Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just finished building my first base set since 1994!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Ha! I can't believe it's been so long! I used to love building sets. Starting in 1978, I was BIG into building sets, since, well, that's what you did with baseball cards! I didn't build every set, but every year that was on my mind to at least try for as long as I could. Wasn't until the mid to late 80's when you could go to card shows, and ACTUALLY TRADE, with anyone and everyone. Those times were the best! I did all sports (including hockey!) up through the early 90's, and then obviously to about 1994 was when the insert craze was really beginning to take hold which changed my focus. 1994 Upper Deck SP Baseball (Arod RC) and 1994 SP Football (Faulk RC) were the last base sets I ever put together...until now!

1998 Topps Tek!! :D
I bought a box in January that put me about 20 cards short, so I decided to go for it with out spending a ton of money! A few members here really helped out, a few on other sites, a few trades, a few buys, a few on COMC, and finally with 3 cards left, I finally succumbed to the crusade and bought the the only "star" I needed- Griffey ( on Ebay for $5 dlvd.) Once i had that in hand, it was down to the last two: Mo Vaughn and Derek Bell.
They came in today!
So, even though it wasn't quite as fun as the "old" days~sitting in front of a computer compared to wandering card shows looking through commons!~ I still had the same old fever...
Sorry, no pictures. It's a stack of cards, none too exciting!
Thanks for the read!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I'd like to build the 1999 tops tek set with all patterns minus the golds of course.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Ha! I can't believe it's been so long! I used to love building sets. Starting in 1978, I was BIG into building sets, since, well, that's what you did with baseball cards! I didn't build every set, but every year that was on my mind to at least try for as long as I could. Wasn't until the mid to late 80's when you could go to card shows, and ACTUALLY TRADE, with anyone and everyone. Those times were the best! I did all sports (including hockey!) up through the early 90's, and then obviously to about 1994 was when the insert craze was really beginning to take hold which changed my focus. 1994 Upper Deck SP Baseball (Arod RC) and 1994 SP Football (Faulk RC) were the last base sets I ever put together...until now!

1998 Topps Tek!! :D
I bought a box in January that put me about 20 cards short, so I decided to go for it with out spending a ton of money! A few members here really helped out, a few on other sites, a few trades, a few buys, a few on COMC, and finally with 3 cards left, I finally succumbed to the crusade and bought the the only "star" I needed- Griffey ( on Ebay for $5 dlvd.) Once i had that in hand, it was down to the last two: Mo Vaughn and Derek Bell.
They came in today!
So, even though it wasn't quite as fun as the "old" days~sitting in front of a computer compared to wandering card shows looking through commons!~ I still had the same old fever...
Sorry, no pictures. It's a stack of cards, none too exciting!
Thanks for the read!

very cool, now you can go for the diffractors;)

Members online

Latest posts