Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB - 5/2/10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Daniel Bard strikes out Scott and Reimold with the bases loaded to get out of the 1 out jam in the bottom of the 8th. Millwood finally out, Ohman into the game for Baltimore

pitt23

Aug 7, 2008
Houston
braden said:
Zach Greinke- 2.27 ERA. 33:7 K:BB.............0-3 W-L.

Might be the best 5 win pitcher in baseball this year. Yikes.... how long until he can get signed by the Yankees?

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
doug "big daddy" fister with 12 up and 12 down so far.

the ump is forcing a small strike zone, yet both pitchers are doing well

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
pitt23 said:
braden said:
Zach Greinke- 2.27 ERA. 33:7 K:BB.............0-3 W-L.

Might be the best 5 win pitcher in baseball this year. Yikes.... how long until he can get signed by the Yankees?[/quote]

Three or four years, I think.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Anyone notice that Soriano has been raking? 4 homers, 10 RBI in his last 3 games.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
wow, one of the potentially worst balls/strikes calls Ive ever seen is haunting the mariners.
3-2 count 0 out, ball is thrown 1 inch left of the exact center of the plate. ump calls it a ball :benson:

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
KOBEARODLT said:
gt2590 said:
Thome with HR #569, and he's in that group where he can pass 4 guys in a hurry. 18 more and he passes Palmiero, then Killebrew then McGwire and finally Frank Robinson. He'll probably be #8 by the end of the season.

Pretty impressive for a guy who I've never worried about having juiced up. He's just "country strong" and obviously his being able to DH has lengthened his career significantly.

not trying to start an argument in this thread but he is one player that i am almost positive that has juiced...i hate how he gets a pass because he is a nice guy in the league

doesnt exactly look country strong to me

thome.jpg

This is the argument that pisses me off more than any one about PEDs. You look at a picture of a "kid" who is 19 or 20 years old. He has likely not lifted many weights, doesn't have the best nutritional values, and isn't working out correctly. He also had school, maybe a job, and other things in his life.

He then gets drafted, has the BEST strength coaches in the world, a nutritionist, and this is now his FULL TIME JOB. Likely lifting 5 times a week, eating correctly to gain muscle mass, and now has the time to do it religously.

Almost EVERY single ball player gains weight, gains muscle, and is MUCH stronger after being in professional baseball for 4-5 years. If they aren't, then they are not giving the effort.

I have used this example before, and will again. I stepped on campus at Purdue when I was 17 years old. I tried to lift, but didn't work that hard at it. I was 17, 6'4" 170 pounds. By the end of my 3rd year on campus, I was 20 years old, 6'4" and 215 pounds. I worked hard, I lifted, I took protein shakes, and this was all with having school to deal with. Imagine if I didn't have school, study table, etc to deal with? Oh, and I NEVER took anything that was even questionable!

ehhhhh, this argument drives me NUTS.

skrip

Members online