Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

K, sorry, Ryan Howard really sucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
cgilmo said:
bongo870 said:
jbone17 said:
Pujols will always be greater than Howard.
when and were did someone say he was?

schmidtfan20 repeats it over and over again, like it's an absolute fact

Yea. i have heared. But all of you know who and how he is so why even listen to him any more? i ave seen his posts and all. But he didnt even post it here. (or not yet)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
bongo870 said:
cgilmo said:
bongo870 said:
jbone17 said:
Pujols will always be greater than Howard.
when and were did someone say he was?

schmidtfan20 repeats it over and over again, like it's an absolute fact

Yea. i have heared. But all of you know who and how he is so why even listen to him any more? i ave seen his posts and all. But he didnt even post it here. (or not yet)
bongo does have a point. Even if he's not here we're almost essentially feeding the troll without his presence-even if its a joke.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
yanxchick said:
1. Howard is just coming off the DL and made one rehab start. His timing is off.
2. He strikes out. Not a revelation. He has struck out 199 times twice in a season and more than 180 two other times.
3. When he went on the DL, he was batting .292, which is his best average in four years. Slightly less power, but higher batting average.
4. There is more to the game than sabremetrics. They are a good tool to use, but cannot be used to back up every single situation as much as those who use them wishes they could.

So reminder, since he came off the DL with a sprained ankle and missed 20 days, he is slumping (2 for 19). That's hardly surprising.

The scouting reports on him have been the same for years. He can't hit sliders or breaking pitches inside. Other teams have executed that well, which is why his average. However, to also isolate last year's World Series is unfair. Leading up to the WS, he hit .355 with 14 RBIs and eight strike outs in nine games.
YEAH, GIVE EM HELL SOOZ!
(Then drop into the MT ;))

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
bongo870 said:
yanxchick said:
1. Howard is just coming off the DL and made one rehab start. His timing is off.
2. He strikes out. Not a revelation. He has struck out 199 times twice in a season and more than 180 two other times.
3. When he went on the DL, he was batting .292, which is his best average in four years. Slightly less power, but higher batting average.
4. There is more to the game than sabremetrics. They are a good tool to use, but cannot be used to back up every single situation as much as those who use them wishes they could.

So reminder, since he came off the DL with a sprained ankle and missed 20 days, he is slumping (2 for 19). That's hardly surprising.

The scouting reports on him have been the same for years. He can't hit sliders or breaking pitches inside. Other teams have executed that well, which is why his average. However, to also isolate last year's World Series is unfair. Leading up to the WS, he hit .355 with 14 RBIs and eight strike outs in nine games.

its not worth trying to explaine anything to the Howard haters. They just like to keep yelling PUJOLS IS BETTER THAN HOWARD. even though no one even said that here. They cry when a member here (i think it is schmidfat wasnt it?) said Howard was better but cry when people dont say it. kinda strange. Most the people here that are bashing howard are the very people who cry to others for talking about there faveorate players. Looking at the negitive in every situation is bad.

Jesus H. Christ, I truly hope English is your second language.

Every time I read one of your posts my head hurts.

In case you were wondering, the squiggly red lines under the words let you know you spelled them wrong. Just a heads up.

MAC16

Jul 29, 2009
I think Phillies fans are so hilarious! It's funny how sensitive they get when you bash on the Phillies.. it's fun to watch how mad they get :) and them being in second place probably just adds fuel to the fire lol

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Anthony K. said:
bongo870 said:
yanxchick said:

its not worth trying to explaine anything to the Howard haters. They just like to keep yelling PUJOLS IS BETTER THAN HOWARD. even though no one even said that here. They cry when a member here (i think it is schmidfat wasnt it?) said Howard was better but cry when people dont say it. kinda strange. Most the people here that are bashing howard are the very people who cry to others for talking about there faveorate players. Looking at the negitive in every situation is bad.

In case you were wondering, the squiggly red lines under the words let you know you spelled them wrong. Just a heads up.

There is spell check here?
Here is some advice. if you don't like what I post then block me or ignore me. If it hurts you that bad.
I apologize my spelling is bad and it really hurts you to read it.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
MAC16 said:
I think Phillies fans are so hilarious! It's funny how sensitive they get when you bash on the Phillies.. it's fun to watch how mad they get :) and them being in second place probably just adds fuel to the fire lol
Actually we are quite proud of where they are right now. being 2 game out of first and for months we have lost our star players. I thought by now we would be in last with all the DL's we have had this year
Why do so amny people here hate the Phillies here?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
bongo870 said:
MAC16 said:
Actually we are quite proud of where they are right now. being 2 game out of first and for months we have lost our star players. I thought by now we would be in last with all the DL's we have had this year

You seem to be an exception.

