Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lesnar vs Couture! The Aftermath!

Who's going to win?

• 'The Next Big Thing' Brock Lesnar

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Re: Lesnar vs Couture to fight at UFC 91 in November.

all I can say is, I am pumped for this fight to go down...I am a huge fan of Lesnar and expect a good fight

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM

This will be one hell of a test for Brock. Randy tends to have trouble with big wrestlers also so it might be in Brocks favor.

If Brock wins, will the Fedor vs Randy be a big deal anymore?? Or will people no longer care about that match up due to the loss??

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

mikekarlovec said:
This will be one hell of a test for Brock. Randy tends to have trouble with big wrestlers also so it might be in Brocks favor.

If Brock wins, will the Fedor vs Randy be a big deal anymore?? Or will people no longer care about that match up due to the loss??

I would still care, and i would still order it.

But, if Randy does lose, the momentum going into that fight (assuming now it will happen because of his new contract) will be far less than it is now.

However, as much as a Lesnar fan as I am, I dont see him walking away the winner.

Given that, even if Randy does beat Brock, he still has to face the winner of Noguiera/Mir before Fedor even comes into play.

2 potential Fights before Fedor can even become a reality.

Theoretically, you could see a Brock/Fedor fight before a Randy/Fedor fight, if Brock can beat Randy and the the winner of Nogs/Mir, so it definately is interesting right now

(p.s- i started thinking about it, and im sure the reason brock even has this fight right now is because of his huge contract that UFC gave him. A title fight had to be an incentive, otherwise, you would not award a guy with a 2-1 record a heavyweight title shot)

G

I hope Lesnar and Mir win and we get to see a rematch between the two to unify the titles.

That would be bad ass. I really want to see a Mir/Lesnar rematch.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto

Sam Banks said:
I hope Lesnar and Mir win and we get to see a rematch between the two to unify the titles.

Yea i really want to see that as well. I was really disappointed he lost in that fashion, Lesnar was straight up pounding on Mir

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

yankeefan812 said:
Sam Banks said:

Yea i really want to see that as well. I was really disappointed he lost in that fashion, Lesnar was straight up pounding on Mir

or is it because you know he cant beat nogiuera? lol

G

Re: Lesnar vs Couture

Okay, so I am getting VERY annoyed with all of the Lesnar bashers.

I have nothing against Randy. I rather enjoy watching him fight. He's a very respectful talented fighter.

But for the love of God I am soooo sick and ******* tired of hearing everyone whine and complain and moan about Brock Lesnar getting a title shot. Boo ******* hoo people. It's not like he's really getting a title shot. It's a 4 man tournament to unify the title per Dana White. People are acting like it's the end of the ******* world becuase Lesnar is involved.
I give Randy all the credit in the world. If he beats Lesnar, great, that's fine. He probably SHOULD beat Lesnar with his talents. But for the life of me, everyone I talk to around here just won't give Brock even the slightest chance in winning, or even recognize the guy has any talent whatsoever. I am SERIOUSLY starting to hope that Brock totally destroys Randy to the point that he is in a coma, so these people will shut the **** up. I like Randy, but these 'MMA purists' need to shut the **** up and stop whining about it. Anyone likes Lesnar, I hear the same thing, "Stupid WWE fan." I hear that Lesnar is bad for the sport, and about what he did in the Herring fight. Jesus Christ people, get over it. While these people are whining and crying about this, Brock is making himself and the UFC millions of dollars. And whether you like it or not, it's a ******* business. And Dana and Zuffa are going to do what's best for business whether anyone likes it or not. The same people that are crying should be thanking the guy for getting all of the main stream attention for the UFC and taking them to a level that they have never been to before.
But these same people refuse to give anyone from WWE any credit in UFC because they don't want to believe that a fake wrestler can and will benefit their beloved sport.

It's just frustrating, that's all. Brock's in a no win situation.

The guy should be commended for going out there and wanting to face the best available talent the UFC has to offer right away instead of spending a long time in WEC or some other Zuffa promotion. Because Dana asked him if he wanted some 'warm up fights' in WEC before coming up to the UFC for fights. And Brock said no. He said if he was going to do this, he wanted to fight the best right out of the shoots. And that's what he's done.

****, someone told me that he wasn't beating the living **** out of Mir that entire fight up until the mistake that ended the fight. They told me it was all Mir's plan to let him beat the **** out of him while he cowered. WHAT? That is completely ******* retarded. Mir was getting owned that entire fight until Brock made the rookie mistake. Anyone who says any different is a moron. He was setting him up is what I was being told. No, he was getting his ass pounded on hardcore, plain and simple.

I am very frustrated, and I hope that Brock nearly kills Randy to shut people up.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD

Sam Banks said:
I am very frustrated, and I hope that Brock nearly kills Randy to shut people up.

Wishful thinking I'm sure on your part, but very doubtful.
Randy is just too skilled for Lesnar at this stage in his MMA career.

GO RANDY!

G

Russ S. said:
[quote="Sam Banks":1ml688eh]

Wishful thinking I'm sure on your part, but very doubtful.
Randy is just too skilled for Lesnar at this stage in his MMA career.

