Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 5/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
hail2thevictors said:
mwashuc06 said:
hmmm strange with Taillon almost pitching like Porcello did in high A a few years ago, gotta be a bit concerned with the K-Rate. If he doesn't strikeout guys, he'll go down as another Pirates bust.

So much wrong with this, wow.

1st off, to drop even a mention of being a bust, after 6 starts into his career-is just hilarious. 2nd, you compare him to Rick Porcello, and try to say if he follows his path he will be a bust. So, a runner up for the ROY who was 20 years old pitching in the AL is a bust? He struggled last year, but he sure looks good to me again this year-as a 22 year old, when many guys are in AA, or even lower.

Just an example, being a Tigers fan I got to watch Verlander mature from being a guy in love with the strikeout, and lucky to last more than 6 IP, to a guy who wanted to get deep into games, whether he struck guys out or not-and now you will see him routinely pitching in the 7th, 8th, or beyond. He struck out 4 in his no hitter. The last thing I'd want Taillon doing is falling in love with the strikeout this early in his career.

I think you should pay attention to who the OP is, his thing is making comments on prospects with no actual facts or stats to back up his position.

Members online