Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 6/6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
ballerskrip said:
hail2thevictors said:
mwashuc06 said:
Jaypers said:
Harper HR (14)

Also a true ******* for blowing a kiss at the pitcher while rounding the bases. http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/vide ... HGdfok0G3f

Going to get him beaned in the head if he keeps it up...

Right, because that warrants throwing at someone's head \ ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Every single thing he does is watched-he's going to do things he probably shouldn't-he's an 18 year old for crying out loud. But, I guess if you can't rip on his game(haven't heard you say Machado will be better lately), then you have to rip on what he does when he hits his 14th jack.

You think he should be pimping homeruns like that? And yes, that is how you get your head taken off. I played and pitched in many games where guys were thrown at, and it didn't take much for it to happen. Much less than that.

Shoot, we played UNC when they had Andrew Miller and Bard in the Rotation. Our leadoff hitter was our best player, he led off the series with a bomb. What do you think happened next at bat? 97 mph in the neck. Bard hit him two days later for NO REASON. Just because he was our best player.

So if you think pimping a homerun like a world class prima-donna D-bag won't get you hit, then you have no clue what you are talking about.

skrip

OK dude, cool down.

I said it doesn't warrant throwing at someone's head. OBVIOUSLY that will get him hit, but there is nothing that should lead to a pitcher throwing at someones head. It seriously pisses me off when pitchers want to throw at someones head, but conveniently never have to face that themselves(if they don't hit).

So yeah, obviously watching a shot like that will get you hit-but it does not warrant having a guy throw at your head. And yes, it still happens-I would just love to see those same pitchers take a fastball to the head area-and perhaps that would put things in perspective for them.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
hail2thevictors said:
mwashuc06 said:
Jaypers said:
Harper HR (14)

Also a true ******* for blowing a kiss at the pitcher while rounding the bases. http://www.csnwashington.com/pages/vide ... HGdfok0G3f

Going to get him beaned in the head if he keeps it up...

Right, because that warrants throwing at someone's head \ ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Every single thing he does is watched-he's going to do things he probably shouldn't-he's an 18 year old for crying out loud. But, I guess if you can't rip on his game(haven't heard you say Machado will be better lately), then you have to rip on what he does when he hits his 14th jack.

EDIT: Maybe you could tell the whole story? Harper hits a dinger, admires it, does his trot, and after rounding 3rd the pitcher starts talking-which was when Harper blew the kiss, in reaction to the pitcher obviously getting upset. Sure, he shouldn't have admired the shot like that, but the pitcher doesn't need to be chiming in either-if he doesn't like a guy trotting, don't give up a fracking bomb. It's simple.

And FWIW I don't own a single Bryce card-I just get sick of people hating him because he's a beast.

The kid is a *******, I'll never buy his crap and fuel his ego. He was hot dogging it out of the box like he just hit #74 in the bigs.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
gonzagacubs said:
Harper is an arrogant piece of quit swearing It's fracking Low-A.

Sorry, just my opinion.
I agree what he does is very uncalled for but can you imagine being hounded everyday for an autograph, being on the cover of SI. being stalked, having everyone talk **** about you, having that pressure on you... He is 18 and he is one of if not the best players in the minors its hard to handle...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This post may surprise some of you, but I think what Harper did was just plain classless. No defending him here.

The only thing I can think of which motivated him to do such a thing was to get himself some revenge for being hit in the ankle on the first pitch last night. Clearly he hadn't gotten over it, if I'm guessing correctly.

That said, he needed to suck it up and move on.

His career won't take off as he'd want it to if he keeps this up. Attitude will inevitably kill your chances at success.

That's all.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
StrasburgMania said:
gonzagacubs said:

Sorry, just my opinion.
I agree what he does is very uncalled for but can you imagine being hounded everyday for an autograph, being on the cover of SI. being stalked, having everyone talk shat about you, having that pressure on you... He is 18 and he is one of if not the best players in the minors its hard to handle...

None of that should in any way impact the way he carries himself on the baseball diamond.

You play the game the right way, and he chose not to do so tonight.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
This happens all the time in the MLB. You hit me we hit you. Would you rather have a kiss blown at you or a 90+ MPH fastball thrown at you? Your choice.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
gonzagacubs said:
StrasburgMania said:
gonzagacubs said:

Sorry, just my opinion.
I agree what he does is very uncalled for but can you imagine being hounded everyday for an autograph, being on the cover of SI. being stalked, having everyone talk shat about you, having that pressure on you... He is 18 and he is one of if not the best players in the minors its hard to handle...

None of that should in any way impact the way he carries himself on the baseball diamond.

You play the game the right way, and he chose not to do so tonight.
I agree. He has a lot to learn ,thats for sure.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jaypers said:
This post may surprise some of you, but I think what Harper did was just plain classless. No defending him here.

The only thing I can think of which motivated him to do such a thing was to get himself some revenge for being hit in the ankle on the first pitch last night. Clearly he hadn't gotten over it, if I'm guessing correctly.

His career won't take off as he'd want it to if he keeps this up. Attitude will inevitably kill your chances at success.

That's all.

There is no doubt in my mind it was related to being hit yesterday(just my opinion).

Again, we are talking about an 18 year old kid-he was most likely still holding onto being hit the day before. Was it right? Heck no-but this kind of crap happens all the time, even in the majors. A guy gets hit on accident, then you have 2, 3, 4 things happen all because of that. When a guy gets hit, they want something happening as a reaction to that. So, this ego crap is nothing new to the game of baseball.

It's silly, but goodness grown men in the majors are doing it, too.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
hail2thevictors said:
Jaypers said:

That's all.

There is no doubt in my mind it was related to being hit yesterday(just my opinion).

Again, we are talking about an 18 year old kid-he was most likely still holding onto being hit the day before. Was it right? Heck no-but this kind of crap happens all the time, even in the majors. A guy gets hit on accident, then you have 2, 3, 4 things happen all because of that. When a guy gets hit, they want something happening as a reaction to that. So, this ego crap is nothing new to the game of baseball.

It's silly, but goodness grown men in the majors are doing it, too.
THIS!

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
Bryce Harper, meh. The guy has nowhere to go but down at this point, to much is expected of him and it's his career to screw up.

I'd rather concern myself with prospects that have a lot of upward trajectory and will progress into superstars in spite of hype.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
shayscards79 said:
Bryce Harper, meh. The guy has nowhere to go but down at this point, to much is expected of him and it's his career to screw up.

I'd rather concern myself with prospects that have a lot of upward trajectory and will progress into superstars in spite of hype.
Nowhere to go but down? He is 18 with 14 Hrs in single A. He is tearing up the minors. I don't understand

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I have said it from the beginning, this kid needs to grow up and act like a true man. He is a 13 year old inside of an 18 year old body. Grow up Harper.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
StrasburgMania said:
shayscards79 said:

Nowhere to go but down? He is 18 with 14 Hrs in single A. He is tearing up the minors. I don't understand

Good for him, he still has a long way to go. Like I said... it's his career to screw up.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
shayscards79 said:
StrasburgMania said:
shayscards79 said:

Good for him, he still has a long way to go. Like I said... it's his career to screw up.
I understand now your right its all his to screw up he has made it this far if he was done now it would be fine but everyone is projecting amazing things from him so if he doesn't accomplish these amazing things than he is nothing more than a fail.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I truly hope that washington has some STRONG managers along the way. This kid needs to be taught, get his ass chewed, and shown the way to be a professional. Not act like a petulant silver spooned jack ass. Come on bryce, I am rooting for you, turn this clown show around.

Skrip

Members online