Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

************** Morning Thread *********** 11/7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well I ended up taking a short nap before going to get lunch. I missed out on the special today which was a Philly cheese steak. I knew they were having it today but I didn't expect them to be completely sold out at 1 today

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
They just don't understand our joys lol

It interesting this came up. My wife came back home after going to a movie with her mom, and she laid on the bed while i was finishing my scanning since my computer is working again. And she actually engaged me in conversation about my collection. Asking what card I would get if money were no object, whats my fav card now, what card am I trying to find... She never really cared before. So I told her all about it. My obsession with completing rainbows, my wanting to go all out and get back the cards I once owned before selling them for our wedding, showed her my PSA 10s, explained what PSA is... It was nice of her to at least pretend to be interested. But I think she actually cared about what I had to say. It was a nice moment.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Prayer update
They postponed my Aunt's surgery until tomorrow or next available, her blood levels are too low. Probably a transfusion is in line.
Please keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
It interesting this came up. My wife came back home after going to a movie with her mom, and she laid on the bed while i was finishing my scanning since my computer is working again. And she actually engaged me in conversation about my collection. Asking what card I would get if money were no object, whats my fav card now, what card am I trying to find... She never really cared before. So I told her all about it. My obsession with completing rainbows, my wanting to go all out and get back the cards I once owned before selling them for our wedding, showed her my PSA 10s, explained what PSA is... It was nice of her to at least pretend to be interested. But I think she actually cared about what I had to say. It was a nice moment.

My girlfriend likes to humor me every now and then. If she's around whenever I get a new card in the mail I always ask if she wants to see and she usually says yes, even though I know she could care less. She does enjoy opening packs with me though! I remember when the 2011 Value Boxes were hot, she got me a couple of Valentine's Day. She begged me to help open them so I let her start opening the Update since the good stuff was coming out of the Chrome packs. She got a Freddie Freeman Next 60 auto.

On another note, I have slowly been adding to my HOF auto collection. I received a Jim Rice Museum Collection auto in the mail a couple of days ago, and just picked up 2 baseballs signed by Duke Snider and Rollie Fingers today

CatdaddysCards

Trade Moderator
Mar 12, 2010
Cherryvale, KS

When my wife does this, my next gift is something we discussed lol.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
When my wife does this, my next gift is something we discussed lol.

-------------------------------------

Need Moustakas, Hosmer and patches.

while it would seem like a possibility, i doubt it would happen because she doesnt know how to work ebay, and i would assume she would be intimidated by the whole process and do something wrong, like get the wrong card.

it would be nice though.

Its too bad ebay doesnt have gift cards anymore, cuz that would be her way out.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!

A Prayer request guys
My Aunt is having emergency Aortic valve replacement in 1/2 hour. They found out yesterday. My mom's kid sister ( she is 75)

Prayers to you and your family for a good outcome.:grouphug:

Feel free to call my wife and tell her that...... :)

My wife would be right there helping. I am a lucky man.:cool:

Barry - Nice mailday, sir!:D

Just realized this is post 69, it must be my density (Back to the Future reference).

My MTSS victim's major purchase is made. Now for some additional goodies.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
How is everyone's MTSS going? I'm thinking I'm down the home stretch. I have a few more things to tie down but then it is all up to the packaging and shipping :)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Evening all. At a buddy's watching football and scouring eBay. Some good deals on hof autos out there if your in the game. A lot to pick from lately I'm rather undecided on which way to go

Sent from my iPhone

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Okay, trying to put together some funds for a potential purchase this weekend ;)

Anyone interested in these here?

Al Simmons National Treasure 05/99
$10 PayPal gift delivered
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1383875582.706771.jpg

I have two Griffey Jr. '89 UD RCs
$20 each or both for $35 PayPal Gift delivered
ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1383875737.567980.jpg

Hopefully I can dig up more stuff...

If I wasn't on mobile I'd start a thread but thought I'd check with y'all first.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
What is a fair price for a Mariano Rivera RC?! COMCs start at $80 raw and looks like eBay is much lower anywhere between $35-50? Had no idea they were more than a Griffey haha

ImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1383877312.950176.jpg

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online