Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MADISON BUMGARNER CALLED UP TO THE BIGS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rookie380

Sep 10, 2008
Dickson, TN
goblue6919 said:
ballerskrip said:
I was not overly impressed. There is a lot of talk here about his fastball. Truthfully, it was disapointing.

Please don't give me the 1st start excuse for his velocity being down. Most pitchers are AMPED UP for there first start and throw even harder than normal due to the adrenaline.

Last night definitely showed me that david price has much better stuff than madbum... AT THIS POINT! Obviously things can change quickly.

Skrip

No shat. Price is 4 years older, pitched in college against top notch competition and has almost a season of MLB pitching under his belt. Bumgarner shouldn't even be in the majors right now.

Bumgarner's velocity was definetly down last night. Apparently his velocity has been down since mid July which means he probably has a dead arm. He was told YESTERDAY that he was called up and flew 5 hours to California with a 3 hour time difference then to be told that he was starting 3 and a half hours before the game and that he was replacing Lincecum for that matter. Imagine how nervous he was. A friend told me that Bumgarner said that he never gets nervous and that last night was the most nervous he has ever been and that he was almost vomiting in the locker room.

I would say he did pretty well.

I read that they are sending him to the bullpen after this start ::facepalm:: get him back to AA so he can pitch in the playoffs.

THANK YOU!!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
rookie380 said:
goblue6919 said:
ballerskrip said:
I was not overly impressed. There is a lot of talk here about his fastball. Truthfully, it was disapointing.

Please don't give me the 1st start excuse for his velocity being down. Most pitchers are AMPED UP for there first start and throw even harder than normal due to the adrenaline.

Last night definitely showed me that david price has much better stuff than madbum... AT THIS POINT! Obviously things can change quickly.

Skrip

No shat. Price is 4 years older, pitched in college against top notch competition and has almost a season of MLB pitching under his belt. Bumgarner shouldn't even be in the majors right now.

Bumgarner's velocity was definetly down last night. Apparently his velocity has been down since mid July which means he probably has a dead arm. He was told YESTERDAY that he was called up and flew 5 hours to California with a 3 hour time difference then to be told that he was starting 3 and a half hours before the game and that he was replacing Lincecum for that matter. Imagine how nervous he was. A friend told me that Bumgarner said that he never gets nervous and that last night was the most nervous he has ever been and that he was almost vomiting in the locker room.

I read that they are sending him to the bullpen after this start ::facepalm:: get him back to AA so he can pitch in the playoffs.

THANK YOU!!

I didn't say anywhere that he didn't pitch well. I think he performed admirabley for this first start in the bigs. I guess I was just expecting more out of his "STUFF".....

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
rookie380 said:
goblue6919 said:
ballerskrip said:

Skrip

THANK YOU!!

I didn't say anywhere that he didn't pitch well. I think he performed admirabley for this first start in the bigs. I guess I was just expecting more out of his "STUFF".....
When there is so much hype around him his status can only go down when you see him play. Same thing happened when I went to the Aflac Practices to see Harper.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts