Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 5/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
bballcardkid said:
mwashuc06 said:
be a bit concerned with the K-Rate. If he doesn't strikeout guys, he'll go down as another Pirates bust.

Not to knock your fantastic analysis or anything, but I don't really see a K rate problem when a guy strikes out 20 batters in 24 innings to start his professional career. Looking at the preliminary indicators, he has started out fine to me.

The Pirates are only letting him use his fastball until he reaches some control metrics they have established for him. They could care less about K's right now its all about controlling the zone with his fastball.

When he can use his secondary stuff his K rate should go up.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
jdacunha said:
Russ S. said:
jdacunha said:
anyone know when machado is coming off the DL?
Destroyed his knee. He retired.
What do you want to sell? :cool:

lol not selling anything...hoping to see him in lakewood this wknd.

Hey Jason. I heard that he is still traveling with the team on the road. I heard that he is close to coming back, so he should definitely be with the team when Delmarva comes in because I heard he is days away from returning. . I am going on Sunday and I might even take off of work on Tuesday night if I do not get Machado on Sunday. What game are you going to?

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
jbone17 said:
jdacunha said:
Russ S. said:
jdacunha said:

Hey Jason. I heard that he is still traveling with the team on the road. I heard that he is close to coming back, so he should definitely be with the team when Delmarva comes in because I heard he is days away from returning. . I am going on Sunday and I might even take off of work on Tuesday night if I do not get Machado on Sunday. What game are you going to?

I'll be down the shore for Memorial Day wknd, so at least sun and mon

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Today's notables include:

Mike Foltynewicz
Austin Ross
Paul Clemens
Maikel Cleto
Zack Wheeler
Alex Cobb
Daniel Corcino
Zach Stewart
Arodys Vizcaino
Brody Colvin
Brad Lincoln
Chad Jenkins
Justin Grimm
Jordan Swagerty
Julio Teheran
Drew Pomeranz
Casey Crosby
Kyle Gibson
Trey McNutt
Shane Dyer vs. Cody Scarpetta
Matt Lollis
Ethan Martin

and the matchup of the day -- Jesse Biddle vs. Jameson Taillon

Are you sure Pomeranz was scheduled to pitch tonight?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Dennis Raben hits a 2 run HR, number 10 on the year. I'd expect him to get moved to AA at some point around the AS break. Has 350+ AB's in A+ ball over the last two seasons and is already on the older side of prospects in A+ ball at 23

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
blazers091 said:
Bobby Borchering 4-5 2 doubles 1 triple 6 RBI's

He's over .300 for the first time this season and now has 40 RBI's. Finally starting to flash some of that potential (that I bought into) :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Nick1190 said:
Jaypers said:
Today's notables include:

Mike Foltynewicz
Austin Ross
Paul Clemens
Maikel Cleto
Zack Wheeler
Alex Cobb
Daniel Corcino
Zach Stewart
Arodys Vizcaino
Brody Colvin
Brad Lincoln
Chad Jenkins
Justin Grimm
Jordan Swagerty
Julio Teheran
Drew Pomeranz
Casey Crosby
Kyle Gibson
Trey McNutt
Shane Dyer vs. Cody Scarpetta
Matt Lollis
Ethan Martin

and the matchup of the day -- Jesse Biddle vs. Jameson Taillon

Are you sure Pomeranz was scheduled to pitch tonight?

You do realize everything that shows up on Milb.com is considered to be tentative, right?

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
jdacunha said:
Russ S. said:
jdacunha said:

Machado is in Florida doing a little rehab. Next week is probably more likely for his return.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
Lawrie HR (12)

Ended the game 2-4 with a HR and Double! .349 BA...when is he getting the call?! He has nothing left to prove in AAA (yes, his defense is just ok, but his bat is legit!)!

Yet another "Razor Exclusive" auto to explode in value in the coming weeks...Hosmer and now Lawrie!

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mwashuc06 said:
hmmm strange with Taillon almost pitching like Porcello did in high A a few years ago, gotta be a bit concerned with the K-Rate. If he doesn't strikeout guys, he'll go down as another Pirates bust.

So much wrong with this, wow.

1st off, to drop even a mention of being a bust, after 6 starts into his career-is just hilarious. 2nd, you compare him to Rick Porcello, and try to say if he follows his path he will be a bust. So, a runner up for the ROY who was 20 years old pitching in the AL is a bust? He struggled last year, but he sure looks good to me again this year-as a 22 year old, when many guys are in AA, or even lower.

Just an example, being a Tigers fan I got to watch Verlander mature from being a guy in love with the strikeout, and lucky to last more than 6 IP, to a guy who wanted to get deep into games, whether he struck guys out or not-and now you will see him routinely pitching in the 7th, 8th, or beyond. He struck out 4 in his no hitter. The last thing I'd want Taillon doing is falling in love with the strikeout this early in his career.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
shayscards79 said:
Clearwater and Jupiter are in the 22nd inning now.

Holy ess. 23rd now and it's 1-1! Two runs on 28 combined hits. A couple of Phillies are 1-for-10.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
braden said:
shayscards79 said:
Clearwater and Jupiter are in the 22nd inning now.

Holy ess. 23rd now and it's 1-1! Two runs on 28 combined hits. A couple of Phillies are 1-for-10.

One of them is Sebastian Valle, but he has an excuse, he's been catching for 22 innings! So far Clearwater has used [3] Position Players at pitcher, and none has given up a run.

Members online

Latest posts