Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is eBay seller esthelyn29 a member on here? What an $@$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
give me a break. what loser needs $31 after an auction ends? I misread the auction and paid him as soon as he emailed me. this card/ebay this is really getting on my nerves and I am ready to sell all my cards.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
LLWesMan said:
jdacunha said:
24 hours would have been last night. I paid him at 10:30am the following morning...give me a break. that is BS if I get a strike.

Bottom line you didn't read it. It's one thing if he changed his terms after the fact - but that isn't the case. Nobody to blame but yourself in this case, just be glad it didn't cost you any money.

I guess the only thing that would comfort me is the fact that I could neg this impatient tool if he let me get a strike even though I paid... and I HATE dropping negatives.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
If you get a strike dont even bother showing proof of payment if the seller has 24hr terms in his listing. Just appeal saying something like "Me so sorry." I guarantee it gets reversed. If you never had a strike before they will automatically reverse it when you appeal.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
jdacunha said:
give me a break. what loser needs $31 after an auction ends? I misread the auction and paid him as soon as he emailed me. this card/ebay this is really getting on my nerves and I am ready to sell all my cards.

Don't worry about it. You can neg him if he opens and wins the non-payment dispute. If I were him, I wouldn't trade you getting a strike for a neg of my own.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
well i paid him again. I told him to let me know what his intentions are and that i would leave a negative if he didn't ship the card out. is it really worth a negative to a seller?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
jdacunha said:
well i paid him again. I told him to let me know what his intentions are and that i would leave a negative if he didn't ship the card out. is it really worth a negative to a seller?

I would have left it alone... now you just pushed his buttons even more.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
sportscardtheory said:
jdacunha said:

I would have left it alone... now you just pushed his buttons even more.

Well I am soooo sorry if I hurt his feelings by paying him again. If he sent me a friendly reminder that payment was due even in 1 hour, I would have paid.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
You cant threaten negative feedback through email. If you did I hope you did it from your personal email and not through ebay messages. I am not sure what the penalty is (if any), but if he sends ebay a copy of the message with headers ebay will file a report against you.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
jdacunha said:

Well, that is your decision, but it really isnt the sellers fault and there is obviously some reason why the seller needed the payment within 24 hours......maybe he is just sick of people not paying on time or taking forever to pay......

My question would be, if he didnt email you, when exactly were you going to send the payment. You said you paid right after he emailed you. So why not have just paid right away when you won the auction....why wait. That probably didnt sit too well with him either that he had to contact you to find out why you were not abiding by his terms in the auction, only to have you send payment over after the fact.

TK

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
jdacunha said:

That will almost certainly get you a nice ebay time-out for threatening negative feedback and since you already pissed him off, he will more than likely forward your email over to ebay as well.

TK

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
Just got this from him:

Q: are you threat me?i dont have 100% ++feedback because a buyer like you,you never contact me.....the auction is clear payment in 24 hours is been 3 days go ahead i will fight the feedback and i will leave you a strike.....you dont contact me and when i ask you you threat me......looser......

First off the auction ended Sunday night...24 hours would have been last night. At the earliest he would have been able to ship it out now. I just paid him...so he can't give me a strike can he?

Wrong. :?

I'm not sure what occurred in your incident Eric but this is fully incorrect (the buyer has 7 day's to pay for the item before a NPB claim can go through, that is how Ebay works & that is how it has been for a very long time). Even if the seller refund's payment they still cannot win in the case of an NPB strike, as all the buyer has to do is verify to Ebay that payment was made. Ebay goes by thier guideline's, not the seller's (early on in my participation on Ebay, about 8-9 year's ago, I was informed on several account's by the Ebay personnel that Ebay's guideline's override that of any seller's guideline's if they contradict eachother & though I was furious at the time I basically have grown to understand that by accepting thier user agreement & by using thier site, I must follow thier rule's, regulation's, & guideline's- basically if one doesn't like the rule's or how it is being run then don't use it, & if you do use it, don't bitch & moan when something occur's that was forseeable or expected)! :D

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
The biggest news out of all of this is that a seller's stipulations for payment in the auction description override what I thought were iron-clad rules from eBay.

This guy obviously has problems and is a bit of an impatient tool, but I guess he's right in this situation. It sucks, because i may have done the same exact thing you did.

Just try and call eBay, on the phone, and see what the real truth is at this point. For as much coverage they give the seller here, they sit hold the hand and kiss the ass of every buyer. They won't take any action against this guy, but you might be able to cover yourself.

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
What I never get is that some sellers would rather go through all the trouble of refunding your money, filing a complaint with ebay, relisting the the card etc... instead of just accepting the payment and mailing the card. You should have read the description and followed through but some sellers just seem to want to have conflicts on ebay.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Interesting situation.