Most philly fans are hard to handle, just ask phillyfan the mod.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
cgilmo said:
bongo870 said:
MAC16 said:

You seem to be an exception.

Most philly fans are hard to handle, just ask phillyfan the mod.

Hey now...don't go lumping us philly fans together like that. :)

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
markakis8 said:
Jays_Cards said:
boomo said:
Jays_Cards":p91ukthg]How about a bigger sample size? $20MM+ for this!? Ouch... [url="http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=1b&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=6&season=2010&month=0 said:
http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?p ... 10&month=0[/url]

ok, now just be kind enough to explain it to the idiots like me :)

His WAR is 1.5 right now. That means in today's baseball economy, he has been worth $6.2M of value to this point. This makes him the 8th worst/less valuable qualified 1B in baseball this year behind the likes of Adam Laroche, Lyle Overbay, Mike Napoli, and Daric Barton..Enjoy that albatross of a contract Phils fans..

We will. We will also enjoy the WS ring he brought us and the 2 WS apperances back to back.

We will enjoy his avg of 40+ HR and 130 RBI seasons too as we have enjoyed him hitting 45+ the past 4 years[/quote:p91ukthg]

arnt you an orioles fan?

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
This post is pointless. I mean it's not like he went 0-7 with 5 strikeouts in a game, oh wait......

J/K, Howard is going to strikeout a lot because he's always swinging for the fences. He's not going for those little dinky singles & doubles, he's going for it all.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
Anthony K. said:
bongo870 said:
yanxchick said:

You have been thanked. You actually made me laugh out loud with this post and it is appreciated.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
thefatguy said:
bongo870 said:
thefatguy said:
Not the team, the fans.

Way to cheer Strasburg's injury too :!: :D
you guys must have me mixed up with someone here. When in the world did i ever cheer he got hurt? Why would i do that?
Wow
Did I say you?
Well yes you said the Phillies fans cheered when he got hurt. They didnt chear that he got hurt. They cheered for his efforts.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
bongo870 said:
thefatguy said:
bongo870 said:
thefatguy said:
Not the team, the fans.

you guys must have me mixed up with someone here. When in the world did i ever cheer he got hurt? Why would i do that?
Wow
Did I say you?
Well yes you said the Phillies fans cheered when he got hurt. They didnt chear that he got hurt. They cheered for his efforts.

This isn't about the people at the game cheering...

Maybe you didn't cheer for Strasburg to become injured, but... first you predicted he would fail and that all these foolish people investing in his cards would lose thousands of dollars. Then you made a post in every negative Strasburg thread... "Strasburg getting killed by the Mets" "Braves chase Strasburg out of game" etc etc. And you always said nice things like "I really hope he succeeds" but they were backhanded wishes because you would follow that up with a statement like "But with all the pressure the media puts on him, hyping him and saying he's the greatest pitcher who ever lived but nobody can live up to that much hype so all these people are going to be out thousands of dollars." Then when he gets injured, you pop into the Strasburg injury threads just to pat yourself on the back and say "I told you so."

So you can see why somebody would be confused and think that you were in fact hoping he would get injured or at least just fail in general.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
RL24 said:
bongo870 said:
thefatguy said:
bongo870 said:
thefatguy said:
Not the team, the fans.

Wow
Did I say you?

This isn't about the people at the game cheering...

Maybe you didn't cheer for Strasburg to become injured, but... first you predicted he would fail and that all these foolish people investing in his cards would lose thousands of dollars. Then you made a post in every negative Strasburg thread... "Strasburg getting killed by the Mets" "Braves chase Strasburg out of game" etc etc. And you always said nice things like "I really hope he succeeds" but they were backhanded wishes because you would follow that up with a statement like "But with all the pressure the media puts on him, hyping him and saying he's the greatest pitcher who ever lived but nobody can live up to that much hype so all these people are going to be out thousands of dollars." Then when he gets injured, you pop into the Strasburg injury threads just to pat yourself on the back and say "I told you so."

So you can see why somebody would be confused and think that you were in fact hoping he would get injured or at least just fail in general.

I don't wish or hope for Stras to become injured, but when it's happened I've laughed my ass off. And why? For one reason. Not because I hate Stras. But because all of these effing morons out there throwing around thousands of dollars on his cards when he's never proven anything. And because everyone's acting like he's the second coming of Jesus Christ himself. So I am taking satisfaction in that in a way. I think prospecting it effing retarded. Always have, always will. So when something like this happens, it's hilarious to me. I don't see Stras becoming a great pitcher. I see him becoming Mark Prior version 2. And it's already starting. And when all of these people lose their ass because they stupidly blew all this money on his cards and cannot get a return on their investment, I will laugh harder. Call me a dick, I don't care. This isn't about Stras at all, I have nothing against the guy really, just don't think he's Jesus, I just hate prospecting.

Members online

Latest posts