Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is there really a razor bias on FCB? now with who cares.

well is there or is it all in your head?

• yes-fcb is in the razor bucket and it drives me nuts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Re: is there really a razor bias on FCB?

The issue of Razor's love affair with FCB is totally overblow. I guess if the site owner makes a statement supporting Razor, it means that FCB is completely in love with Razor.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

There is definitely a perceived razor bias here.

I think 90% of the people here would say that I perpetuate that. My intent isn't to pimp razor products, but as someone who wants change in the way prospect cards are produced I am a fan of razor. I think sometimes people read what I say and think it is not genuine. I assure you, and anyone else that may wonder my support of the product they may eventually produce is entirely genuine and not influenced by outside interference at all.

Remember, I was looking for big things from razor before FCB ever existed. They haven't over whelmed me with product yet, but hearing some of the things that they have a company have planned gets me excited about their future product.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

I still think many see Razor as a challenger to "King" Chrome and are more worried about BC loosing popularity. This tends to warp people's feelings. If this were ten years ago Razor would be perceived differently here.

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008

When the board admin is a big fan of course there will be a perception of bias by some. But there are way more razor haters than lovers.

Personally, I think the company is great, and I hope they stick around, but I don't like the cards so I don't own any.

Kutzy

Sep 2, 2008

There is a percieved hate on this board due to the percieved "overlove".

Goes hand in hand.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008

NO

Here's the deal:

Pro-Razor Crowd - defends Razor in the "Razor" threads. I personally do this becuase I like their goals and mission. THE HUGE DIFFERENCE IS THAT IM A HUGE MILB FAN AND A SMALL TIME PROSPECTOR AND I AM A CUSTOMER OF THEIRS. I have personal experience that is positive and I like where they are headed. So, yes, I'll defend them and view them in a positive light.

The Nuetral crowd - just likes cards...may or may not be a customer...really doesn't care about goals, mission statements, and/or sports card politics.

The negative crowd - To me, these are way worse than Pro-Razor crowd. They simply don't like what Razor is doing with the exclusives and non-licensed aspects. Most aren't customers, but they'll take advantage of each and any opportunity to the same questions and make the same comments in every single thread.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota

As gilmore stated above, I think he's the reason we may get a Razor Bias here. In every thread about razor he was defending razor so adamantly that for a while I thought it was his company. Whether he realized it or not, it very much came off as him pimping razor and discouraging anyone who didn't feel the same.

I honestly like what razor is doing, I won't bust any of their product as prospects are no longer my cup of tea. I say if the site creator is head over heels for Razor then yea, FCB is very biased when it comes to Razor and I personally could care less. I think its great that the head of one of these cards companies feels comfertable enough to come down and give us the first glimpse of whats to come next, and take our suggestions on how to make it better.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!

The CEO posts on the boards. Of course there is a bias. If the CEO of Upper Deck posted here you'd find more people loving UD here.

Just because there is a bias doesn't make it a bad thing.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL

I think the biggest bias against Razor is their originality. For that reason, I created a thread containing a presentation of how I think they can overcome this stigma, come draft season.

It's on the Razor boards in case you haven't read it.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008

cgilmo said:
They haven't over whelmed me with product yet, but hearing some of the things that they have a company have planned gets me excited about their future product.

What about thier current products excites you?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

uniquebaseballcards said:
I still think many see Razor as a challenger to "King" Chrome and are more worried about BC loosing popularity. This tends to warp people's feelings. If this were ten years ago Razor would be perceived differently here.

Bowman Chrome losing popularity due to Razor??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only in the stockholders of Razors dreams!!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

Warren of Oz said:
cgilmo said:
They haven't over whelmed me with product yet, but hearing some of the things that they have a company have planned gets me excited about their future product.

What about thier current products excites you?

on card

exclusivity

The other things that I think I will like have not come to the market yet. There is talk about such things in the razor forum, that is open for the vast majority to join. Anyone is welcome to join the razor forum (per request from razor) but it does allow us a way to bounce people if they troll without kicking them off the board as a whole. No one wants to see people banned, especially not me.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008

Russ S. said:
uniquebaseballcards said:

Bowman Chrome losing popularity due to Razor??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only in the stockholders of Razors dreams!!

I think he means the exlusives that Topps couldn't use for BDP. Topps had an out with the Aflac auto's and shorting the print runs...but what will they do in 2009?

BC fans should be happy because the product was consistantly going down hill and only competition can make them try harder.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

I don't think the majority of the people on this board are biased in any way. I think they look at the product as a baseball card product, not as something they should love or hate one way or another before they even know what the product is like. I think that a lot of the negativity comes from Razor being new to the baseball card industry, and the problems that almost inherently come with being new to such an industry.

If all the Razor cards/products were completely perfect, people wouldn't be so negative, but obviously that isn't the case, as there are indeed a lot of complaints.

I personally do not care one way or the other. I do not own any Razor cards, and I don't plan to any time in the near future.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York

Adamsince1981 said:
I think he means the exlusives that Topps couldn't use for BDP.

This exactly right. there are a lot of guys im sad about having to wait for their MLB stuff to come out.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008

ThoseBackPages said:
Adamsince1981 said:
I think he means the exlusives that Topps couldn't use for BDP.

This exactly right. there are a lot of guys im sad about having to wait for their MLB stuff to come out.

On a personal note, I think some of my comments to you in the early goings on of this site were inappropriate. I am sorry, and working on correcting past mistakes by not repeating them.

Members online

Latest posts