Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*********Monday Morning Tread *******

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Busted my forehead open by head-ramming the tri-roof birdcage...

Lots of streaming blood...very cool. :lol:

BTW, I have 2 parakeets named Fluffy and Jellybean.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Good evening.

Doing work all night. Tomorrow night is a school board meeting that hopefully many of the teachers in my district will attend and voice their opinion about the possibility of cutting teachers.

First topic on the agenda? Voting to approve spending $8,200 on warm up jackets for the sports teams. ::facepalm::

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
schillingfan said:
Good evening.

Doing work all night. Tomorrow night is a school board meeting that hopefully many of the teachers in my district will attend and voice their opinion about the possibility of cutting teachers.

First topic on the agenda? Voting to approve spending $8,200 on warm up jackets for the sports teams. ::facepalm::

::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Sounds like the school I went to. Talks of starting a la crosse team while being unable to update books that are 3-4 editions (6-8 years) behind. I understand that some books don't change enough in that time but in this case, they do. Or at least increase the number of books/buy replacements for the ones that are falling apart.

In other news, I found out today that once I finish my Masters I will be qualified to teach in a 4 year college if I wish.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Sjrmn91 said:
Sounds like the school I went to. Talks of starting a la crosse team while being unable to update books that are 3-4 editions (6-8 years) behind. I understand that some books don't change enough in that time but in this case, they do. Or at least increase the number of books/buy replacements for the ones that are falling apart.

In other news, I found out today that once I finish my Masters I will be qualified to teach in a 4 year college if I wish.

Agreed. Congrats on being able to teach at the college level. That's definitely something that I want to pursue one day.

TBTwinsFan said:
That's a lot of money. Make them buy their own.

Exactly. It's a privilege, not a right.

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
schillingfan said:
Sjrmn91 said:

Agreed. Congrats on being able to teach at the college level. That's definitely something that I want to pursue one day.

TBTwinsFan said:
That's a lot of money. Make them buy their own.

Exactly. It's a privilege, not a right.

my feelings exactly.
that gibson is sick!

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
George_Calfas said:
Scott; warmup jackets and such should be athletic fund raisers......NOT budget lines.

Bingo. Even parents of the students who are on the team are saying that. Hopefully it gets shot down.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
That Gibson is filthy.

I have one of those screwdowns for my button card too...they are massive!!

1/2" thick...and stands up on it's own on my desk... :lol:

Photo0642A.jpg

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
ChasHawk said:
That Gibson is filthy.

I have one of those screwdowns for my button card too...they are massive!!

1/2" thick...and stands up on it's own on my desk... :lol:

Photo0642A.jpg
Thats Funny, When I bought my Gibson, Musial and Snider Button Autos they also came in those Giant Screw Downs :lol: I Took them out and put them in one Touches.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
ChasHawk said:
I still can't believe they put that on upside down... ::facepalm::

In other news, I need to dust my computer monitor... :lol: :lol:
How do you put a button on upside down??

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Holy Gibson button auto :shock: :shock: I REALLY hope to see one of our MTers land that awesomeness!!!!

Jen and I went for an urban hike...3.5 miles from home to REI then back :) Slowly getting our backpacking gear for our trip at Yellowstone in July :cool: Took a couple pics on the hike down that I thought a few of you might like to see:

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts