Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Better pic of the Steiner 16x20 I just got

aa05606f.jpg

AWESOME! By the way, did you pull the Jordan in your sig? That is one sweet card!

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
Any of you Mac fans interested in this? Ebay buyer never paid, the slabbing alone cost me about $30, it's from The Topps Vault and was used to map out his 1995 Bowman's Best card, has the Topps Hologram and COA. I would sell, trade it for cards, or even trade for non card related stuff... PM offers, It is really cool, and this slab is enormous!

mcgwire.jpg

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Received this in the mail yesterday:

There are only 10 copies of this card...9 silver and 1 gold. This is the gold 1/1 version. I was pretty excited to find and acquire it.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
mwheeler27 said:
Received this in the mail yesterday:

There are only 10 copies of this card...9 silver and 1 gold. This is the gold 1/1 version. I was pretty excited to find and acquire it.

nice pickup! I bid on that one because I thought it was the silver one, sorry I drove the price up, had I known it was the gold I wouldn't have bid..doh!

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
onionring9 said:
nice pickup! I bid on that one because I thought it was the silver one, sorry I drove the price up, had I known it was the gold I wouldn't have bid..doh!

Thanks!

Don't be sorry. I can't believe it only went for $22. I expected it to go for a lot more. Some of the other players in this set went for over $400. Had the seller stated "gold 1/1" in the title, I'm sure it would have sold for more.

jbs189

Mar 30, 2010
I was curious about the 1989 Topps Head Up test issue for McGwire. I won it on Ebay a few days ago for $20, but it books for like $300 on beckett. Was just curious if they have it majorly overprice or if collectors just tend to not pay much for oversized cards like it. It was one of those cards I never expected to get as you rarely see them, and I wasn't ever willing to pay very much for an oversized card myself.

jbs189 said:
I was curious about the 1989 Topps Head Up test issue for McGwire. I won it on Ebay a few days ago for $20, but it books for like $300 on beckett. Was just curious if they have it majorly overprice or if collectors just tend to not pay much for oversized cards like it. It was one of those cards I never expected to get as you rarely see them, and I wasn't ever willing to pay very much for an oversized card myself.

can you post a pic?

I own the regular heads up version, just wanted to see the difference.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Just for gratuitous spam purposes.......

I just listed a 2001 SPX base / ball combo 118/250 on the bay.

Members online

Latest posts