Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Daily Performances and Futures Game Performances Thread - 7/8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Laugh of the day.

Wil Myers dispensing baseball advice, then asking "You got a girlfriend?"

Commentator - "Uhh, we should probably dump out of that."

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Laugh of the day.

Wil Myers dispensing baseball advice, then asking "You got a girlfriend?"

Commentator - "Uhh, we should probably dump out of that."

Good choice by them to cut it there. But a juicy, maybe FCC-upsetting or inappropiate quote there that goes viral might have bumped up their prices by 30% or so...:lol:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
By the way, dude was struck out on that 2-2 pitch.....

For some reason, I just don't like that swing, have a tough time imagining 20+ homeruns out of it

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
C'mon ESPN, spell the freaking players name right...Kelten Wong....Tijuan Walker...sigh...

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Looks like HR derby starting 24 hours early!

And Lindor with a Single after taking over for Profar. Pretty cool IMO...

Greg Lewis

May 6, 2012
By the way, dude was struck out on that 2-2 pitch.....

For some reason, I just don't like that swing, have a tough time imagining 20+ homeruns out of it

That swing produced a .400 average in A ball - the highest avg in the minors this year (and 3 HRs in 200 ABs). Then he got promoted to AA where he promptly hit 4 HR in about 100 ABs so the power is coming. I have never heard any scout mention a hole in his swing and judging by how this year has gone for him and his absolute bomb HR in the Futures Game, you have no reason to either. You mad bro?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
That swing produced a .400 average in A ball - the highest avg in the minors this year (and 3 HRs in 200 ABs). Then he got promoted to AA where he promptly hit 4 HR in about 100 ABs so the power is coming. I have never heard any scout mention a hole in his swing and judging by how this year has gone for him and his absolute bomb HR in the Futures Game, you have no reason to either. You mad bro?

What in the world would I be mad about? Just giving my opinion. If you objectively look at that swing, I don't know how you can see plus power, let alone plus plus power. I never said he had a whole in his swing, or that he wouldn't be a good hitter. Can he hit 10-15 homeruns? Sure, I just don't see 25-30 homeruns a season. Do you?

By the way, your stats actually are in my favor 7 homeruns in 300 at bats is far from impressive, the BA, hell yes it is, but not the power.

Last edited:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
What in the world would I be mad about? Just giving my opinion. If you objectively look at that swing, I don't know how you can see plus power, let alone plus plus power. I never said he had a whole in his swing, or that he wouldn't be a good hitter. Can he hit 10-15 homeruns? Sure, I just don't see 25-30 homeruns a season. Do you?

By the way, your stats actually are in my favor 7 homeruns in 300 at bats is far from impressive, the BA, hell yes it is, but not the power.

Skrip, he is what he is. The power has always been looked at as a possible ceiling of 25-30 HR's. I think if you had to ask a scout, the answer would be he's most likely to sit in the 15-20 range. But the hit tool is definitely there. So I guess I'm just not sure what you are referencing here-no one has said he'll have huge power.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts