Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kurt Warner comments on Favre

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Warner went on "Dancing With the Stars" after he retired.

Favre went on the Jets after he retired. Favre hen went on the Vikings after he retired...twice. I'll respect the guy who had a little culture and tried out dancing over the guy who kept retiring and unretiring while also screwing a few teams in the process.

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
yeah that seemed like a cheap shot at Warner, who cares if he went on Dancing with the Stars, so did Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice and we know both of those guys will only be remembered for that ::facepalm::

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
tombb25 said:
yeah that seemed like a cheap shot at Warner, who cares if he went on Dancing with the Stars, so did Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice and we know both of those guys will only be remembered for that ::facepalm::
Yeah. Not to mention Chad Ochocinco...and that was during his playing days.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
seems like a cheap shot, but Warner really shouldn't be talking too much about Favre. It's not a good idea - IMO. Funny - I have a Favre/Warner dual auto from Stadium Club in my PC.

tombb25

Dec 17, 2009
Napa, CA
lisu said:
seems like a cheap shot, but Warner really shouldn't be talking too much about Favre. It's not a good idea - IMO. Funny - I have a Favre/Warner dual auto from Stadium Club in my PC.

That's a Rivalry 1/1 Auto for eBay! :lol: List it now with a link to the article!

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Kudos to Warner for saying what he thinks and the majority of America thinks IMO. Everyone is so PC these days that it is laughable.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
garbage article.

At least the writer didn't go after Kurt for being religious.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Warner's career wasn't terribly different from Farve. Seems like the wrong guy to talk smack. Warner wins a Superbowl then gets banged up. He then has a stint with the other New York team, heads back west, is still banged up, then just misses the Superbowl. Pretty much the same order as Favre except Favre got banged up after departing his first team. Favre did stick around a year too long but lack of production and picks in his final year were strongly correlated with crappy receivers, lack of blind side protection, and crap coach. Warner may very well suffered the same fate had he returned another year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/..._ref=article_bottom&fb_source=profile_oneline

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
f2tornado said:
Warner's career wasn't terribly different from Farve. Seems like the wrong guy to talk smack. Warner wins a Superbowl then gets banged up. He then has a stint with the other New York team, heads back west, is still banged up, then just misses the Superbowl. Pretty much the same order as Favre except Favre got banged up after departing his first team. Favre did stick around a year too long but lack of production and picks in his final year were strongly correlated with crappy receivers, lack of blind side protection, and crap coach. Warner may very well suffered the same fate had he returned another year.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/..._ref=article_bottom&fb_source=profile_oneline
A player having a slope at the end of his career can (and usually will) happen to anyone. That's not what Warner was saying. Warner knew when to hang it up, and did it in the classic classy way of announcing retirement and sticking to it. Heck, Warner did it with enough time that the Cardinals weren't left shellshocked days before the first preseason game. It's about how Favre handled the final years, not how he played them.

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
Card Magnet said:
A player having a slope at the end of his career can (and usually will) happen to anyone. That's not what Warner was saying. Warner knew when to hang it up, and did it in the classic classy way of announcing retirement and sticking to it. Heck, Warner did it with enough time that the Cardinals weren't left shellshocked days before the first preseason game. It's about how Favre handled the final years, not how he played them.

I understand the retirement wishy-wash but Warner did comment on Favre switching teams.

"I think he did [tarnish his legacy]. Not only this season, but the last few seasons, going back and forth [on retirement] and bouncing to a few different teams."

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts