of the seller.

I recieved a strike under similar circumstances as well about a month ago where seller wanted payment within 48 hours and I paid like 4 days. Seller opened the claim on day 7, refunded my money on day 14 and gave me a strike. I called ebay and complained and they told me they could not remove the strike because I did not abide by the terms. However, they did agree that seller should not have held my money for 14 days, but that was not an ebay issue.

As a seller I think this is great.....because I get people that take forever to pay, and now I know ebay will stand behind me if I want to relist after 3 days and I can refund the money.

TK

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

But you paid. In the Resolution, it asks you to provide payment info, if you provide it, you can't get a strike. How long ago did this happen?

Not true, ebay will not remove a strike if you paid after the date that is stipulated in the auction. You bid on the item which means you agree to the sellers terms in the auction. It is not ebays fault or the sellers fault if you just bid and didnt read the auction.

TK

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
sportscardtheory said:
EricInCT said:
sportscardtheory said:

Over a year ago.....I received an email stating that I did not follow the payment instructions outlined in the description and the strike stands.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Not true, ebay will not remove a strike if you paid after the date that is stipulated in the auction. You bid on the item which means you agree to the sellers terms in the auction. It is not ebays fault or the sellers fault if you just bid and didnt read the auction.

TK

I guess they have a "new" policy then. Although, I haven't seen it happen that way yet.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
24 hours would have been last night. I paid him at 10:30am the following morning...give me a break. that is BS if I get a strike.

Wes

OG
Administrator
jdacunha said:
24 hours would have been last night. I paid him at 10:30am the following morning...give me a break. that is BS if I get a strike.

Bottom line you didn't read it. It's one thing if he changed his terms after the fact - but that isn't the case. Nobody to blame but yourself in this case, just be glad it didn't cost you any money.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
jdacunha said:

Honestly, that is pretty harsh and I would have allowed it as a seller, but maybe this person was going to be leaving town or something and had to have payment within that time frame.

I bet if you had contacted them and told them that you would have paid the following morning they would have been ok with it.

Doesnt sound like there is much you can do at this point if they have refunded payment, relisted card, and intend to file the Strike...

TK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts