Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Daily Performances and Futures Game Performances Thread - 7/8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
What in the world would I be mad about? Just giving my opinion. If you objectively look at that swing, I don't know how you can see plus power, let alone plus plus power. I never said he had a whole in his swing, or that he wouldn't be a good hitter. Can he hit 10-15 homeruns? Sure, I just don't see 25-30 homeruns a season. Do you?

By the way, your stats actually are in my favor 7 homeruns in 300 at bats is far from impressive, the BA, hell yes it is, but not the power.
I see a 20 yr old who still has yet to fully grow into his body. By the time he is 23 he is gonna be 220lbs. I've seen his homer rate increase as he has moved up levels. The biggest indicator to me that he will develop more is the rate at which he hits doubles. Last yr 36 and this yr 23.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Skrip, he is what he is. The power has always been looked at as a possible ceiling of 25-30 HR's. I think if you had to ask a scout, the answer would be he's most likely to sit in the 15-20 range. But the hit tool is definitely there. So I guess I'm just not sure what you are referencing here-no one has said he'll have huge power.

I am just giving an opinion on what I see for him in the future. Not trying to prove anyone wrong, or any scouting report wrong. Just spitting out what my eyes are seeing

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Hunter Morris "Boom Stick Edition", 11 TBs, 2 HRs, and a triple; 4 RBI

Not to jinx it, but Mark Rogers is pitching a gem. 7K thru 5IP, 2 hits 0 BBs

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brody Colvin -- 6 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K

Gary Sanchez HR (15)

Carlos Martinez -- 6 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K

James Paxton -- 4.1 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 8 K

Austin Wood -- 5.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 9 K