Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

January 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
1998 Topps Gallery Players Private Issues 100 Points Paul O'Neill -- First O'Neill pick up of the year. Not typically a card worth posting, but completes the 1998 Gallery run of all point variations 25, 50, 75, and 100 for me. Mainly, I wanted to give thanks to the seller, ksbcards. It was a multi card auction, listed for $1.20 + $2.00 shipping, but I could select two cards. I had picked just one and was okay paying $3.20 for the one I needed. He was kind enough to refund an extra $1.35 without my asking, but more importantly take the time to reach out and message over a small token item.

Thank you again for your purchase. You only picked one card instead of two. They were 60 cents each so I will refund you for the card you didn't pick. Also, S+H on one card is $1.25 and S+H for two cards is $2.00 so I will refund you the difference for that too. Your total refund of $1.35 should be there tomorrow morning. Card was shipped yesterday morning. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Unfortunately we all have bad experiences, but also wanted to shed positive light as on the good sellers out there.

Here is the link if any player collectors can use these:

s-l600.jpg

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
I'm blown away by the generosity of the members here. This time from @gt2590!!! I received a package in the mail today with some Royals cards I didn't have but it also included these two:

2022 Stadium Club blaster exclusive Master Photo of Salvy!
Perez Salvy SC MP.jpg
And, A 2022 Topps Fire Scorching Sigs Salvy Auto #'d 12/25!!!!
Perez Salvy Fire Auto 25.jpg

As Steinbrenner said on Seinfeld I'm Blown Away!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
A pretty large mail day, and of course one of the few days my wife gets the mail!

Start with this 54 Golden Press Stamp Book. Quite a deal with all stamps in tact. The cover is a little worn, but not terrible.

s-l1600-11.jpgs-l1600-12.jpgs-l1600-13.jpg

Seaver, F. Robby (could have featured him as a Dodger too) and Carew Significant Signatures. Seaver 12-29 .jpgs-l1600-5.jpgs-l1600-9.jpg
I got this cheap, used to buy signed cards of vintage players who had great action shots, even if they were not good. Hoping this guy at least does something, like an AS season. That always makes me feel better about an auto pick up. Urbina Tn 12-30.jpg

Once again, I failed to take time to read the description and look at pictures closer, but it was a cheap mistake. $10 for the set, plus s/h. A few are a bit more tattered than I'd prefer, but still way cheaper than the next lowest priced set available. You'd think I would have learned by now. Always in a hurry!!! These are Chaquito slides. Not aware of how they were distributed (with a banana purchase?), early 70s. Neat oddball set. s-l1600-3.jpg

Pretty excited about this, mainly because I have never seen one before. It's a Pinnacle Warren Moon card, signed, showing him as a Viking, but listed as a Seahawk. The back talks about his return to Seattle (where he played at UW in college). Card is unnumbered. I wonder if it was some sort of special card they printed up for him to use as he saw fit. I like stuff like that, if that was the case. s-l1600.jpg

This is it for scans on this post, need to make a part 2. Tough decision on who top split off with the basketball cards, but Bo gets the call to be the last card featured here. Finally landed a Raider Bo autograph. Grumpy about the price, but I told myself I needed to buy one. I know it's Bo, but you'd think he would have cooled by now, since neither sport really worked out to a HOF level. s-l1600-1.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I'm blown away by the generosity of the members here. This time from @gt2590!!! I received a package in the mail today with some Royals cards I didn't have but it also included these two:

2022 Stadium Club blaster exclusive Master Photo of Salvy!
And, A 2022 Topps Fire Scorching Sigs Salvy Auto #'d 12/25!!!!

As Steinbrenner said on Seinfeld I'm Blown Away!
You deserve it my friend. I assume you are equally generous, as I know you hooked me up big time several months back! It's nice to see the giving spirit on these sites, for sure.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Pretty excited about this, mainly because I have never seen one before. It's a Pinnacle Warren Moon card, signed, showing him as a Viking, but listed as a Seahawk. The back talks about his return to Seattle (where he played at UW in college). Card is unnumbered. I wonder if it was some sort of special card they printed up for him to use as he saw fit. I like stuff like that, if that was the case. View attachment 344827

Ah finally my specialized knowledge comes in handy! The Warren Moon autograph is out of 1997 Pinnacle Inside...the "cards in a can." Trent Dilfer was also in the set:
97pinninsideauto.jpg
It's a 28-card set inserted one in every 251 cans so they are pretty tough.

