Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Montero (two) HR!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
What is this auto?

$(KGrHqR,!iIE5dhgILgKBOZR8QJg6g~~60_12.JPG

[ebay:lx7hhahd]290607056032[/ebay:lx7hhahd]

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Re: Montero HR!

P_Manning 18 said:
goldenegg1 said:
Will there be post everytime he gets a home run or just this one?

Everytime.

Until he reaches the number of at bats that takes him away from "prospect" and moves him into "rookie"... at that time they will have moved on to the next great "propsect"...most likely That Bryce Harper kid.

It would be even more impressive if he took the field and didn't play DH. When will that happen?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

uniquebaseballcards said:
P_Manning 18 said:
goldenegg1 said:
Will there be post everytime he gets a home run or just this one?

Everytime.

Until he reaches the number of at bats that takes him away from "prospect" and moves him into "rookie"... at that time they will have moved on to the next great "propsect"...most likely That Bryce Harper kid.

It would be even more impressive if he took the field and didn't play DH. When will that happen?

The Yankees are trying to win the AL East.

They don't really want to have someone with no big league experience behind the dish.

Don't worry, his time will come.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008

vwnut13 said:

They don't really want to have someone with no big league experience behind the dish.

That's not what I asked, that's (*gasp*) obvious spin!

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont

vwnut13 said:

That's not what I asked, that's (*gasp*) obvious spin!

You asked when it will happen.

It's going to happen when the Yankees want it to. Montero will probably catch the next time Martin gets a day off. The truth is, the Yankees aren't going to push Martin out of the starting spot because of Montero. The Yankees need a DH. Montero fills that need. It doesn't mean he doesnt have the abilitry to catch.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
vwnut13 said:
What is this auto?

$(KGrHqR,!iIE5dhgILgKBOZR8QJg6g~~60_12.JPG

[ebay:2lo7wszc]290607056032[/ebay:2lo7wszc]

Not idea, but thanks for the publicity :)

I got the card in a trade, and I had no idea it wasn't his auto until I got home and saw that his other threads auto's did not look like that. The card is numbered and has the foil like all of the others, it's probably just a sticker from someone else.

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
aminors said:
fengzhang said:
Hopefully, there's a thread every time he strikes out with the bases loaded again.

Keep sippin' that Kool-Aid, man.

Haters gonna hate. That's all.

That's not fair either, lovers gonna love.

Never said they wouldn't. Lovers are gonna love and that's an accurate assessment.

However, a young (possibly-could-be-emerging-star) Yankee just hit two homers in a game in his first week in the big leagues and all this dude does is come to the thread to say "Yeah, but he Ked with the bases loaded."

Just trying to detract from the Yankees and their players because he's a Mariners fan if I recall correctly.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
aminors said:
Never said they wouldn't. Lovers are gonna love and that's an accurate assessment.

However, a young (possibly-could-be-emerging-star) Yankee just hit two homers in a game in his first week in the big leagues and all this dude does is come to the thread to say "Yeah, but he Ked with the bases loaded."

Just trying to detract from the Yankees and their players because he's a Mariners fan if I recall correctly.

Somehow I don't think he's thinking as a Mariner fan here though. Out of curiosity, are you a big Yankee fan?

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
aminors said:
aminors said:
fengzhang said:
Hopefully, there's a thread every time he strikes out with the bases loaded again.

Keep sippin' that Kool-Aid, man.

Haters gonna hate. That's all.

That's not fair either, lovers gonna love.

That explains it :lol:

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
aminors said:

Somehow I don't think he's thinking as a Mariner fan here though. Out of curiosity, are you a big Yankee fan?

I am. They're the team that got me into baseball in a virtually sports-dead area (except the Colts, because no one cares about the Pacers outside of Indy).

Members online

Latest posts