Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Just got screwed on a 2010 Chrome box at Walmart...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I still haven't got an answer on this. Was there topps wrap on it? If someone can reseal boxes with the topps wrap on it then we are all screwed. To my
knowledge the wrap they use doesn't have the topps logo on it....and easy tell, IF you are looking for it.

Kevin

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Surprised they would take back a opened box cards. Now pack searchers don't even need to bother. Just rip packs open, take cards they want. Then return them for money back.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Surprised they would take back a opened box cards. Now pack searchers don't even need to bother. Just rip packs open, take cards they want. Then return them for money back.

Their policy allows only exchanges on cards, according to the customer service manager. They gave me a refund since they didn't have another 2010 Chrome box. The fact that I went after work, still dressed very nicely, may have helped as well. The average customer at this Wallyland wears baggy jean shorts, dirty tank tops, and looks like they were just bailed out.

The wrapper didn't have the Topps logo on it. I didn't find that unusual, all their hobby boxes have plain wrapping. I recently picked up a 2010 Bowman Chrome box there that had a plain wrapper but definitely wasn't tampered with or searched.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Their policy allows only exchanges on cards, according to the customer service manager. They gave me a refund since they didn't have another 2010 Chrome box. The fact that I went after work, still dressed very nicely, may have helped as well. The average customer at this Wallyland wears baggy jean shorts, dirty tank tops, and looks like they were just bailed out.

The wrapper didn't have the Topps logo on it. I didn't find that unusual, all their hobby boxes have plain wrapping. I recently picked up a 2010 Bowman Chrome box there that had a plain wrapper but definitely wasn't tampered with or searched.

So this was the way you looked, when you bought it the other day. :confused::D

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
since when did topps wrap anything in plain wrap? To me, buying a hobby box without the topps wrap on the front, is buying a tampered box, no matter how
normal the inside looks. No one should know this more than distributors. If they are trying to pull a fast one, then I wouldn't buy anything from them.

As far as lax return policy, that is maybe where some of the problem comes from. I'm sure many people who re wrap are able to return the garbage back
to the store after they pillage it. Stores should know this and not accept any returns. Of course if everyone knew what a re wrapped box looked like then
there wouldn't be any problems.

This is good thread to remind us of this.

Kevin

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
As opposed to opening your cereal at the store? I fail to see your point, and it made me laugh a little...

Huh?I wasn't even referencing opening cereal at the store.I was eluding to the point about complaining to the store manager and returning item same day he bought the product.Initial post states he didn't open the box until he got home.Unless you live right next door to a Wal-Mart, no one is going to drive from home all the way back to Wal-Mart same day and XXXXX to store manager to return box.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
I still haven't got an answer on this. Was there topps wrap on it? If someone can reseal boxes with the topps wrap on it then we are all screwed. To my
knowledge the wrap they use doesn't have the topps logo on it....and easy tell, IF you are looking for it.

Kevin

To be fair, Topps didn't do a very good job of stamping the seal on their boxes.This photo only has 2 Topps stamps on the front of the seal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Topps-...0574605224?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item43a7989ba8

Members online

Latest posts