BucCollector

Apr 25, 2012
PXL_20230110_211356273.jpg

eBay pickup, could not be happier with the condition and the price. Easler is one of my PCs and an interesting player to collect because he has at least one of everything - minor league cards, major league cards, Senior League, Japanese, Venezuelan winter league, a Mexican Pacific League sticker, minor league coach cards, minor league manager, major league coach, independent league manager, stickers, tattoos, stamps, scratchoffs, team issued cards, food issues, police, The Wiz, cut autos, relics.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Ah finally my specialized knowledge comes in handy! The Warren Moon autograph is out of 1997 Pinnacle Inside...the "cards in a can." Trent Dilfer was also in the set:
View attachment 344841
It's a 28-card set inserted one in every 251 cans so they are pretty tough.
Cool. Thank you.. I didn't see a number, so assumed it was not part of a set/subset. That was not a popular issue wither, from what I can tell. probably lots of letfover unopened cans out there somewhere.

Will have to look up the checklist. Have never even seen the design before, so missed it completely.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
011123.jpg
2016 Bowman Chrome Draft Blue Refractor Autograph AJ Puk 139/150 - this was a pretty decent card at one point but he's been usually injured so it's dropped a lot. He did spend the whole year with the A's in 2022 but as a reliever. 2006 Upper Deck Special F/X Red Dan Johnson 35/50 - this is the first card I've added from this set in over a year. I still need 11 more. 2003 Playoff Prestige Connections 100 Mulder/Zito 089/100 - this is the first out of the 3 A's cards I've picked up from this set. Not sure if they're sneaky hard to find or I just haven't been looking for them much.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
View attachment 344849

eBay pickup, could not be happier with the condition and the price. Easler is one of my PCs and an interesting player to collect because he has at least one of everything - minor league cards, major league cards, Senior League, Japanese, Venezuelan winter league, a Mexican Pacific League sticker, minor league coach cards, minor league manager, major league coach, independent league manager, stickers, tattoos, stamps, scratchoffs, team issued cards, food issues, police, The Wiz, cut autos, relics.
Would love to see the variety in images someday, if you have it. Love a wide array off oddball stuff from player collections.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Gossage silver Archves. /99Gossage PWE 12-30.jpg

This went fairly cheap. I guess if you are not one of the greats, you are nothing! Looking at his stats though, I guess he wasn't anything all that special special. Had 1 year where he was a passing machine and a few decent ones otherwise. His days in Oakland were short and insignificant (5 for 10 with 57 yards, 2 Interceptions and no TDs), which is why I didn't even know he had been a Raider. My delving into football more lately has me thinking I should do a Raider QB project. I probably have most of them, but sure I am missing more than a few still, especially newer players like Carr.

s-l1600.jpg
Schaub /10

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I had a nice mail day today after something of a lull the last couple weeks.

1995 Leaf Doc Gooden.jpg 1981 Topps Pedro Guerrero.jpg

I had an SGC order come in today after what seemed like an agonizing 16 days door to door.

The '04 CJ Mini Blue completes my run of '04 Cracker Jack Yadi RCs in an SGC 9.5 or 10 (except the 1/1 Mini White of course).
2004 Cracker Jack Mini Blue SGC 9.5.jpg

I've literally opened 20 cases of 1991 Donruss and never pulled a single Elite of any kind so buying this one raw at a show a couple months ago was a no brainer.
L1 - Nolan Ryan Legends.jpg

The '79 Ozzie looked better in pics but they didn't show the surface bubble it has. It's still a great presenting well centered Ozzie though when so many are way off center.
1979 Topps SGC 7.jpg

The '78 Family Fun Center Ozzie is a childhood grail card. They were next to impossible for a kid in Oklahoma to lay his hands on in the 1980s. I don't even remember seeing one in person until I got back into the hobby in 2017. It's got some issues but I'm happy with a 5 because I don't want to lay out $500 for a 7.
1978 Family Fun Centers SGC 5.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Killer. KILLER.jpg

Benito. santiago.jpg
Tanner & Haddix 58T. Have not been buying as many non-certified autos these days. I used to trust my gut fairly well, but fraud and increasing prices has lead me to only consider them occasionally, when the certified counterparts are not available or it's a fun vintage card I have wanted. TANNER.jpgHADDIX.jpg

I have Big O, but he literally signed "Big O" and wanted a full signature. Now there seems to be a boom of full sig Autos hitting the market for him, so maybe a Big O will have some slight premium later. O.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
011323.jpg
2004 Topps Chrome Red X-Fractor Barry Zito gets me within 2 of completing that team set. 2021 Topps Black 26/70 Joakim Soria, still a ways away on that set but I'm working on it this year. 1993 O-Pee-Chee Star Performers Foil Dennis Eckersley...this one slipped under my radar for some reason. 2020 Donruss Optic Holo Sheldon Neuse completes the team set. I'm trying to wrap up a few of the more recent Optic/Prizm/Select parallels this year. Usually just the "base" silver-colored parallel plus another color one from each set if I think it looks nice. Not going after 35 parallels from each set.