Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys........I have a pretty big card enroute right now..........most I've paid for a Mac card other than an auto........ :D

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
shanks25 said:
Hey guys........I have a pretty big card enroute right now..........most I've paid for a Mac card other than an auto........ :D

Any hints???

Was on ebay.........ended 4-5 days ago..............paid $102 for it.......

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
These just arrived this week.

1999-SPxRadiance65.jpg

1999-SPxRadiance70.jpg

2001-UDReserveJeter-McGwire.jpg

Bad scan because it's in a thick holder
2002-UltimteCollection-SE49.jpg

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
shanks25 said:
docdw25 said:
shanks25 said:
docdw25 said:
shanks25 said:

Any hints???

Was it the McGwire/Sosa card?

YAHTZEE!!!!!

Very nice card. I saw the card when it was listed but didn't keep track of it.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
docdw25 said:
shanks25 said:
docdw25 said:
shanks25 said:
docdw25 said:
[quote="shanks25":1kd2ior0]Hey guys........I have a pretty big card enroute right now..........most I've paid for a Mac card other than an auto........ :D

Any hints???

Was it the McGwire/Sosa card?

YAHTZEE!!!!!

Very nice card. I saw the card when it was listed but didn't keep track of it.[/quote:1kd2ior0]

Thanks! I'll be sure to scan and post when it arrives!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
got this in the mail. One of the hardest 89' brands to find autographed. I have seen many fakes. I had a real one but this signature was so nicer i had to add another one...

89mcgwire.jpg
Whats your auto count up to now??

[/quote]
Whats your auto count up to now??[/quote]

I been meaning to count em all up, havnt done the head count in a while.. here we go...

Memorabila - 48
UD certified cards - 53
IP autos - 94 / 107 with doubles

TOTALS - 195 differen't auto's 208 w/ doubles (multiples of same card signed)

5 more to go for 200 different McGwire items signed...WOO HOO!!!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Here's an oddball submitted for your approval: 1999 Cardinals Crew McGwire Member Certificate. I signed my son up for the Crew for a few years, and got some suff here and there, but this is the best Mac item. I think there's Photo Ball with the Cardinals Crew logo in the basement, too. (I also like the sample of Mac's auto. Makes for a good reference.)

99mac.jpg

Im happy to show off today my 196th Different McGwire Auto and the 209th if you include doubles. This card was on ebay with a BIN of 50.00 It was a plaque. I was able to remove it from the plaque without damaging the card. This card was iconic to me growing up. I remember when this insert set first came out. I have maybe seen 1 if that autographed copies ever. So i jumped at the chance to finally put this bad boy into my IP collection. Here we go...Turn back those Clocks....

91am-1.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greg Cleveland said:
Here's an oddball submitted for your approval: 1999 Cardinals Crew McGwire Member Certificate. I signed my son up for the Crew for a few years, and got some suff here and there, but this is the best Mac item. I think there's Photo Ball with the Cardinals Crew logo in the basement, too. (I also like the sample of Mac's auto. Makes for a good reference.)

99mac.jpg

Cool oddball piece!!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Im happy to show off today my 196th Different McGwire Auto and the 209th if you include doubles. This card was on ebay with a BIN of 50.00 It was a plaque. I was able to remove it from the plaque without damaging the card. This card was iconic to me growing up. I remember when this insert set first came out. I have maybe seen 1 if that autographed copies ever. So i jumped at the chance to finally put this bad boy into my IP collection. Here we go...Turn back those Clocks....

91am-1.jpg

psh only 196???? :)

autocut said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
autocut said:

sorry to tell you this, but thats a very very bad forgerie.

I disagree as I know where it came from.

well unless you got in person and saw him sign it, your wrong. If you got it from someone who said they got in person themselves, they are lying to you. I obtained my first auto from Him in 1990. Been collecting his autographs for almost 20 years. That's as bad a fake as they get.

Members online

Latest posts