To be perfectly honest, its not really your concern why he needed payment in 24 hours. Whether its $31 or $31000. Doesnt matter. Its irrelevant!

He clearly stated what his expectations were regarding that transaction and you didnt abide by them. Yes Ebay has guidelines, but its more or less just to govern the whole system.
Albeit IMO sometimes they do quite a crappy job at it, LOL!

I dont really think the seller did anything wrong in this case, and unfortunately, whether you missed the part about teh payment or not, it kind of falls on your shoulders. You chose to bid so you basically accepted whatever terms the seller set.

I dont really know exactly why your complaining. It was your choice to do business with him. He clearly states what he expects, and your ignorance/failure to read the auction/payment description is no excuse.

Is it a bit stingy? Yeah maybe. But he let everyone know that beforehand!

Also, I wouldnt have pressed the issue any longer by processing payment again.
Your just antagonizing him at that point. Although I am sure you want the card, I think at this point you are just trying to put him in his place.

Pick your battles my friend.
The time and agravation you will invest in this issue now has multiplied and its not worth it.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
JDAchuna, I think you did the right thing by paying (though you probably shouldn't have given him notice that you'd neg him, as that can bite ya in the arse if he reports it- especially since Ebay will now remove your neg if he does report it). Either way though you had to pay, otherwise he'd nail you! You're doing okay so far, now just try & keep a positive attitude no matter how he/she replies & things may go smoothly (you'll at least get a refund through Paypal, so you won't be out any $$$...though I'd record yourself openning that package once/if it is received as it may be empty & you want to have proof for a Paypal dispute). Good Luck bud, Dave. :D

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
another reply from him:

LOOK,i dont CARE,read DONT care....the issue is not money i will reenlist it,or send a second offer .....THE ISSUE DUDE is you ATTITUDE,you threat me because i sent you a email telling you that i not longer accept the payment,you dont even contact me until you read the email that i sent you.......you dont know if the seller count with the money,so all the plant i have for yesterday you spoil it because you dont read and pay attention to detail.....and for the neg. feedback ,...dont going to kill me.....is just something you write,i will block you if you try to bet on my gold and orange jeff samal.....refractor,thank you
hide

my reply:
If you had sent me a message yesterday, I would have paid you on the spot. I bid on 10+ auctions a day, I don't have the time to remember if a seller wants payment within 24 hours. I typically pay within 2 days of the auction ending. I have never heard of a seller wanting payment within 24 hours. I am not threatening you with a negative, but any seller that does not ship out an item after a buyer paid within 36 hours does deserve a negative. I am going to call eBay later tonight and do whatever they suggest.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
jdacunha said:
another reply from him:

LOOK,i dont CARE,read DONT care....the issue is not money i will reenlist it,or send a second offer .....THE ISSUE DUDE is you ATTITUDE,you threat me because i sent you a email telling you that i not longer accept the payment,you dont even contact me until you read the email that i sent you.......you dont know if the seller count with the money,so all the plant i have for yesterday you spoil it because you dont read and pay attention to detail.....and for the neg. feedback ,...dont going to kill me.....is just something you write,i will block you if you try to bet on my gold and orange jeff samal.....refractor,thank you
hide

my reply:
If you had sent me a message yesterday, I would have paid you on the spot. I bid on 10+ auctions a day, I don't have the time to remember if a seller wants payment within 24 hours. I typically pay within 2 days of the auction ending. I have never heard of a seller wanting payment within 24 hours. I am not threatening you with a negative, but any seller that does not ship out an item after a buyer paid within 36 hours does deserve a negative. I am going to call eBay later tonight and do whatever they suggest.

can you tell him to use proper english when he talks? really can't understand some things he is saying :?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
jdacunha said:
another reply from him:

hide

my reply:

I guess that's fair, and you're smart to kind of back down on the neg threat. This person is obviously wound too tight for living. You ****** up his plans or something yesterday and now he's pissed.

If this were MY sale and I needed the money so quickly, you can bet your ass I would have made that part of my item description HUGE and stand out from the rest of the body of the description, not look the same as the rest of the description. But, as we've all learned, the bottom line is that you bid on an auction that you didn't fully read the terms of and are in violation of. It's like killing a Scream-a-piller, you wouldn't normally assume there was anything wrong until you got your taint slapped.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
What plans?

If he needs cash, it would take a few days to transfer out anyways, this guy/girl is an idiot, so you paid what, 12 hours after the magical terms ended? Sure technically he is in the right, but s/he is just bitter that it sold so low.

Members online

Latest posts