Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 10, 2008
Posted these in the '90's inserts as well, but wanted to post here too. Finally got shrev down on the price of the '98 (which felt really good after his attempted price gouging on it)

1998 EX Essential Credentials Now #01/11
1999 EX Essential Credentials Now #01/16
1998 Donruss Crusades Purple #001/100

Mailday1.jpg
Mailday2.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Mark McGwire Museum said:
Posted these in the '90's inserts as well, but wanted to post here too. Finally got shrev down on the price of the '98 (which felt really good after his attempted price gouging on it)

Mailday1.jpg
Mailday2.jpg

dead, sexy

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009

Wow. All #1/XX. Very impressive.

I wish i had more maildays like this. Cheap but Pretty!

Picture008-1.jpg

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Need help from the experts. Are these real? If not no big deal. They were part of a lot I purchased few years ago and I just put them aside until I could find out if they were real.

auto1.jpg
auto2.jpg

Dec 10, 2008
docdw25 said:
Need help from the experts. Are these real? If not no big deal. They were part of a lot I purchased few years ago and I just put them aside until I could find out if they were real.

auto1.jpg
auto2.jpg

Neither, unfortunately. The 1989 Donruss signature was forged by someone on ebay by the name of markl....... it had numbers in the name, I dont remember it exactly. He churned out fake sigs, and has since abandoned his account and opened others. His forgeries always looked the exact same. They have now been passed around many times so back tracking them is all but impossible. I have seen some of those forgeries authenticated by PSA/DNA, in fact one's on eBay now I believe.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
docdw25 said:

Neither, unfortunately. The 1989 Donruss signature was forged by someone on ebay by the name of markl....... it had numbers in the name, I dont remember it exactly. He churned out fake sigs, and has since abandoned his account and opened others. His forgeries always looked the exact same. They have now been passed around many times so back tracking them is all but impossible. I have seen some of those forgeries authenticated by PSA/DNA, in fact one's on eBay now I believe.

Ok thanks. Glad I bought the lot for the inserts and GU cards. Still made out very well on the deal.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
Hey there, had a question for you McGwire guys. I was putting a checklist together of Donruss and Leaf issues and noticed that the SCD Catalog lists both the 1989 Donruss Blue Chips and also the 1989 Leaf Blue Chips. Are they actually 2 separate sets or the same thing?

Thanks!

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
tunahead said:
Hey there, had a question for you McGwire guys. I was putting a checklist together of Donruss and Leaf issues and noticed that the SCD Catalog lists both the 1989 Donruss Blue Chips and also the 1989 Leaf Blue Chips. Are they actually 2 separate sets or the same thing?

Thanks!

yeah there are 5 variations of each so there are 10 total. Jay's got at least 5 of them, if not all 10.

have any of you guys noticed all the mcgwire autographs popping up on ebay, most of them are signed balls people are getting down at jupiter. This is exactly why he never signed on the sweet spot. Can you imagine the money people would have been making off him back in 98 if he had signed on the sweet spot?

i just hope he is not worn out when i get down there in 11 days. Next year im going the first week for the practices so i can add more of his auto's to my collection, not selling them like all these people are doing.

All you guys please say a prayer for me that i can get my 98 gamer signed. 6 games in 8 days, let's hope i get lucky 1x. I don't know about you but i have not been more pumped for a baseball season in a lonnnngggg time.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Can't wait to show you guys some stuff I've gotten I still need to scan...

Big Mac, you're in Jupiter in the next few days aren't you?

Members online

Latest posts