GO RANDY![/quote:1ml688eh]

I don't doubt Randy at all. Like I said, I like him. I am just sick of all the Lesnar bashing. The guy just won't be able to do anything to win some people over. I don't doubt Randy and his chances to win whatsoever. But if Brock loses, to these people, he should have lost. And if Brock wins, they'll say he just beat an old man who had been gone. If he wins, they'll not give him any credit, they'll say "Well, he has to beat the winner of the Nog/Mir fight then....." And if by chance he were able to do that, THEN it'd be, "Well, he's not fough Fedor, so........."

See, it's a no win situation for the guy. I honestly don't know what they guy would be able to do to shut the bashers up.

G

Let me just clarify that I REALLY don't want Randy to be in a coma or anything like that! :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Randy won. Although if he does, I think it will be via submission not KO or ref stoppage like someone tried convincing me last night.

G

HPC said:
Sam

I wrote on the 1st page of this thread what the strengths and weaknesses are and who wins what category.

...and honestly, i think people wouldnt be surprised at all if lesnar wins considering he is fighting someone 15 years older than him

the problem is that you put them as ties for submissions. Couture has it all over Lesnar in that category.

Honestly, the only way I see Lesnar winning this fight is if he catches Randy with a KO shot. Brock has a more powerful punch, but as far as ring skill, Lesnar doesnt have an advantage over Couture. I'd give him strength and conditioning. Thats really about it.

G

Dr Tom said:
HPC said:
Sam

I wrote on the 1st page of this thread what the strengths and weaknesses are and who wins what category.

...and honestly, i think people wouldnt be surprised at all if lesnar wins considering he is fighting someone 15 years older than him

the problem is that you put them as ties for submissions. Couture has it all over Lesnar in that category.

Honestly, the only way I see Lesnar winning this fight is if he catches Randy with a KO shot. Brock has a more powerful punch, but as far as ring skill, Lesnar doesnt have an advantage over Couture. I'd give him strength and conditioning. Thats really about it.

I agree with that. But I could see Brock winning by decision if he lays and prays the majority of the time. Which I could see happening.

I was thinking about this last night, and I think that Brock's going to try and stand as much as possible trying to look for that KO punch.

But Randy def has the advantage in subs. But I don't think we'll see Brock come out and shoot right away.

And about the conditioning, I don't know about that either. Brock's huge, I know he does great cardio exercises, but he's also never been in a 5 round fight either, so only time will tell how he handles that.

I try to look at this stuff from every angle, and I get so frustrated because some people just can't do that.

G

Sam Banks said:
[quote="Dr Tom":gqp1ud45]
HPC said:
Sam

I agree with that. But I could see Brock winning by decision if he lays and prays the majority of the time. Which I could see happening.

I was thinking about this last night, and I think that Brock's going to try and stand as much as possible trying to look for that KO punch.

But Randy def has the advantage in subs. But I don't think we'll see Brock come out and shoot right away.

And about the conditioning, I don't know about that either. Brock's huge, I know he does great cardio exercises, but he's also never been in a 5 round fight either, so only time will tell how he handles that.

I try to look at this stuff from every angle, and I get so frustrated because some people just can't do that.[/quote:gqp1ud45]

I dont even see him being able to outlast Couture as he will stalk Lesnar. He's never been much for letting things just come to him in the ring.

I can appreciate trying to look at every angle though. I agree 100% with looking for a KO punch too.

G

As I have said from day one, I don't know what's going to happen, but it sure is going to be fun to watch.

And yes, I do hope Lesnar wins. But if he doesn't, I won't be surprised in the slightest.

We all know that Brock's inexperience will probably play a factor someway in this fight. And I, unlike some others, am concerned that Randy's age may finally catch up with him, him going to weight class to weight class, and all the time off may affect him in negative way at this point in his career against a much younger, faster and stronger opponent.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008

i personally think Couture is going to win but to win he is going to have to sub Lesnar. Lesnar will win take downs and ground and pound all night long just due to his size and freakish strength. I don't see either winning with a KO. it will be a decision or ref stoppage for Lesnar or a sub for Couture. just my opinion though.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

I really hope Randy wins.

Lesnar winning would be so bad for the sport. I'm not talking about his personality or athletic ability. I just hate how he is getting a title shot and has done nothing to deserve it. This whole situation shows how the UFC is more about the money and ratings than the integrity of the sport.

It should be Werdum fighting Randy and the winner fighting Nog / Mir. This is why organizations like Shooto will always be where true mma is IMO.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008

...I'm just happy to see some action in the heavyweight division.

...and I do think Werdum is the real deal...

G

There's been a long history of people getting 'undeserved' title shots in the UFC though.

Did Anderson SIlva really deserve a title shot after 2 UFC fights? He hadn't done anything IN THE UFC to constitute a title shot. But to my knowledge there weren't people complaining about that.

Did Couture deserve a title shot after his losses?

There's a history here, but it's escallated because of who Brock is.

Hell, I'm not saying that I think he DESERVES a title shot. He really isn't deserving.

But you have to look at this as a four man tournament instead of a title shot.

And does Mir really deserve a shot at Big Nog right now?

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008

Sure, but at least Mir, Silva, etc. have more than three fights (one of them a loss).

I watch the UFC because I love mma. As far as the company though, I absolutely hate them and the way they do business. Especially Dana White who is a complete *******.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts